1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I've had it up to here!

Discussion in 'Rants' started by JazzyBunny, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Nice Reiq avatar.

2. corprlfish

corprlfish Well-Known Member

I broke my DS... And my little brothers... And I lost my R4.... And I broke my PSP....

God damn it >.>

I have an R4 and I never had a problem with it, I never wanted to play any games that didn't work on it, I had the game I liked and that's all I needed....

But since I break shit, I have to use an emulator to play DS games.... Kinda crappy >.>

3. mr. awesome

mr. awesome Well-Known Member

U BROKE UR BROTHERS! That duznt seem legal... lol

4. JazzyBunny

JazzyBunny Well-Known Member

Re: I\\\'ve had it up to here!

Thanks you have quite a sexy avatar yourself.
    Post Merge: [time]1270030100[/time]
    LOL funny how the minute a fix came out for S&S Racing, every other game was being brought up and asked for fixs. God it never ends.
    Post Merge: [time]1270030201[/time]
    Not cool breaking your bro's toys shame.....shame on you :(

5. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

well i think its true

well i dont think they remember that THIS IS ALL FREE be grateful that they have the F*cking rom like well.... noobs and why cant they wait until a path or something and not flood romulation like when pokemon ss and hg topic got closed because of them so yes

6. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

After a while (a long, long while...) veterans of the scene tend to stop caring and simply try to ignore all the whining kids, though deep down we actually are fazed despairing for humanity's future.

The root problem is that for new consumers, the terms "R4" and "flashcart" are completely synonymous, and this starts a cycle in which clone manufacturers attempt to exploit budding pirates, which results in further market saturation. Once it starts, it can't be stopped, especially considering that this field of business doesn't take well to advertising other than through word-of-mouth.

7. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

I too was advised to get a R4.But I soon found out the Acekard2i was better and changed to that.I never whined about the R4 and them arseholes on here should just upgrade-its only $13/£8.

This is the characteristics of the kids on here

1.Want Carts for fuckall.
    2.Want them like yesterday.
    3.Want someone like Tirith to get it up and running.
    4.Want superspeed Rom download capability for free.

Before I had the R4,my wife spent over £500 on games

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I just quoted the message and removed the pink tags.

Ahem, long time no see jazzy, we missed you on spam thread, though it seems it's a rant so...

Most people here (and hence why we try to be friendly) is because it's noobs/newbs, kids and dumb founded parents that haven't a clue tend to do the most impulsive of all actions...nag.

I'm surprised that not more Aussies come here, my trip to rumble and riches market (lavo market to locals) has shops flogging pre-set r4's, and ADVISING people to come here if they want more help...I hate...HATE those stalls.

And this post also works...I just consider most people here as what I said.

On a less friendly forum with more people would be in the know-crap that goes on here doesn't happen, though people like me (or should I say...what I used to be...) wouldn't last long, end up here, and tend to nag about such issues...

I'd love to help these poor souls with r4 troubles, but....

The only real action i could take is to report the market stalls at lavo market about the pre-set r4 card vendors (apparently it's legal to seel them with no software-but these guys have games on them...and from what I read it's not legal at all anymore) which means the vendors I do like (who solds various mod chips and psp mods which...I do infact like :) ) will get hit in the cross fire.

PREVENTION is better than cure-so I say sadly to those with r4's and can't work them out...google around, find your answers, and pray to god you find more pre-patched roms to work with while I enjoy what I got with my acekard, and buy what do like that has AP protection.

To those planning on an r4...unless you got a mentor who is in the know or you stick to the older gen games...don't bother.

9. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

hey im aussie but im smart i got a cyclods EASY (i have been playing silver not soul silver since i won soul silver i like silver better)

but like i said r4 users become noobs when click click *buy* and they have no clue in what they are doing really if you are planning to get something get a acekard or cyclods or something and really n64's are better than ds's

i got a cyclods since prices are so high here really like 50$ for a fucking imagine game really i got pearl mario kart nintendogs and animal crossing and then i found out about cyclods like 2 or 3 years ago since my friend had an acekard and i just got my pay pal so i got a cyclods and i loved it and got a slot 2 for ram and its a 3 in 1 thing and i play so many gba games or neo geo games like metal slug or snes game or even sega games its awesome so people dont get a fucking r4 you will cause trouble so get something like a acekard or a cyclods they are much better since less patches needed and they upgrade weekly (in beta) so i recommend you get one of them and not a r4 (even an edge is better that an r4)

10. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

why dont people just upgrade to acekard?
    i know nothing about cards but i wanted 1 for my neice and 2 mins research on here and 2 mins on google and i found acekard2i for 15 pound, its cheap enough, kids get that much pocket money nowadays.
    theres nothing to moan about if they just get off their arse and do something

11. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

It took me a while to find a store that sells flashcarts. Those stuff are hard to find if they're illegal.

12. msg2009

how are they illegal?

13. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

My country.

14. msg2009

i thought using them for roms was illegal not the actual things themselves?

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Alot of stores say that, but from what I read on nintendo's news...

http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=news&nid=90&pageID=6

It's obvious that they aren't accepted, at least herd own under.

There are a few shops that disregard the rules entirly and sell pre-loaded r4's as I said before...I hate...HATE those shops, breeds morons asking stupid questions when they wish to add more games.

16. tails100

tails100 Active Member

I like my Ez Flash V Plus its fine just wait 3 to 4 days for a new firmware update. Ez Flash gets updated frequently.

17. msg2009

but just the normal card themselves with no games on them are not illegal?
    thats like saying you cant have any cd burning software because your going to copy cd's

18. JazzyBunny

JazzyBunny Well-Known Member

I've missed you guys too, but alot has happened to me in the past few months and I'm trying to make time to go back to the spam thread. I promise by mid-april I should be back ;)

19. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

...this all leads to Nintendo and it's crappy "Anti-Piracy".
    I bet if there were no flashcards a only a few people would buy DS.
    I think 40% use flashcards.

Lucky PSP users, no AP.

20. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Making your yexy color a little darker would help other people that use calibrated pc monitors, like me. I had to highlight the whole text in order to be able to read it.

I agree with you. They're complaining on forums when they should be taking action against a "Apple-like" company that doesn't support old products forcing you to buy new ones.