1. This forum is in read-only mode.

important and urgent information

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Loonylion, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately there has been a disaster. The staff at our current datacentre did not bow sufficiently low upon Patton entering the building and so he has taken offense and we have to move to a datacentre with better trained staff. The move is happening sometime tonight, and will involve a change of IPs. While this doesnt mean you have to do anything, it does mean that the site may be inaccessible for a few hours at most until the DNS updates. (RFCs say 72 hours maximum, in practice the maximum is more like 24-48 and in 90% of cases its 4 hours or less).

This is a wholy internal decision made by ourselves and our hosting company (Patton), so please do not firebomb the ESA building because they have nothing to do with it. We also would appreciate it if you refrain from rioting, as the global economic downturn has put severe pressure on police forces in most countries.

If you must be violent, GTAIII will run on most computers and the realgta mod is awesome.

We shall be back. (no, not you, Arnie)

2. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Good luck Loony

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I thought it was something to do with a shutdown at first. ::)

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Ah, okay GTA.

Wait, when will this start?

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Tomorrow for my timezone I guess. And "today" for European users.

6. Loonylion

tonight californian time.

7. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Best wishes with the server switch. I had some minor fun installing(after uninstalling) a new SMF template. Fun times :/

Hope all runs well with your new server, and the 'VSAT god' is sufficiently pleased.

8. Loonylion

we're not switching servers, we're moving the servers we have so hopefully it should be pretty straighforward.

9. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

oh your just moving the servers, okay. LOL, at first I thought that this site was about to shut down or something XD

10. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Never jinx yourself by saying anything should be straightforward.
    Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. But then again, I know you tend to be prepared before you do anything anyways.
    But here's hoping the downtime pays off with a better data management team.

11. Loonylion

This is now over and the move was carried out successfully

12. Patton

Patton Guest

Bam! We kicked ass!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.