1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is it possible t oput a DLC into a modded xbox 360 without having to go on live?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by phscarface, Jan 17, 2011.

1. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

Hello there comrades, I'm thinking to buy a Xbox 360 with jasper board, that I heard that isn't so bad with 3RL.
    So I wanna get it just cause exclusive games that I cannot play on my PC, such as Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake and thing.

But there's some games that I have on PC, Resident Evil 5 for example, that the DLC is only available on consoles.
    So I wanna get The Lost In Nightmares and the other one (which I forgot the name lol) into the 360's HD and play offline as well.
    Here have shops that sell burned DVDs of the games and thing.
    But I never payed attention if they sell DLCs, I gonna go to downtown this saturday if possible. And if it's possible I wanna buy a modded xbox cause prices are high here.
    So, is it possible to just get the DLC archive, from a DVD or a pen drive and copy and paste into Xbox's HD?

I'm sorry, I've just played on an Original Xbox of a friend of mine and can't know if this is possible.

Anything to help, I already thank you for your time helping me =)

2. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Undead nightmare was released seperate as a stand alone disk so you should have no trouble getting that.

3. phscarface

Hmm thanks pal =)

Do you people know anything if I can do the same with Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition?
    I wanna get the “Lost in Nightmares” and “Desperate Escape”

And also I hear that Alan Wake has some DLCs, as Dead Rising 2, and so on.

Are they possible to get without having the trouble to need to go online?

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

If you look on any good torrenting site, there's plenty of DLC Addon packs available.
    Meaning, if it's available, there must be a way to put it on your console.

So yes, it's possible, but they might not have the DLC you're looking for.

5. lewis9191

I don't know but just today I got my flashed xbox and is enjoying some offline games, I would figure it would be possible to dl then extract to hard drive but I don't know.
    Good things there is goty editions and stuff so I don't have to worry.

If res5 golden edition included the dlc then yes it would work the same as the original like running it on a disc.

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you have to use FTP to put them in the right location, because much like the PS3, you can't simply add the DLC from a USB using their OS.

7. phscarface

I've heard that those who play downloaded from torrent games, they have a thing called "jtagged xbox 360", I've heard that it's a hardware modification that is pretty hard and not all support this, mainly the newers, just the old such as falcon and bellow versions, which I won't get in no way cause I've seen that they're easier to get 3RL and here is not a cold enviroment lol.
    Besides Jtag is there other means? which make available run games from HD, also install a DLC that is downloadable only, that don't com in a disk, to install it and not need gamertag and thing?

Just to confirm, cause the more I know from you guys, better for me when I'll buy it.

8. lewis9191

I don't think there is any other method to run games from hard drive you can flash your xbox which is cheap and effective and you can go online and dl dlc as long as you don't play it online you should be fine (I think).

Even if you touch online with a j-tag you will be found out in easily less then 5 hours

9. phscarface

Yes I hear about it today, but I have no intention on getting online at all, that's what I want, avoid all cost going online, that's why I asked if there's a way to play downloaded dlc from torrent for example, or even burned in a disk and play offline, as far as I know the jtag you can do it, but is difficult to perform and not available on jasper's kernel.
    I also hear about a thing, interesting btw...
    About a Ixtreme 1.6.1
    But I dunno if with it I coulda play the DLCs...
    I hear that it's an update cause the M$ have bloqued the newest games to be played on Ixtreme 1.51 and 1.6, now need to have 1.6.1
    And the 1.6.1 isn't available on some drives, such as Lite On, Hitashi and Samsung can be used to have 1.6.1.
    That I found on a forum from here.