1. This forum is in read-only mode.

J-Pop & J-Rock, you Dig?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, May 31, 2008.

1. foreverzerov1

foreverzerov1 Member

its not so much i dig it as its like a car wreck and i cant help but keep listening once i hear a catchy jpop tune

2. Chucklehofft

Chucklehofft Member

The Black Mages FTW, even if they aren't jpop (got to bluelaguna.net, under "final fantasy"). good stuff.

3. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Like many teenagers in my day I'll get my music fix wherever I can, and Jpop or Jrock is no exception. In particular, I found myself liking Utada Hikaru a lot a while back (yes, spurred by the KH phenomenon, which I ironically refused to play). Jpop and Jrock are nice to go with other collections as long as they don't seem too... forced...

(Why do I always find type-o's AFTER hitting save?)

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well it cant be help, catgirl are too cute to resist.

anyway i found the "most cute" black cat in the history

[​IMG]

i just saw her this morning in the cartoon and i cant take my eyes off her.....

5. zinectics

zinectics Well-Known Member

im into j music right now

2 of my favorite j artist

asian kung fu generation
    album: world world world

yui
    songs: rolling star,goodbye days, ^^

2 artist from the bleach ost ^^

im also to the ost of nodame cantabile, my girlfriend likes the anime nodame.

6. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Nodame OST is just nomal classicals

7. zinectics

zinectics Well-Known Member

yup the ost are classicals

but the opening song is so jpop/rock for me i think ^^

8. Miyu Hoshino

Miyu Hoshino Member

... Why hasn't anyone mentioned Abingdon Boys School yet, they own !!!!! :D

9. meminpanda

meminpanda Well-Known Member

haha now we are 2

10. faune

faune Well-Known Member

Hm. :X Well I've been listening to a very small selection of J-pop since I was about 10, which include.. Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, Amuro Namie, KOTOKO, Mami Kawada, Eiko Shimamiya, and probably a handful of others that I've forgotten. :X And as for J-rock.. eh, not my thing, cos I don't like their voices. D; The only J-rock group I've liked a bit is Kagerou. ;p

11. metalgearham

metalgearham Member

I enjoy Gackt, AKFG, High and Mighty Color, Baseball Bears and a couple of other bands but my favorite artist to come out of japan is Susumu Hirasawa

12. Kinkei

Kinkei New Member

Have ever listen to Monkey Majik?:3

well,it's not 100% J xD;

but i like the songs.

13. KowaiOishi

KowaiOishi Member

Naitomeas My Favourite.
    AKFG...
    Gackt... (Have You Seen His Abs? *Nosebleed*)

14. Abbye

Abbye New Member

I also like j-pop and j-rock as well korean and taiwanese ones. I don't really know why i like them so much, of course it all starts with animes, but them i started to learn some others that are non-anime related and found it to be good ^^

15. GothiqueFTW

GothiqueFTW Well-Known Member

Well, I come from Egypt and the Egyptian songs are so repetitive ( similar melodies and lyrics, with vry few exeptions), not to mention that all emerging artist sound so weird. I have turned to world music long ago. I started with american music (whatever was popular at the time) then it quickly went down to (Sex, sex, booty, boobs, etc...) leaving me with older rock and metal songs, even older than my age (Alice Cooper, David Bowie,etc ...). I admit to liking Jpop/Jrock and especially Visual Kei (Malice Mizer, Moi Dix Mois, etc...), I found out about them by accident, I had always heard Gackt this and Gackt that on forums I went to, so I wanted to know who he was, and here I am. I still listen to other kinds of music all the time, but Japanese music was a nice addition, althogh I don't like the fact that I can't understand the lyrics right out of the box. I'm not a big fan of anime music though, but the music on Cowboy Bebop sure is cool.

16. Alin_El_Rene

Alin_El_Rene Member

I like Jyukai (Fate Stay Night, Ah My Goddess OP and ED song) and it is J-Pop. I like the song, most of them are easy to listen like Koibito Doushi, and Anataga Ita Mori. Then Tainaka Sachi with Kirameku Namida wa Hoshi ni.

17. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I like JAM project's stuff.
    Now that I think about it,most of my songs are japense despite the fact I don't understand the language.But now have an answer for those who wonder why I listen to songs I don't understand.

18. evannick

evannick Well-Known Member

Mizuki Nana and I've Sounds members

19. riksa90

riksa90 Well-Known Member

AKFG, Maximum the Hormone, Girugamesh, The Gazette, Uverworld and An Cafe are my favorites. Home Made Kazoku has few nice songs too.

20. amuletneko

amuletneko Well-Known Member

i like VOCALOID J-pop Music
    like Melt XD