1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ipod touch vs. nintendo ds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joshrocks309, Oct 12, 2009.

1. joshrocks309

joshrocks309 Well-Known Member

i mean that every movie that you put into dpg stinks...none of the videos words follow the actual video

2. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

OK, now I know what you mean. In my case, this only happens if I convert the whole movie as one dpg file and then "rewind" or "fastforward". If you can cut it up yourself into 10 minute segments, or get it from youtube which I believe is max 9 mins, then you should have no problems. Give it a try and don't do a lot of rewind and fastforward.
    I have a lot of music videos, which is probably not more than 5 minutes and words do match their mouths.
    I downloaded the complete TV series "Third Watch", 6 seasons from youtube and watched at my own leisure because you never know if they will take it down. They are only selling season 2 now and it would take forever before season 6 will be released.

3. lilblkridinhood

lilblkridinhood Well-Known Member

umm one thought get the itouch steal the DS from your bro ;) everyones happy (except your brother)

4. orange281

orange281 Well-Known Member

I have both but i only use my ds for games.
    Just use the i-touch for movies and music and keep the ds. You know how if you throw something out (or give it away) you always want it back about a week later? Well, that's pretty much guaranteed to happen if you give the ds to your neighbour...
    Just keep the ds.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Bah-the ds was never meant for movie play back.

Or music-unless you have a dsi ;D

joshrocks309-You've already made up your mind it seems...

Correct.

Don't buy rpgs.

I play racing games or quick fire games like "metal slug 7" as they just give a quick, insane gaming rush.

Infact-what you need to consider is not beating games in such a short time (like the ipod touch games) but rather enjoying them while you can.

I guess I'm saying is to be a casual player-they don't devote thier lives to beating a game-no they have lives-and thus 1 good game or 2 could last a year if it's enjoyable.

Freash experiences everytime-try wario ware, raving rabits, tetris even.

RPG games are probably not suitable in your case if your busy...

Though I must say-we are in different cases-when I was at your schooling level I was able to beat pokemon sapphire, get all legendary pokes, trade them off WHILE in class-I chose the right times to whip out my gba XD

Oh-and of course movies and music are gona suck on ds with flash cards...

I had a gbaMP (like an old gba flash cart but only nes roms work) which I got for music...

In the end-I got a hack that disabled music for better nes rom usage (it was limited in rom size...now all nes roms work).

This is when I got an ipod for the first time.

I seen the games-both for the classic and the touch models...

If your willing to pay for them-waste of money on that dam itunes thing.

If not-waste of download :p

The touch is fun for the odd blast-but for some proper gaming (doesn't have to be hour long sessions-even 5 mins) it's the ds.

(..rule out the psp-the battery isn't long enough to last in ethier function)

No offence but you did ask-and most of us came here originally for ds roms XD

We are being honest (I smell a debate happening...where is Nat when you need her? )

6. ML3rpg

ML3rpg Active Member

I have both and the itouch gets fun when you jailbreak it. So its your choice. Also itouch has better graphics than the ds

7. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

do you know if theres anyway to play Resident evil Degeneration on DS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-i5xYMY6bw
    I know theres a crappier version on mobile phones as well as N-Gadge

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

None that I know of.

If your thinking of emulating that mobile game pon ds, it's too weak...

While the graphics might work on a ds-it'll need a power boost to even start.

One example-emulating dreamcast on a psp.

IT"S POSSIBLE but it's got a rather small margin-it'll never be able to run full speed.

Least not on current models.

So answer is no-you might need to get a mobile to play :(

Obviously.

But I play gor gameplay-not graphics-sure the psp I own has better graphics...but the ds is more fun to play.

9. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

so your saying theres a way to play mobile games on DS? I was thinking if there was a way to make the mobile games to play on PC then use it as a PC emulator on DS with one of the PC Emulators but I'm not sure if there is a way to play mobile games on ds, is there?

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'm saying that it's VERY difficult.

The ds can't even do psx-and on it's own it can't do gba...that's how weak the ds is :(

If it was converted somehow (or a fan port) prehaps...

There might be a pc emulator...no idea if one exsist since everyone has a phone-rendering the point of having one pointless.

I'l stick to mame for now :)

11. finalitycarrot

finalitycarrot New Member

It seems to me that OP has basically made up his mind.

Why not just go for the iTouch if you're so convinced it's better than the DS?

12. BioWarfare

BioWarfare Active Member

In my opinion the only good game on the iPod Touch is CroMag Rally. The rest are very mediocre and will never feel the same as playing on a real gaming system. But it is your choice if you want a jack of all trades or an excellent portable gaming system.

13. blazergame

blazergame Well-Known Member

Its good I guess. If you gave up on gaming then you should give up on nds for the ipod touch.

14. lenardo2

lenardo2 Active Member

how about buy a touch and DON'T give your ds away? XD

15. BioWarfare

BioWarfare Active Member

Agreed.

16. ralph1998

ralph1998 Guest

ds is the best it has way more game it is fun and you can play against your friend

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It has more games but the psp can play with friends as well.

18. markie

markie Well-Known Member

Dont give your DS away for an iPod.
    Only if you think youre sure never wanna play with your DS again..

19. MangaRx

MangaRx Well-Known Member

if you know not to overuse either of them and play both, pure bliss will be yours....

20. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

I am extremely happy with my DS with what it can do, and I don't have to spend anymore money on music or games. Don't think I will ever buy an ipod, mp3, etc. It's the convenience of the machine rather than the quality. Who cares if graphics, sound, etc is not the best. It's not like I plopped a thousand dollars on a machine, that's what home stereo system is for.