1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is Minecraft becoming boring?

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by georgebourge, Oct 5, 2016.

?

Minecraft alone or with others?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2016.
  1. Alone

100.0%
  2. Others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. georgebourge

georgebourge Member

So I've been playing Minecraft for about 1 year (started late), but I feel like I'm doing the same things over and over again. Because there's no missions or tasks, I just sort of wander around and do random things... has anyone else become bored with the game? I've never played online with other people on a server, so I don't know if that would make it better... Thoughts?

2. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

I'm not an avid Minecraft player. I quickly got bored with it after playing the demo/light version twice.

3. georgebourge

georgebourge Member

Yeah it can be hard to get really into, for me anyway. I'm really wondering how different it would be on a server. Did you try that too?

4. NintyRaccoon

I thought the demo only permitted an offline single player game, so I haven't tried. But I wouldn't anyway. I've watched some of the Minecraft multiplayer LP:s - playing like this wasn't my thing.

5. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

It was boring 3 years ago. I can't imagine ever playing it again.

6. georgebourge

georgebourge Member

Ha, it's funny, I always from people about how much more fun it is with an online community. Think there is something cool to the idea of creating a world with others, like Inception or something :p
    I did a bit of a search and looks like setting one up isn't so hard... I'll either create my own or join someone else's server, let's see how that goes.

What PC game do most people play, if not Minecraft?

7. NintyRaccoon

I enjoy playing a LAN-game with people I know in real life, because I know how they would react.

If it's more fun with an online community... It depends on who you play with of course. The idea of a shared virtual world is fun in theory, no matter which game, as long as everyone has same conditions, values and agree to behave according to a set of rules.

Let me put it this way, if you find leafy's videos extremely annoying, and you play on a server where (several) people are the exact opposite of you (by acting more or less like leafy) - will you be able to enjoy playing with them?

As for your next question, it depends on the taste. I enjoy playing retro games, that's why I keep emulation close to my heart and visit this forum. I also recently played AM2R, the remake of Metroid II for PC.

Anyway, good luck!

8. georgebourge

georgebourge Member

sounds fair :) Kind of fun to play with new people though, who have styles you don't expect :D