1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ipod touch vs. nintendo ds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joshrocks309, Oct 12, 2009.

1. doughboy

doughboy Guest

yeah, my bad i was trying to explain this...

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You're just arguing with gir, this topic is a year old, how does this still hold relevance.

That being said, the multimedia capabilities on the iPod are miles ahead of what the DS can do. If I had to choose between a multimedia device like an iPod and my DS, I'd choose my iPod.

3. doughboy

doughboy Guest

apple pies & tomatoe dumplings, later...

4. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Soooo .... Who bumped this?

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

srive.

iPod Touch FTW. And no I do not care if you say it is crappy Loony. It's a personal opinion.

Games: Nintendo has Mario...but Apple has all!
    Graphics: Nintendo sux badly.
    Gameplay: Touchscreen can be harder depending on the game. But it is more fun :D
    Strength: iPod FTW (DS doesn't even have a decent browser!)
    Downloadable Content: iPod FTW (Nintendo = Expensive)

6. doughboy

doughboy Guest

complete touchscreen is not as swell as it sounds....
    for someone who has a Yoshi picture, you sure do criticize Nintendo allot.
    you should have a picture of Steve Jobs instead of Yoshi XD
    ok, lets agree that these are not two things you can compare.
    ds is mostly aimed for teens and it is 90% gaming .
    now a psp and touch...that could be debatable.

7. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

...The ipod touch isn't a games console, it just has the ability to play games. So far all i hear is that the ipods graphics is better, it may have better graphics but most games are short and probably will only last for a few hours or minutes. So far the only long games that i know on the ipod is

Angry Birds (seems short but every level gets harder)
    Infinity Blade(Not really long but pulls you in to play more)
    Pocket Heroes
    Zenonia 1 and 2
    Eternal Legacy
    Dungeon Hunter 1 and 2

EDIT: It's the developers of the games job to make it compatible to the system, not the developers of the OS of the ipod.

8. srive

srive Member

I don't know, DS games.....
    hmmmmmm meh
    If you want to play games go play a PSP and DS is aimed at younger kids rather than teens.
    You can go to a normal high school, middle school and I would be surprised if half of the students still "love" their DS.
    Most teens have IPODS now, most teens play DOTA now, most teens play COD now (COD with better graphics and easier controls, not on DS)
    In my opinion, DS has a lot of features but it's features are easily beaten with other consoles or gadgets (except it has all the features put into one, but it isn't that great as one)
    GAMES: PSP OWNS/
    CAMERA: IPOD/IPHONE preferred
    MUSIC: IPOD duh?
    what else does ds have? i can't remember

9. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

whats DOTA?

10. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

which one is better? its simple, the DS is better. Even though these two cant be compared. it should be NDS vs PSP. Or Ipod vs Zune. because the ipod touch is not a game console. it has games, true but it is NOT a game console. i have a blackberry with lots of games on it. but that doesnt make it a game console.

11. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Bullshit. The DS wouldn't be half as successful as it is if this were true.

12. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

QFT, and besides. ipod touch has too much shovelware. NDS is more focused on serious RPG gamers since there are many games of this genre out. and usually rpg games are focused for teen players

13. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Not really the case here. Sure there are alot of RPGs floating around but I doubt Nintendo is focusing on them over other genres.

What should be said is that the NDS is focusing MORE on building on existing IPs through sequels and remakes. The top selling game on DS ever is NSMB, riding a wave of nostalgia as people who played the original, 3, or SMW - once children, now adults - are cumming in their pants at Mario going old school. Add to that Pokemon, Mario Kart DS, LOZ, Super Mario 64 DS, etc etc etc. Nintendo's focus is more broad than just "serious RPG gamers".

Note that i'm saying MORE focus. I imagine the goal of Nintendo would be to appeal to the largest denomination possible. Casual or Hardcore, it's all just money to them.

14. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

15. doughboy

doughboy Guest

Defense of the Ancients
    use google...it's like WoW...i swear to god if you say whats WOW "I will find you, and I will kill you" XD

16. srive

srive Member

LOL i'm sorry. teens.......
    more like from 13-14
    thats that age for DS when aimed at teens
    after 14 bleh, a majority of teens would spend half their days playing better games with better consoles.
    to be fair DS has to be, the not so great consoles selling out there
    if you want to play games like a gamer, go get a PSP or PS3 (there are way better RPG games on them)
    if you like the touch screen so much, go buy a WII or IPOD which are WAYYY more fun (and definitely more useful)
    honestly i can't see any feature that the DS has that is better than any other console, well i can't think of one

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

u shure bout that bro?

It isn't about the specs of the system, it's about the games. The DS has them and far outnumbers the amount of RPGs on the system compared to both the PS3 and PSP combined. While the PS3 and PSP are good systems in their own right and the PS3 is getting better and better every year, the DS just has such a large and vast library of good games. That and as Devon said previously, the DS is like the nostalgia gravy train with the Nintendo exclusives and it looks like the 3DS will be the same.

Also I can't think of a better RPG on either the PSP or PS3 than DQIX, true story. I don't even like RPGs to begin with, strangely enough.

Minus not understanding half of your post, I think I got the bases covered.

18. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Defence of the Ancients. Some mod for Warcraft III or something.

19. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Must you do this? MUST you do this?

20. srive

srive Member

I DON"T KNOW MAN!
    its the subject "IPOD TOUCH V.S NDS"
    its effin based on our opinions, which this is mine alright