1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is it possible to create a 3DS emulator ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Jhon 591, Mar 22, 2011.

1. slapshow

slapshow Member

possible if the new lg optimus 3d and htc evo 3d can handle it

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it will be a LONG time before a mobile phone can run a 3ds emulator.

3. MissMarlo

MissMarlo Well-Known Member

See, I think that you'd need the same sort of parallax screen technology, or a way to force its output into anaglyph/whatever the hell 3D tvs/monitors with glasses use.

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Are the NDS games are slowing down because of the new 3DS also ?, Will they come to a end soon...

5. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

PS3 is difficult to emulate

6. Loonylion

At this point PS3 cannot be emulated because its more powerful than most ultra high end PCs. As PCs become more powerful a PS3 emulator will eventually become viable.

7. Dumachum

Dumachum Member

So was Ps2, but that's because Sony likes making consoles with ass backwards processing mechanics.

Emulating a Sony console is like having to paint every inch of a mile long piece of string. An easy sounding task at first until you find out that it's twisted up into a huge ball and have to straighten it all out first.

8. Loonylion

sony machines are not backward, they are just complex. The same applies to the sega saturn and countless other consoles through history.

9. osamahatem

osamahatem Guest

Nothing is impossible. Also, i don't know why, i feel that Nintendo's consoles are the easiest to hack and emulate. I think it's just a matter of time, nothing more, for the 3DS to be emulated AND for its roms to be dumped and available for downloads and play on flashcarts on the 3DS. Just a matter of time i think.

10. sonicfanboy

sonicfanboy Well-Known Member

yeah but the only Sony console that is well emulated is PS1 i mean even PS2 isn't that well emulated

11. Loonylion

PS2 is actually fairly good now if you have a decent PC.

12. osamahatem

osamahatem Guest

and the PSP will be emulated after some time i think.

13. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Moral of the story? Just torrent pc games.

14. filipmolnar

filipmolnar New Member

i think its possible but it needs a really strong hardware

15. osamahatem

osamahatem Guest

...and a special screen or 3D glasses.

16. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

DS emulation was a bitch to do, and even now we still don't have a emulator that runs at 100%. Desume is the most powerful emulator, but it requires a damn good computer to run.

So yah, 3ds emulation will take a LONG time.

17. osamahatem

osamahatem Guest

Who said that we don't have a DS emulator that runs at 100% and that it needs a "damn good computer" to run?
    I can run all DS games at 100% using NO$GBA 2.6a on my computer and it's not powerful.(Every single game i've tried except "Advance Wars: Days of Ruin or Dark Conflict in EU, which runs at about 70%"

18. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Kind a like GameCube emulation? It is hard also too

19. Loonylion

not really. The computing power to emulate gamecube is available, the problem is the emulators are not sufficiently developed yet.

20. Reme

Reme Well-Known Member

im pretty sure im the type of person who cant see 3d anyway since the 3DS to me looks like a portable nintendo 64...or maybe MAYBE gamecube graphics wise