1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is it possible to create a 3DS emulator ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Jhon 591, Mar 22, 2011.

1. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

ps3 emulator i think you'd need one badass pc to emulate with a massive harddrive

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

As stated above, there are currently no PCs powerful enough.

3. hirokaski

im aware of that loonylion i didnt see the post i speed read and must of missed it

4. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Lol if you are aware of that, it just makes your first post totally invalid.

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Even after all of these years, N64 emulation is still generally pretty shitty.

6. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

n64 emulation is actually decent. Project64 runs fantastic, and in most cases is a lot easier to play on than an actual n64 console. [perhaps because of the poor controller design.] I've never had an issue with n64 games on that emulator.

as for ps3 emulation... lol 8 cell processors. goooooood luck emulating that.

3DS emulation. Untill the exact information of that PICA200 GPU is really figured out beyond just the basic capabilities list, it will be a while before even basic emulation is achived. If I am not mistaken the thing can perform geoshading. So a reletively badass computer may be needed to emulate it. lol. [I would guess a new NVidia with tessalation.] And at that point unless your a hardcore PC gamer, then your better off just buying the console and the games.

7. hirokaski

then again n64 emulation depends on what pc you have it on if it has a good processor and hard drive it will run fine u just need to tweak the settings

but the 3ds emulator i dont see happening i think ppl should just buy a second hand console now the price is lower ud be mental not to

the vita is a waste of time and money

8. Loonylion

That is YOUR OPINION. Not a fact. Not everyone will agree with you. In my case the 3ds is a waste of time and money because I'm incapable of seeing 3d.

9. hirokaski

it is possible its just some are used to it when others arent really besides the vita is just for the morons that want to play that gay call of duty where all they do is sit in one area and bitch when they get killed by a player that actually does somethign that waste bandwith by doing sweet bugger all

10. LuckyTrouble77

You are fucking stupid. There are no other ways to describe your line of thinking. You should probably avoid threads with the word "Vita" in the title and where the topic is brought up if you don't want to be flamed horribly (probably by me, but regardless).

Loony also can not see 3D images. There is no getting used to it for him. He can't view them. Many other people can't, too. 3D is a rather selective trend in the long run.

Now, all of the different ways you are wrong about the Vita:

- There isn't even a CoD announced for it, yet. Herp derp of the year goes to you.

- There are many types of games coming for the Vita. From Resistance, to LBP, to the Uncharted series going portable in an excellent way. Just about any genre you can think of will be available in the long run.

- Other people do find CoD fun. While I can happily agree it isn't a very good series, calling it "gay" is immature at best. It sounds more like you're reflecting upon your own experience as hard fact.

- The Vita will already have more features at launch than what has been announced for the 3DS to date, making it more attractive overall.

- Both systems appeal to different audiences.

As royally off topic as that was, sometimes the facts need to be put down.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

This was the only thing you had to say tbh.

12. LuckyTrouble77

Yeah, but I felt my post would have been taken worse if I didn't elaborate some. That seems a little ironic, actually, since it will just be taken terribly anyways.

13. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Same here, I get nausea and cold-sweat just by looking at people playing FPS games such as counter-strike. Even playing NDS DQ Joker makes me sick almost immediately. I can imagine what will happen if I play 3D games, my eyes certainly can't take it. If I have to choose, I will opt to buy and play Vita instead of 3DS, or stick with my NDSL. But I do hope someone in future emulate it on PC with or without the 3D feature.

14. hirokaski

all the vita is a portable ps3 which isnt really neeeded u got the ps2 tht just wont die and the ps3 thats a gd console and better than the xbox by a longshot but noticing a few things about both consoles the stole mechanics from the wii the move what does it look like ? obvious the wiimote the xbox has that kinect thats just the wii motion sensor with motion control technology tweaked enough so neither company are sued by nintendo

15. Loonylion

not that ignorant crap again. microsoft and sony stole NOTHING from nintendo, there are zero similarities between the systems. The wii uses some form of infra red system and possibly radio triangulation, the PS move uses technology that has been used in television and film studios since the 1970s at least, and kinect uses camera based motion detection. If you want to argue over the concept of motion control then nintendo stole it from sega who have been using it in arcade machines for decades.

16. hirokaski

let me guess loonylion your a fanboy of the systems?fair play but the design for the move resembles the wiimote if not for the blue anal sextoy then its just a mimic with minor changes to the design

17. Loonylion

I'm not a fanboy, I just can't abide people spewing out blatantly incorrect 'facts' about things they know nothing about.

the move controller is not mimicking the wiimote. It is quite simply a handle, which you hold, that has a coloured ball on the top, the ball being required for the system to function. if anything it resembles a child's flashlight toy, or a ball and cup (A toy that predates even television, and yes I had one as a child). Any similarity to the wiimote, of which there is very little, is purely coincidental and stems from the fact they are both held on one's hand.

18. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Not only that your language is terrible hirokaski, you are just a plain hypocrite. Your idea of people copying each other sounds like it something that is new. Games developers copy each other all the times and the same happens with hardware.

19. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

Doesn't the Kinect also use some kind of IR light too? o3o I swear it has to, because if you look at the kinect when its actively tracking you, sometimes it like gets me right in the eyes. ;-; Kinda makes them water a bit.

But yea, about all the copying crap~ There really hasn't been much of a complete innovation in a long time now, like Loony said, Sega's been doing the whole motion detection in the arcades for ages now. Nintendo just started using gyro sensors and IR rather than I think Sega had one that used like magnetics and an IR bulb or something... it was a ninja game... XD I cant remember the name.

Without copying each other, we wouldn't get this far. Because sure they are copying an Idea, but each team, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft~ they all have they're own flavor. Each took the innovation of motion control on a home console in a different direction.

Personally I like the kinect the best Since you don't need any devices, other than the kinect itself of course. But Nintendo's is most convenient. o3o Since the systems basic controller is part of it all. Just wish the Move and Kinect had some worth while games on it.

20. Loonylion

Kinect may use IR for rangefinding/and or illumination, but the system itself is actually based around a camera, rather like cctv systems.