1. This forum is in read-only mode.

In the middle of "Trying" To hack my PSP...Help please?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tomoka, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

Turns out the Pandora battery was defective. :( PSP WILL NOT recognize it. :(

I've hence worked out my bugs with PayPal, And have ordered 5 from dealextreme.com hoping at least 1 will work. :D

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Sweet?

I read on some post that said you can't have the AC adapter in when flashing?

That's a dumb statement to say the least. You NEED the AC adapter plugged in at all times. If the battery cuts out, then you're screwed.

I flash PSPs all the time with an AC adapter. The Jigkick battery won't last forever you know...

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

Based on what i've read, it won't boot into recovery mode if it's plugged in....But it's worth a shot I guess. :p

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Um. It will. I only hack PSPs with the AC adapter in. Maybe for some people it doesn't, but for me it does every time. :p

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I'll try it then. :p

But instead of trying to boot into recovery with it plugged in, i'll boot, then plug it in. :p

6. pinkypatwik143

pinkypatwik143 Well-Known Member

if your firmware is anywhere above 5.03, you must downgrade. pandora battery does not work on psp3000 and up.

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

It's a PSP 2001 with a TA-085 Motherboard....

8. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I hate to bump this old topic, But I just got my Pandora batteries from DealExtreme, waited a lil over a month for shipping, and now that I go to hack it, I find one of the links in my quote from my other topic, which I cannot find, is dead. :(

The following link from the first post is dead: http://www.mediafire.com/?ybnmdywou2n

Can anyone tell me what it was, or where I can get it?

9. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Einstein,my guess would be "GenD-3"

LOL

10. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

Hoping your right...Getting it now.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

There's a 6.35 CFW now. - http://www.qj.net/qjnet/psp/liquidzigongs-psp-custom-firmware-635-pro-a-released.html

I'm not using it as I'm satisfied with 5.50 for now. May test it later though.

12. pinkypatwik143

pinkypatwik143 Well-Known Member

the best hack for now is GEN D3. Pandora Battery hacks your psp to m33. there is a way to switch m33 to gen, just google it

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Or you can just put the 550.PBP file on the root of your memstick, put the update folder in the Game folder, run the installer, and have GEN-D3.

14. doughboy

doughboy Guest

Re: In the middle of \"Trying\" To hack my PSP...Help please?

could happen, but it may not install pops, to play psx games...

@Ryan P
    try this: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=52896.0
    Post Merge: [time]1297565395[/time]
    since it's a 2001, what does it look like? cause that may save you allot of time.

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You don't need the POPS plugin as it already comes with it. I can play PSX games and I never have put any pops loaders on my PSP.