1. This forum is in read-only mode.

...I'm BACK!

Discussion in 'Rants' started by mds64, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

twat does mean idiot as far as I know.

Anyway the warning system is both percentage based and three strikes. Even when your warning level has expired the fact that you have been warned before (and the reason) is recorded. It also takes a long time for the warning level to expire.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I read something about...some private part in british slang.

But I do know what my infractions are, a few for spamming, 2 for a flame wars (to be honest I disagree with that one but I can't change anything now can I, well the first one that is, the second one prehaps was my bad), I do NOT remember getting any infractions for name calling loonylion.

So why was my post rights removed, could I at least see my warning history just so I know why on earth I got such a heavy smack-I didn't see myself in any of my post that day as a flame war and my warning was for "twat".

I thought maybe a written warning would have been more suitable if it's such an offence, as this is the only instance of this I know.

(As for how long it takes for the system goes down for levels, unless that last flame war went for a huge number, larger than the last one, I would have thought it would have been at least 5%, I mean how long ago was user haseo banned the first time)?

Sorry for questioning sir, but something doesn't seem right...unless my perception of what's happened to me is not in tune with you guys...it would have made more sense if I gotten one recently and was a simerlar offence.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the last incident recorded in the system for you was in february. I don't know anything about your getting banned from posting, but without knowing the exact reasons, I would have said removal of posting rights is a bit drastic. I'll look in to it.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ah I see, that sounds like the flame war incident with me and haseo.

Whatever the judement, I'm thankful to know it's getting checked, thanks sir :)

5. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Who are you calling twat?

Didn't realize you was 'away'

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

:(

I'd assume someone who I won't mention...but he was kind-of trolling a topic, he derailed it so much it went from "help me find a money making scheme" to "let's post random shit that's meant to make sense if your on drugs".

I couldn't understand the guy, the OP made another topic because he was serious...and then he came by...it must have been on that one.

7. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

...and it was so peaceful...

trollololotrolltrollololotrolltrollololotrolltrollololotrolltrollololotrolltrollololotrolltrollololotrolltrollololotrolltrollololotroll

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The conflict between me and groh has nothing to do with this :p

Oh great I'm posting off topic...

[me=hYpNoS]pins the troll ears on rysi0 for making him go out of topic[/me]

9. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Fun Fact: Twat =/= Pregnant Fish.. Go Ponder.

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

If I recall correctly, remnoca often used "twat" in heated debate arguments & was he punished for that? No, if I'm not mistaken ???

Could the warning system have gone haywire on you or something?

And as far as I can remember, I haven't seen you post anything argumentative in the last days before your punishment. And what the hell? I didn't realise you were gone LOL!

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No that's a "twit".

... :(

Well I do post several times a day...

12. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

You can't have a pregnant fish iirc?

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Going off topic a bit:

But male seahorses just because they are the ones who carry the fertilized eggs around do give the impression of giving birth once all the eggs have hatched & the fingerlings are swimming about.

14. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

twat has a lot of meanings, i'd forgotten about the pregnant fish one, my brother used to have fish i remember him saying it.
    you can twat someone, meaning to hit them.
    it does mean idiot or similar, and it also means vagina.

the first thing that comes to mind if i hear it though is hypnos' meaning, if i wanted to call someone a vagina i wouldnt say twat it would be something much better

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I thought it was "twit" for goldfish.

Didn't know about the hit one ethier.

...wow, all these post almost make the warning I got off seem...unusually harsh.

16. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I did the banning and I still stand by it. The twat was used in a malicious context to deliberately insult the user, coupled that with a lot of previous warnings and I felt a post ban was in order. It is never okay to call another user a twat, idiot or whatever unless it is *VERY* clearly in jest. So very clearly that some random person who's never been to RomUlation could read it and immediately know that it was in jest.

Also, may I remind people this is the rant section, not the random section. As fun as you might consider it to write twat in this topic you are kindly asked to supply on topic sentences as well, there is a reason rants is a subsection to debate.

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

If it is used maliciously, then I would have to agree.

I personally don't say/use/type said word due to it's meanings.
    Where I'm from, it isn't used to call people idiots, but rather as an insulting name or as a jest between friends, but still this word to me is very bad either way.

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...hrm...

Guess I won't be using such a word unless it's about someone that isn't on romUlation then.

Whoever I used it on, if it's someone I don't really know on romUlation, must have been acting stupid (to me) for me to do such a thing.

Guess I'll have to live with it, thanks for clarifying.

(Guess I'll just stick to just ramming the report button on posters doing worse than me...)

I'd like to see exactly who i used it on so I could apoligize...unless it's that troll.

END RANT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.