1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Immigration in the UK

Discussion in 'Rants' started by cjdogger, Aug 28, 2008.

1. monter

monter Guest

why dont we just blow up africa problem solved !

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

umm that wouldn't solve the problem since the immigrants aren't from africa?

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You're probably thinking that, since there's quite a few blacks, but that was because their ancestors were probably slaves. I heard that most of the people in England are illegal immigrants.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Blowing up parts of the world won't solve anything (though Blowing up The United States of America is a good idea). What we should have is a system of regulation & control. As the saying goes, everything in moderation is good, & everything in excess is, well bad.

5. ricky_

ricky_ Well-Known Member

What?

You go on to say that blowing up parts of the world won't solve anything, but then you say blowing up the USA is a good idea. Please tell me why. If it doesn't solve anything, then you clearly have no objectives in thinking it's a good idea, other than the malicious intent to see people die.

So please, enlighten us. Being from the USA, this would be very, very interesting to hear.

6. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

And I'm the one that gets called the racist!

Also that blow up america quote is real mature.

Anyways, i had no idea the UK had such a problem with immigration as well, we're just flooded with this media intake of "MEXICANS CROSSING BORDER HOLY FUCK MAN THE BORDERS HICKS!"

7. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Oh geez, BAWWWING over immigration?

Just because immigrants come into your country and "take your jobs", you hate immigration? Pathetic!

Immigrants are being hired over British people? Perhaps because those immigrants that applied for those jobs are actually MORE SKILLED than British people?

Get used to it. It's called COMPETITION! If you can't compete, don't bother playing the job market game.

The United States here faces a similar problem too with immigration: Indian/Asian people with naturalized citizenship getting high-tech jobs, and Mexicans coming into our country ILLEGALLY. But seeing how I have a full-time engineering job, I don't mind at all. Hell, I even had a hard time finding a job myself, but I was persistent enough to keep trying!

8. phishfood

phishfood Member

I laughed at that. You're exaggeratting right? Because if you're not its very easy to say such things living in your house downloading ROMS and having a generally easy time compared to those in worse off circumstances. Though I'm not a religeous person myself but there are people who are persecuted for what they believe in or that they just happen to have the wrong skin color in the wrong part of the world.

So before screaming "THEY-TOOK-OUUUUR-JEEEOORBS!!" You should know that not all immigrants come to the UK to get free stuff, there are those who just want to live without being discriminated.

9. Loonylion

They're not more skilled, they accept less pay. When 85% of a country's jobs are going to foreign immigrants, something is wrong. When a country's population is growing by several million a year more than it should, something is wrong. . If you pulled your head out of your arse long enough to read the thread you'd know that we aren't against immigration when it is controlled, which it is not in the UK. Naturalised citizens are fine, most of the immigrants here are not and have no intention of becoming naturalised.

Also the US has loads of space for immigrants, the UK does not.

10. ricky_

ricky_ Well-Known Member

That's pretty much how it is here, too. Immigrants jump the border from Mexico, and accept lower pay. The only issues is that they tend to go into the bigger cities, essentially taking the jobs that others would've had. On top of that, any money they get they generally send right back to Mexico to help their families there. While the US has loads of space, you gotta realize that most of this space is extremely rural, where jobs don't exist. The immigrants (illegal, not, or people who just abuse work visas) all gravitate to the bigger cities. I don't know the exact numbers of foreigners in US jobs, but I know that in certain cities (Chicago, for instance), it feels like it's immigrant employees.

And you know what? So be it. If your job can be replaced that quickly by non-skilled workers, then so be it. I hate to say it, and I might regret thinking it, but honestly, that's just the way the cards fell. Use that time, like many others, to get a skilled job or go back to school for re-education.

11. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Perhaps not, but if I were a manager of a company and I got two employees who have the same skill set, but one of them is an immigrant that had to travel 100 miles to get to my company and the other is a common citizen, I'd hire the immigrant over the common citizen. Reason being is that the immigrant shows MORE DETERMINATION to not only get the job, but to get things accomplished as well.

And to add on to Ricky's point: not only should you just get a re-education, but for those starting college, make sure you are not picking a common field of study that many people choose because it's "easy". That's the majority of the country's mistake, which is why there are less jobs available to them.

12. Loonylion

in this country the immigrant gets hired because if they don't they sue for discrimination, and there's no acceptable defence for that.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

@ricky_: It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. That's why I said/wrote that in parentheses, can't you take some light humor ;)

@phishfood: Well if our country's leaders just made good decisions & cared more on the populace's needs than just filling their pockets full of money that rightfully belongs to the people. Then maybe, this rise of overseas Filipino Contract workers may have been lessened. They just leave the country because there aren't any good paying jobs here. There are however abroad & it's not just because of the "expertise" excuse.. err, reason. Companies abroad hire foreigners because they take jobs at a pay lower than what they can offer the native people of said country.

