1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is the NDS worth getting?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by addku2003, Sep 10, 2007.

1. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

AGREED SERIOUSLY

2. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i don't even know why do you ask that... the only difference between the original psp and the newer slim and lite is the new one can be connected to tv... that's the greatest difference between them... i would only ask that if i didn't have the original psp... as you do, i obviously recommend getting a nds + r4ds... if you don't know where to get a r4ds, then google it... there are other flashcarts, like m3 or cycloDS evolution... but it's your choice now...

3. addku2003

addku2003 Well-Known Member

Well, I may aswel ask if the GBA roms are touchscreen too, maybe nds allowed touch on it, who knows. Great to know all about the consoles I 'might' be getting.
    and, I read alot about them. but see, the nds isn't 'all' that great. It would cost more than the psp slim with the R4DS, and won't have many games that I would enjoy... except maybe Metroid and Zelda. and the PSP has lots of homebrew capabilities that allow PSone games, and pretty much all the rest of the older consoles on it. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but can't NDS JUST play the NDS games, and GBA? Not Nintendo, Super Nintendo, or N64? And with the new Slim edition of the PSP, it hopefully will allow more N64 games to run smoothly.. due to it's increase of RAM slottage.
    So that part weighs heavily for the psp. And yes, I would like to play the psp on my big screen, is there any problem with that?

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well NDS is worth getting for a long term if you consider to get R4 and MicroSD....but dont get your high up....most of the game in NDS are for kids, that mean they will have mild cartoon voilent, silly game play and mario....lots of mario theme game....

NDS dont really have much teen base game that PSP offer...like Metal Gear....or Silent Hill.....you know what i mean....

but NDS do have game that is fun to play.....which may keep you busy for couple fo hours....

5. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

ok, but you already have a psp, would you buy a nds or a psp?? it's a stupid question, it's like if you already have a ps2 and you buy the newer one just because it's smaller and lighter...

6. rollakid

rollakid Member

Ya agreed. But then again i am not a kid, nor am i a teen. I'm an adult already (and i believe lots of others here too) and my serious gaming days are over. Now i play games just to relax and unwind myself, and DS got all of those, games that let me relax while i play with it, and somehow it doesn't make you feel frustrated when you lose or anything, and its addictive.

And seriously its more effective at attracting chicks(compare to psp, at where i live) ::) but then it attract other guys as well :-\

7. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

but then again, if you already have a psp, why would you buy the new one?? why would you do it?? i don't get your point... if you want a new portable console, and you already have a psp, then onto the nds!!!...

8. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

my fault for not reading the TC post >.>

o.k NDS is worth getting if only if you are getting R4DS with a microSD card (or similar devices)

else, dont borther....NDS dont have much game that worth to get original.....I have my NDS for almost a year, and i only have 2 original game which is Pokemon and Megaman....the rest i'm just download, play, delete...nothing more.

rollakid, i'm 23 and i'm still into Gamming....even though i dont have the gaming stamina that i had during my teen....

9. SparksDS

SparksDS Member

The NDS is definitely worth getting. I don't have an R4 or M3, but I have a G6 and it works nicely. But to get DS games running on it you will need the Passcard 3. It has lots of great games on it.

10. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

The DS is a great system. I love both it and my PSP. :D

11. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i don't know what's your great doubt...

12. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

i think nds is better than psp

13. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

so do i...

14. gam3r

gam3r Guest

Nintendo DS for sure!!!
    i think that the ds is WAY better than the psp (i have both)
    the ds has great games that are innovative and a barrel o' fun ;D

15. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

you can't decide which is better or worse, they appeal to different kinds of gaming experience... nds is just fun play, while the psp invests more on the games' realism...

16. Sugiarto

Sugiarto Member

If u have ps2 get a ds lite,because psp is no more than a ps2 changed into portable system

17. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

it's not just like that... some part of it is true, but the ps2 is far more powerful and faster than the psp... and those are the main aspects... like, the fps's suck on the psp... you have to use the /\ , [], o and x buttons to aim at the enemies... and the psp's screen is very small, while you can change the screen's size on the ps2... and more, but i'm not going to say them all...

18. chibibaka

chibibaka Member

Neither psp nor ds is better o_o.

Psp's are great for homebrew and emulation(such as GBA,SNES, PS1, N64, SMS, etc.) and homebrew apps (I don't use them much so i dunno lol)

DS are great for the selection of games for it especially the wifi games.

19. xenon

xenon New Member

Of course GBA games are not using DS-only features like the touch screen, but with ~2500 GBA games and ~1500 DS games available as of today, you can't really go wrong. No need to bash the PSP, but the DS is an excellent gaming platform right now, and it will be for years.

20. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Honestly i love my ds, for its great games and intuitive controls like in legend of Zelda phantom hourglass. But i'm kinda getting sick of its lack luster graphics