1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I'm gonna get a new flash cart, but which one do i chose?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by sagekaos494, Mar 27, 2010.

1. sagekaos494

sagekaos494 Active Member

Well, I'm kinda tired of my old R4 III, so I'm gonna get a new flashcart. I have a DS Lite, so I'm considering getting a Cyclo DS, or should I get a AceKard2i. But, I also want to order from a reliable, affordable, yet quick site. I might order my Acekard2i from realhotstuff.com, but i dont know where to order it from. I want to order it from a reliable site, and fast too, i wanna wait at the most 2 weeks, i dont wanna have to wait a month for either flash cart. Any recomendations? Please and thank you! :)

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

realhotstuff is a reliable and quick site (if you live in the US that is, I don't know how quick they do overseas stuff). They are slightly more expensive, but each time I have ordered from them, my package has arrived to me in 3-5 business days.

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

4. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Either EDGE or Acekard. EDGE and CycloDS are the same, so...

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Really? I do not think so.
    My EDGE (by my grandparents) is very different from the CycloDS.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Edge is/was a direct copy of the Cyclo.

It is almost identical, but the CycloDS is updated more often. Edge updates come frequently, and usually when Cyclo comes out with an update, the Edge comes out with one a day or two later. If you look at the Edge and CycloDS PDF manuals, the Edge manual is almost word for word copy and the same format (Except they replaced CycloDS Evolution with Edge).

But, the Edge does have a DSi card, which uses pretty similar firmware to the non-DSi Edge card, and I believe it has an external loader for the DSi compatibility patching, meaning you don't need a DS Lite or a DSi with 1.3 to fix it.