And I stand by my words, though I'm sick of this piss ant country of ours with it's problems & all, I'd rather die hungry than leave my homeland & loved ones because THIS Hellish place is my home, I grew up here, I was awakened to the harsh realities of life here AND I intend to die here (AND continue Dissing on it ) 8)

(well trips abroad may be something I long for, but still.. Oh & me writing on parenthesis should be read outside my initial statements. Things written here are just after thoughts :D )

14. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

The main thing people hate is mass immigration. The people who get jobs are sick of immigrants who don't want to work and expect them to pay for the immigrants through taxes. The people who can't get jobs are sick of immigrants taking them and immigrants getting treated better because of the race/discrimination card they have. If there were a point system we wouldn't be complaining because things wouldn't be ridiculous!

15. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Discrimination? For what? Not hiring the immigrant when he is outperformed by another candidate?

The best defense is to focus on the individual (i.e. the immigrant) and his/her qualities and use that to show why that person wasn't hired. Your justice system must be broken and/or your attorneys are just terrible.

I'm disregarding your opinion as you have nothing to back it up with, nor can I find an official source myself that can prove your statements.

Immigrants that don't want to perform their duties at work? BULL$#!T! If that was the case, either one of these two things would happen: 1. That immigrant gets FIRED and there is nothing that poor schlub can do about it as long as the manager has that employee's records, or 2. The entire company goes down and EVERYONE in that company is out of their jobs. For the 2nd scenario, that's IF a lot of immigrants are hired and they were all just screwing around.

16. Loonylion

hypr: our government kisses immigrant's asses, so yes there's no defence. Also, cjdogger wasn't talking about immigrants not doing their jobs, he was talking about the ones that live off the state and refuse to get a job; therefore living at the taxpayer's expense

17. monter

monter Guest

Yeah well I can tell you stories of love, joy and enthusiasm and people like listening to your rants more then mine they just better.

18. phishfood

phishfood Member

I don't believe I ever commented about politicians and governments, could you have mistaken me for another user?

I still doubt you know what you are really saying. Comparatively you live in a place where you can get enough to eat and still have money left over for games and going on the internet as opposed to those who have far less.

You are also contradicting yourself, because if I lived in a place that I considered to be hellish then I would do all that could to get out of there taking my loved ones with me. Above all things I would not want to die there because no human intentionally wants to suffer and witness the suffering of their loved ones. From your statement I gather you are either a weak willed individual that would prefer to make excuses such as "this is my home, I grew up here" or you are just grasping at straws trying to backup a foolish comment you made on the spur of the moment.

19. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

Wow, such noble, patriotic, selfish, and conceited words. Truly a perfect example of the phrase
    "He who knows does not speak; He who speaks does not know"

can you really choose to starve to death? to watch your family die of starvation just because of the simple coincidence that your were born on a particular land? Are you sure your not making this notion just so that you can look good?

i agree with phishfood, your words are indeed contradicting. You say that you love your homeland, yet you complain about its situation. Your statement implies that you want change but you make no contribution. Your probably just sitting your ass comfortably in the couch and wait for it to come to you.

Reality? how can you say that you know reality? Do enlighten me on this subject matter, because from my perspective you are so far from reality. I see you as a little child whose been taught by a stranger to do something without question.

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

For you to know, I work hard for my "stuff", even if the pay's just so so. I may live in our ancestral home with my mom & God Mother, but I give my fair share. I pay the internet bills as well as part of food & electricity. I don't intend to leave them as I love them very much. I was once offered by other relatives living in the U.S. to migrate, I said "no, I won't leave my parents". They (my other "westernized" relatives) told me that in time I could petition for them (my mom & Godmom) as well, & I said, "My mom & God mother are already old & like me, they'd rather die here than go to some other country".

As for my harshness of reality banter. Let me ask you this. Have you seen, right before your eyes how corrupt police officers sponge off public Transport people? Have you seen with your own eyes, drugs being sold & offered to you out in the open like it was candy? Have you seen with your eyes, prostitutes begging for a "short time" just so they have something for their family? Or have you seen people being beaten up by guys, just because they felt like it? And, have you been descriminated because you're physically different or your "orientation" is different? These make me sick, because the government is doing nothing, but even so, I still love my country & will never leave it. :'(

One thing my mom & God mom taught me:

"If people walk all over you let them, but cry, scream & shout after they leave so every other person who didn't know what was happening will know."

Don't bash talk other people's convictions because you find it strange or Childish. I love my homeland & my family, even if the country's very shitty right now, I'll never give in, money is just money, what matters for me are my parents & as long as we're still managing, we'll never ask for anything more, thank you very much 8)