1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Jam With The Band (E) Anti-Piracy Thread

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by romsrule99, May 19, 2010.

1. Kaptan

Kaptan Well-Known Member

It works with AKAIO 1.7.

2. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

So which files do I replace in order for 1.7 to work? My current AKAIO firmware is 1.6RC2

3. Kaptan

Kaptan Well-Known Member

Remove the 2 AKAIO 1.6RC2 folders from the card (_aio and akmenu4.nds) and replace with the 2 new AKAIO 1.7 downloaded folders with the same name.

4. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

Does the Akaio autopatch the game? If so, can someone upload so other people dont miss out? (DSTT) etc...

5. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Akaio doesn't touch the roms, all patches are internal to the firmware.

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

All firmwares work as KevInChester described. The game patch is internal to the firmware, it is inside, specifically made to work with that firmware. It also isn't really a "patch", it is more like the ability to bypass that specific AP pattern has now been input into the firmware's code. So there is no way that it will ever help for non Acekard users.

7. Pokemaster2473

Pokemaster2473 New Member

I can't get it to work on Acekard 2i with Firmware 1.7. I've replaced the _aio and Akaio menu with the new ones. All the other AP games (Such as tetris party) have been fixed but Jam with the band still doesn't work. Oh yeah and When it loads the rom the Loading sign is yellow . Any helo? :p

8. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Have you modified the file in any way, attempted to patch it or anything? If you are using a clean rom I can only suggest deleting any save file for it you already have, delete the AIO folder and the akmenu file, and put the firmware back on. It does work, tried it myself.

9. Pokemaster2473

Pokemaster2473 New Member

It is a clean rom and I've tried putting the firmware back on :-[ Thanks anyway though

10. japper

japper Member

Does not work on M3izero he can't find the save data

11. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

OK. Download AKAIO 1.7, and reformatted the micro SD with the proper program and....

Game works so far! Got through Smoke on the Water button Tutorial and We are the Champions mic tutorial. Gonna try other stuff later and see if I encounter any AP bumps.

Oh yeah, since THIS is a rom, I can already assume that the download option via Wi-Fi isn't gonna work due to the ID block.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jam_With_the_Band#Development

12. Gullwing

Gullwing Member

No EDGE fix yet?

13. stirgo1212

NO! Only R4 and Acekard work. All the rest dont (DSTT/EDGE/M3)

14. stvlite

stvlite Member

Confirmed working on CycloDS v.1.59 and vB.3!

15. wtfroms

wtfroms Member

Doesn't work on CycloDS v.1.59 and vB.3 for me I get a load error with clean rom.

16. Halo-101

Halo-101 Well-Known Member

stirgo SCDS2 Works as well as r4 original,DSTT

17. stirgo1212

Whut? DSTT works? HOW? tell me please

18. Jeff217

Jeff217 Active Member

edge updated its firmware. included fix for this.

19. noahhaon

noahhaon Member

works on cyclo ds firmware 1.59

20. Halo-101

Halo-101 Well-Known Member

Sorry I Meant Acekard,R4,SuperCard DS 2 Not DSTT Sorry 2 get your hopes up.