1. This forum is in read-only mode.

is it allright to play final fantasy tactic a2 even though i havent played any FFT games?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by mcr619619, Sep 25, 2012.

1. mcr619619

mcr619619 Active Member

Can I play FFTA2, even though i havent played any FFT games before?
    Storywise?
    is there to many referencing about older game in the series?
    would i be spoiled, or would it take something away when i play the older games in the future?

i can only play my DS now, my brother's PSP is very available to me, but its PSP battery life isnt very good, 2 hours max.. im really not gonna be in my house for some quite time, so my DS which is only 1 1/2 year old, still has 11+ hours of battery life, is my prefer gaming system now.. my PC is , you know, for PC games lol..

2. grimreaper26

grimreaper26 Well-Known Member

yes.

FFT on the ps1/psp (war of the lions) has a different timeline/universe/plot altogether even if it is still in Ivalice. you're also not missing out a lot story-wise by not playing FFTA, but there is a connection between FFTA and FFTA2

3. mcr619619

mcr619619 Active Member

thanks grim...

i still need more opinion

4. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

The story revolves on another character so it is a yes.

It has some very minor connection and I don't want to spoil the tiniest detail. You can say FFT A2 is the aftermath of what happened from the first. You don't need to know the whole story of FFTA to play through because you will be filled with details when you play the sequel.