1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I'm confused...

Discussion in 'Rants' started by JohnnieBob, Apr 6, 2010.

1. JohnnieBob

JohnnieBob Well-Known Member

Hey, guys, unsure if this is a rant as much as a question...
    Recently, in school, I came out as Bi. Most people are cool with it but some annoying people keep going "Oh, there's the [Insert Derogatory term for a gay person]!"
    And the same people mock the Russian kid in my year...
    I'm so confused about all this racism and homophobia (Is being mocked for being bi the same as homophobia?)....
    I went through my best logic skills, yet, I haven't come to a conclusion to why?
    It's basically conjecture (Guessing about things/people with insufficient facts), right? Maybe prejudice would be better suited for this situation? Anyway, Can some one explain Racism, sexism, homophobia, etc..?

So, thanks for any help lol =D

2. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

At least it's better than gay. I get that a lot in school too. The way to counter these stuff is to show the least interest. If you show a sign of reaction they'll continue doing this.

3. JohnnieBob

I let it "roll off my back", as they say. But I don't see the point in -isms... I like to think in a rational, logical way. It's not logical or rational.... I sort of understand where people get the views on gays are affected directly by the media. (Have you ever seen Louie Spence?! He's awesome though) We're made out to be all "Oh. My. God. I LOVE your shuz!!!!!" But, I've only me straight guys act like that =/
    Mostly things are the same. Except hardcore-Christian-guy, he hates me now =[
    I seemed to have gained respect in some aspects, like bravery or what ever =P
    But, yeah, I do feel better in my own skin (Cheesy, I know).
    If I make sense, then... yeah... Help, please =D

4. tails100

tails100 Active Member

So your confused about gay calling?

5. freehand01

freehand01 Well-Known Member

well in they say that the ones who are using gay callings are the actual gays...lol

6. tails100

tails100 Active Member

When someone says look whos a gay i just say im looking at the gay one.

7. JohnnieBob

About prejudice... People aren't measured by their appearance/sex/ethnicity/sexuality/etc, but rather their actions. (I famous quote apparently, no idea who said it but...)
    It maybe an oxymoron, but, they're a'holes =D

8. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

People only do this because they're stupid and confused. They have no real reason just that they think that people that are different to them are inferior in some respect. It's all stupid and pointless and all these -isms should not be there but while we are such a diverse culture there will always be this mocking.
    It's like in school I have a different accent then the people there but im still from the same country, it's because im unique. what annoys me nowadays is the fact that some Gay/Bi people have to hide how they feel due to other people treating them differently because of it.

-kyrodon

9. klaimore

There was a riot about racism in my city, for exchange students.

10. freehand01

freehand01 Well-Known Member

ohh how did it go? (going off topic)

11. JohnnieBob

Going off-topic again, I still have to tell my parents. I'm not sure if I should wait 'till I'm old enough to get my own house. They're very.... Christian.

12. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Christians who are against homosexuality need to go back, read the Bible and seriously reexamine their beliefs. The scripture that tells them homosexuality is wrong is in Leviticus(OT), the same book(I think it's even the same chapter) that tells them to keep kosher. So basically any Christian that gives you stick for being bi probably doesn't even understand their own religion. As for why there are -isms, generally it's because people fear what they don't understand/aren't familiar with. I still feel slightly uncomfortable around a outwardly gay person (or a straight person acting gay :p), but I try no to show it.
    As for how to act in school, I'd make a joke out of it, anyone says anything to you, turn it into a joke.

13. klaimore

It got quickly sorted but racism is still a matter in our society no matter what people do.
    I just saw the Hot Tub trailer being racist to Michael Jackson. **** them. Trying to enhance racism?

14. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Why people are bigots? Because it's human nature to be a jackass. You see anyone killing their own kind, even children, for the sheer amusement of it, it's probably gonna be human, am I right? On the other hand, you can find altruism everywhere, cats, dogs, gorillas, dolphins, whatever. It's the capacity for needless violence that defines a human, in my opinion.

People just LOVE to slap labels on each other, round the labeled ones up, and then kill them. I suppose it makes the killers feel better about themselves. And it doesn't seem like humans frequently consult their consciences are question their actions, either.

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Humans or Gorillas, but yes.

16. MessoMesso

Gorillas? Yeah, i vaguely remember a video where a group of gorillas were maiming something, but I forgot if it was a baby monkey or baby gorilla.

17. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

lolsexuality. IRC turns you gay in like three days.

On a more serious note, people like labels. If you can label something you can understand it, apparently. So people label you because they think bisexuality is unnatural.
    That said, they're entitled to their beliefs just as much as you are. Whether they're wrong or right is entirely subjective, so the most you can do is go on as normal and let them do the same. If it's really a hassle, do something about it.

Also, for the love of god don't parade your sexuality. That annoys people.

18. MessoMesso

That doesn't change the fact that penis-pops are awesome.

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

By god I never wanted to screw a woman until I met Hpno and Pixie.

Parading ANYTHING is annoying.

Awesome in so many ways.

20. MessoMesso

Lol, and the Internet has made part of me heterosexual.

Hello Natewlie!

And that's as far as my heterosexuality goes.