1. This forum is in read-only mode.

It's Been Bothering Me.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dancubs, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

How about classical music? Is that not "true" music? Are you saying that Bach, Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, and Chopin aren't music?

They're truer music than your "rock" and "metal" will ever be. Grow up.

2. Shiini

Shiini New Member

Loonylion said it best I think. If all they actually take part in creating the music rather than just shifting between songs then they have made music and therefore are a musician. But I suppose it really comes down to your own definition of a 'musician'.

3. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

if because they use computer programs i think they are some singers use autotune which i think is a computer program and you dont really need talent or skill with autotune

4. namklaw7

namklaw7 Well-Known Member

I think the proper term would be Sound Technician, not musician.
    Some scratch, which is an art and some sample other songs to make new beats. It does take skill but it wouldn't make them musicians. DJs that don't scratch or sample and just pick which songs are played are not real DJs.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Music can be many many things...I find metal better than pop, but not better than J-Pop :)

It's all about preferance, that's why there is so many...

But I hope someone agree's with me about RnB and rap being "manufactured" rather than "real" like back in the day LOL!

Agreed :)

6. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

A muscican is a creator of sound,he creates the song structure,tone,riff,melody,tempo etc etc.A Artist.
    So he is a muscican,not a technican lol......

I dont like the music,but still see them as artists and muscicans,becasue they create music and sounds.

7. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

Sound Technician would be the more correct term for me. For presently, there is no proper term to call that person which excels in the Scratching and Mixing art, thus Sound Technician. My question has been pretty much answered. :)

Calling them Sound Technicians aren't actually bashing them. It's more of a proper way of identification.

8. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

I like mike shinoda XD

9. dancubs

He's a musician. He plays guitar, piano and sings.

10. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

I don't think DJ are musicians they are something beetween musician and creators of art AND STOP MOCKING OTHER PEOPLES TASTE OF MUSIC everyone has their own tastes
    example:I hate rap and pop and love heavy metal and rock

11. MitsukaiXxX

You just answered your own statment,creators of art is a musician.

music=art
    Artist=Creator
    Music +Creator= Musician

12. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

in a sense yes and at the same times not, I mean that DJ modifies the music and at the same time makes it his/her own looking
    and sometimes makes his own music, in that case he is a musician
    but some dont make their own music just mix it and those people I would call artists in their field but not musician.
    we could argue all day long about this for this "line" is thin

13. dancubs

The line is thin, but definite.

14. MitsukaiXxX

So if a artist covers a song,it dosnt make him a musician?....thats gotta be wrong :(