1. This forum is in read-only mode.

is there any female here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eightyfive, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Rock <3

I occasionally put on make up...Well, more like some eyeliner, mascara and some lip gloss...I can't do the whole foundation (liquid, cream or powder, concealer, bronzer and all that jazz...) I have a kid to take care of...And I believe less is more.

2. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

I noticed throughout the forums I've been to lots of the guys start up topics like this.What's up with that?

3. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Because guys are always curious and females are always "meh"

4. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

sexist.

5. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I don't feel I was...I was just stating my opinion. I've not seen other females really ask, "WHERE DA FEMALES AT?!?!?!" So, it's just from my point of view since I've been with the forum for more than a year.

6. AnimeboyX3

I don't really see any reason for the guys to be curious considering they won't meet anyone on the forum let alone the girls of it.

7. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

In my opinion there are girls who game and visit this site but perhaps their involvement in forums are lesser. Missy is right about being busy as I have a household to run and other activities to attend to. Maybe girls just don't have enough time to be chatting in the forums. LOL, I can't master makeups and play video games and do housework all at the same time either. So perhaps you don't see girls yelling in the forums looking for other girls in the forum.

Video games used to be dominated by guys and the thought of playing a game might not sound as appealing to girls due to some other aspects as well. I speak on my own behalf and not others, some girls may agree seeing characters with skimpy outfit or overly grown chests might turn off the idea of playing a game altogether. Or sometimes the maiden always get kinapped and the guy hero ended up saving a damsel in distress. All these play a factor in gaming. Another example is the dating game, why is it directed to guys and not vice versa? All starrings are male and not girls looking for guys in sim dating or related dating games.

I do think girls can game just as well as guys. Not many I have to say but hopeful in the not so distance future, more games will be aimed at girls:) And I don't just mean Hello Kitty style or girls club games. Something like FF 13 that has a solid girl character:)

8. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

Why doesn't a decent girl with a passion for Video Games/Marijuana/Romulation/Horror Movies just fall into my lap D:

I need to get out more Zz

9. AnimeboyX3

Beggers can't be choosers the old saying goes XD!

10. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

si :/

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ones I definitely know....but then again i just remembered a few, my memory is bad...8 I actually remember AND know are girls...

9 now...guess girls put social/responsibilities first before crap like forums, which I admit is a good thing.

And I seen some awesome skills from girls, but I seen very few that could do well in multiple categories (one I knew was a god at tetris-yet couldn't match me in anything else since I'm an allrounder).

And very few girls are considered hardcore gamers anyway, most I seen/know are casuals, hence why the wii in Australia did well in sales (they appealed to casuals...many wii's belong to girls/mixed families...and how the girly shovel ware sells...a sign of young ones prehaps...)

12. sylky0604

sylky0604 Well-Known Member

hYpNoS, you are the hottest woman on RomU <3 you sexy thing!!

13. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

my response to this thread:

>implying that gender is actually significant in terms of gaming

Seriously, wat. Plenty of girls game. Some of them are bound to emulate. Some of them are likely to come here. Unsurprising, really. I mean, I find a chick who can game as attractive as the next nerd (despite my being face-meltingly awesome), but is that even relevant? Was there a point? It's like asking if there are any Jews here. I don't buy any of this "puts social responsibilities first" bullshit either. Guys game because they want to. Girls do the same. We're not wired that much differently that you can generalise the discrepancy in percentages with some pseudo-intellectual crap. I game heavily, one of my friends doesn't. One of my sisters is a gamer, the other is not. That's essentially the same thing in that priorities are personal, not some general thing that can be slapped onto a gender.

Called game specialization. Guys do it too. And I know that Natalie could tear me a new asshole in basically any game that isn't Pokemon.

tl;dr there are plenty of girls here, big fucking deal, you'll likely never get anything from them either.

Visiting Void, lemmayoshi and Kat (who, coincidentally, is a girl) over Christmas. I'm not one of those curious dudes, but just gonna throw this out there. They're my bros, bro. We're going to bro it up in Ameribro.

Gonna have to disagree, Reider is much hotter.

14. sylky0604

sylky0604 Well-Known Member

@ Suis: Yes, Reider is the hottest person on RomU... but the hottest woman on RomU is hYpNoS, he is such a sexy woman

15. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

How to put it hmm...casual play for the not-so-interesting-games
    hardcore for interesting titles:)
    A gamer can be a girl or not,
    sexy or hot,
    Games, something you just can't stop,
    Any games just give a shot...

LOL, I say bring on the games and your lives will never be the same:)

16. ADMSeraphes

ADMSeraphes Well-Known Member

There shall always be at least a girl standing in the gamer's crowd. That I decree.

17. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

what if your gay? doesnt that technically make you female...on the inside? :D

18. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

I believe I've seen this topic quite well.. ::)

19. luvelias

luvelias Well-Known Member

Oh please. There's always time for video games. I collect systems and games so there will never be a time when I don't play. I also Lol'ed at the sexism in that statement. Cause you know.. all we girls do is house work and makeup right?

Hah.

20. MissMarlo

MissMarlo Well-Known Member