1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Jack Thompson Takes Advantage of Another Tragic Event: NIU Shooting

Discussion in 'General News' started by Void, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Source:
    http://kotaku.com/357294/jt-on-the-niu-shooting-+-the-video

Well, way to go Jack. Another baseless fucking random assumption. He even refers back to the VTech shootings, to which he blamed Cho for playing Counter Strike (note: Before the released information on who the shooter was) and was made to take a fucking seat when Cho had no signs of Counter Strike on his computer at all. It wasn't even closely related to his actions, and Jack still brought THAT up too. This is like making a bet on a football game, losing the bet, and then claiming you won the bet. I can't even describe his stupidity.

Way to go Jack, you soulless fucking demon. You've taken advantage of another tragic situation to lie and exaggerate the dangers of videogames. Gg.

2. Reider

Reider Modereider

Jack Thompson is one of my biggest sources for whenever I need something funny to look at/listen to.

Yes
    Well, this IS Fox News we're talking about here. They've had some pretty stupid moments before too.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

There's a another article on that here also.

http://ds.qj.net/Jack-Thompson-interview-NIU-shootout-related-to-violent-video-games/pg/49/aid/113786.

4. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I really don't know what to say. How can you just piggyback on a tragic massacre to spread your ridiculous ideas to the grieving students of the school? This guy is nothing but entertainment to the video game community, and no one but idiotic parents are actually gullible enough to believe this bull.

5. Aegix

Aegix Well-Known Member

*sigh* Idiot...Again...

Seriously. How much more can this guy spout his nonsense before society says "ok, screw you JT"?

Seriously. This is getting retarded.

And for the record, Video games have ( I think) made me a better person. Having grown up with Zelda, Kirby, and Sonic, I have developed a "hero instict". Basically, I have an inner need to help others constantly.

And of course, violent games helped me get out my aggression in high school, when I was the target of EVERY FREAKING IDIOT IN THE SCHOOL FOR FIVE YEARS. >: D Better to blow up pixels on a regular basis thatn to keep it all bottled up and then hurt real people.

And lastly, if some idiot DOES copy a game in his mad attacks on society, then think about it. The guy is ALREADY messed up, and if he didn't get the idea from a game, it would have been from the Chainsaw massacre or something.

6. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

You know what I find funny.

Cartoons of their generation were equally as violent yet they claim to be responsible adults and I would say that Cartoons back then were like Videogames since they were the main source of entertainment(/"influence" if we take into account what these kinds of people say) for kids :D

Examples:
    Tom and Jerry
    3 Stooges
    Loony Tunes

If these violent acts were permitted on air back then, why ban modern violence ???

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

cartoon violence is considerably different to live action violence...

8. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

agreed but still slapstick comedy is pain to others = fun. besides the simulation of the character and less blood/gore the principle is the same

9. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I drew the line when he said Super Mario provoked violence...

10. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

I dont know how he can see that... I mean all mario did was stomp on mushrooms. And you know we do have something called rating system that doesn't allow kids to purchase games that are not meant for kids. Better beat the guy you hate in CS than beat him in real person...more glorious pride comes from beating him in CS anyway, plus you wont have guilt :p

11. mysticaloctopus

mysticaloctopus Well-Known Member

To quote the internet: That's not mud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.