1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is Death Part Of Life? Do We Reborn physicly And As Conciquence Loose Memories?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by 1Blacks1, Mar 24, 2008.

1. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

i remember saying 1 time that Death is death and Life is life and people always say that death is a part of life. but i dont believe it because if your dead you cant be alive to say how its like. so to me death is not a part of life its just a different situation.

As i have been hearing from Friends and teacher etc. that without Death there would be no living just like without a creator there is no creation. they all say that there is always an opposite reaction to everything. like gravity has its opposite reaction called Up thrust (I believe its that). they also give me the same example

"Without no Evil, there is no good"

this conversation also leads on to the question

"Do We Reborn And As A Consequence We Loose Memories?"

yet again i say that this has no relation to living but it does to death. i believe that if you die, you are Physical erased out of existence (Physical) but mentally you are still in this world but only living inside people who remember you and loved/Love you. i also believe that if you are forgotten from peoples memories that you Die mentally aswell meaning that you have been Erased out of all existence but then reborn again (Mentally) when you are remembered by someone. This means that you Reborn and live inside someone's Mind.

Now for the reborn physical.

i believe that nobody reborns physical. i believe that you live your life once and only once and when you die you die only once. i believe that life and death is a 1 time sencation.

"Do We Have a choice to be reborn again"

Now for this question. i honestly and truly i cannot even image answering. i have tryed but i just cannot think of any logical believeable (For Me) to answer

2. Penguin360

Penguin360 Well-Known Member

Re: Is Death Part Of Life? Do We Reborn physicly And As Conciquence Loose Memori

ok. that is confusing :p

ill just say that i think we are reborn physically as a different animal with no memories as a human.

Like on pokemon mystery dungeon, except you don't start a rescue team and save the world ;D

3. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

We are concious of death, as so are other animals.
    That's it. I have nothing more to say.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Re: Is Death Part Of Life? Do We Reborn physicly And As Conciquence Loose Memori

For something to be defined it has to have an opposite otherwise there is no boundary to define it by. Thus to be able to define 'good' you must also define 'bad'. There is indeed an opposite to gravity, it is electromagnetic repulsion at a subatomic level that prevents you sinking through the earth, just as gravity prevents you floating.

The question of rebirth is profound topic that has been the subject of centuries of debate. Entire religions center around the concept of the soul being reborn into a different body (e.g Buddhism). This theory has been explored many times in films and music (e.g Dream Theater's Metropolis pt.2: Scenes from a Memory) and books. Ancient civilisations revolved around this concept. Pengiun360's comment falls into this category, and is consistent with Buddhist beliefs.

Equally there is the concept of the afterlife. Present in Christianity as 'heaven' or 'hell', it is most notably known as the 'Afterlife' when considering the Ancient Egyptian civilisation. They strongly believed that there was an afterlife. to the extent of burying bodies of the deceased with things that they would find useful in the afterlife; including slaves in the case of royalty, and adorning tombs with directions and information for the deceased.

The third and final concept is that of nothing. Death is the end, the last post, the final gate. Nothing follows death.

Which of these concepts is the correct one? Are any of them correct? Who knows; certainly no-one living knows and never will, but still this is a hotly debated topic.

5. 1Blacks1

you speek about Afterlife and then you say that nothing follows death. so then how does it order?

Because to me your saying 2 things that contrast each other trying to make them mix. like trying to get oil to mix with water.

If nothing follows death then the word and meaning "Afterlife" has Physicly erased out of existance. so what you just said to me loonyloin doesnt make since.

6. Loonylion

I was illustrating three separate and conflicting concepts... Some people believe in reincarnation, others believe in an afterlife, and others believe death is the end.

7. 1Blacks1

Oh. ok ok

8. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

You spelled Physically wrong, anyways..

I believe death isn't only death, and that there is an afterlife, wheter reborn, or someplace else, There is an afterlife

But there cannot be balance with only positive, or negative alone...

9. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Heh heh....loonyloins....;D

Whether there is an afterlife or not...who's to say...

We all reincarnate in one sense, in that when we die and are buried or whatever,
    our decaying matter will be eating by worms or what have you,
    and in turn they will fertilise the soil causing growth...
    You could call it reincarnation of a sort...

Are we, however, at this moment, reincarnated humans....
    Have we lived in a past life...?
    I don't think so....

But we will live on when we die....just not as a conscious living being...

10. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

1. Yes, death is part of life. As loony said before me to define life you need to define death as well.
    2. I do believe there is an afterlife, because I believe in a just God. A just God would determine the fates of each soul based on their deeds in the afterlife, and therefore full justice will be done to mankind.
    And no, there is no scientific proof of this ...

11. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

everything that has a begining, has an end.....

12. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Not everything has an end. After the earth will end the human era, it will still exist in eternity.

Okay, i did not explain that very well but my english isn't THAT good.

13. 1Blacks1

I understand

14. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

nothing dies comply only an exsentens ends (ex our human part ends but our souls is the immortal part of us that then gos to jugment and to its final exsentens) (Christan)

15. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

so basically you are saying that every destruction has a creation and vice versa?

16. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

A circle has no end, only a beginning.
    It's fairly pointless debating whether or not there is an afterlife seeing as humans as a species find it impossible to comprehend anything outside the experiences of their senses. An example is trying to imagine a different colour, or even trying to explain a colour to a blind person, a sound to a deaf person, these aren't even great examples as we can still use our other senses as a reference point. People say that everything must have a beginning and an end, but to arrive at this conclusion everyone uses the false logic, " everything else I've seen has a beginning and an end, therefore everything must have a beginning and an end. " This would be on par with a polar bear thinking all bears in the world are white. Most polar bears probably would think this as they have nothing else to base their belief on.

17. Loonylion

I can refute a couple of your arguments quite easily. I am deaf, and I know what sound is like; I listen to music all the time, and have clearly defined tastes in what music I like; despite being so deaf I can barely hear a jet aircraft taking off next to me. Also, Polar bears are not white, their fur is actually transparent; the white is the reflection of the snow and ice. Additionally predators tend to be colourblind, as greyscale vision provides for much sharper images, and much better low light vision. Thus, they have no concept of colour.

18. gaynorvader

I think you've missed my point. Maybe polar bears was a bad example. I actually didn't know that about their fur. The polar bear thing was supposed to be a kind of metaphor I guess, it wasn't meant to be taken so lierally. You probably have partial deafness and/or be leagally deaf (you'd know better than I), I was talking about being totally deaf. I have a friend who was born with some problem in his ears and he can't hear a thing, even with a hearing aid, he says that those toothbrushes that make noise when you brush your teeth don't work for him.

19. Loonylion

I am completely deaf in one ear and mostly deaf in the other. Depending on his hearing loss (whether it is conductive or sensory-neural) your friend may still be able to hear such a toothbrush through his teeth (a technique known as bone conduction). If he has a 100% sensory-neural loss then this will not work as the damage is to his cochlear and/or auditory nerve. If we look at the following diagram:

[​IMG]

my left ear has an average loss of 117dB, meaning noises that would be painful for most people, I can just about hear. This ear has a combination of conductive and sensory-neural loss. (conductive is a problem with the eardrum/ossicles (tiny bones in the ear, more often known as the hammer, the anvil and the stirrup due to their shapes), in my case it is because I don't have any ossicles in that ear). My right ear has an average loss of 90dB, meaning I would just be able to hear the heavy truck shown on the diagram. My loss in this ear is purely sensory-neural. So yes, I'm deaf in every sense of the word, and its not partial hearing loss.

20. gaynorvader

I think I've offended you, if I have I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to make less of your deafness, I was just taking the example of my friend as a basis for my argument, I didn't reasearch the different kinds of deafness.