1. This forum is in read-only mode.

If you are atheist, should you be considered the anti-christ?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Russky, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Once again that your opinon, just like thoeries are opinions and not proof. So if ya'll want to say the bible doesn't have proof than science doesn't either, all they can do is theorise.

And here you are saying that there must be an original in the first place. your contradicting yourself. But eh, like I said you stick to your belifs and I'll stick to mine.

2. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

the bible is writen by a few religious leaders of that time that chose what they wanted to put into it (like Matteus)and what to leave away,so many things that could had been there is not there.

the original would had been turned into dust in less than 100 years

3. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

In 1988 a radiocarbon dating test was performed on small samples of the shroud, at the University of Oxford, the University of Arizona, and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, with 95% confidence concluding that they date from the Middle Ages, between 1260 and 1390

4. Thrasher87

Thrasher87 New Member

tyson_rss, religion is ficticious nonsense. You "believers" hold onto your faith like a comfort blanket

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Better than nothing.

6. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

I just admitted that I didn't know, unlike you who seems to be so arrogant as to think that you know everything. I have never once declared that nothing in the Bible is true, I believe there are small grains of truth in there.
    It's not just my opinion, it is based upon a lot of evidence. The Bible, as you admitted yourself, is nothing but rumour and hearsay. Yet you think that the theories put forward in the bible somehow carry more weight than the theories but forward by scientists?

7. Thrasher87

Thrasher87 New Member

tysonrss, religion is ficticious nonsense. You "believers" hold onto your beliefs like a comfort blanket because you can't come to terms with the fact that every living thing will expire at some point. The idea of an afterlife or heaven is ridiculous. Although it may be a comforting idea, it's an idea fabricated by men in much more primitive times. Religion keeps simpletons such as yourself satisfied with their meaningless lives.

Humans share 96% of their d.n.a. with chimpanzees, this is because as Looneylion stated, chimpanzees and humans both evolved from a common ancestor.

If you actually believe everything written in the bible i pity you. Would you let a doctor perform an operation on you using knowledge gained from a 2010 year old medical book?

8. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

haha i know the bible to be real, god is real, satan is real, spirits are real as i have some living with me right now. ya'll are just to damn arrogant to believe it and think everything has to have an explanation. so everyone belive in what they want just don't say you weren't warned when your burning in anguish in eternal hellfire.

9. msg2009

something just occured to me, how does the bible explain life before man, dinosaurs etc?

10. Thrasher87

Thrasher87 New Member

Yes, I've also found that strange, if the world was "concieved" by "god" 6000 years ago, surely dinosaurs and man must have co-existed at some point. Yet, this is not mentioned in the bible or any other holy texts.

11. melfice666

bible is just another religious text like coran(did I write it correctly?)the "god"is made by peoples imagination to explain unknown things such as floods or meteor strikes

it does not,people did not exist jet so people didnt know about those when the religious texts were made

12. msg2009

oh ok.
    im trying to be as open minded as possible and giving the bible its fair chance but so far its not doing so well :(

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I always keep an open mind on almost every aspect in my life.
    It only seems fair that way.

14. melfice666

I think the same way as you then

15. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

The word Dinosaur didnt exist until the 1800s, the bible used other terms to describe the Dinosaurs such as Behemoth or Leviathan. Dinosaurs did exist along side humans.

16. Thrasher87

Thrasher87 New Member

tysonrss, you claim to have spirits with you right now. You're either lying or just severely deluded. I'm afraid there is probably no chance of you ever realising that god satan etc. are not real. You will never realise this because when you die, your conciousness will cease to exist in any form. You will decompose as will any other dead organism.

17. msg2009

dinosaurs had died out long before 4000bc, right?

18. Littlekill

Dinosaurs eventually did die but to starvation, exhaustion, loss of eggs, pretty much they were chosen to go.

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

And how do you know this?

There have been bodies that have been buried for a few years and when they are exhumed to be buried somewhere else, then the bodies are in perfect condition. No mummification or natural occurrences such as pete or lye seeped into the coffin.

How can you tell that what you "see" is actually what is there?

Your eyes take in light. Your brain tells you what those different light patterns supposedly make out.
    Then, your brain gives you an image of what you're looking at...but how do you know it is what is actually there? What if trees were not those colors and were actually a shapeless blob?
    But then that goes to touch. Your nerves send messages to your brain that say that the tree is solid and that water is a liquid...but what if what you were feeling was actually the opposite?

Also, how do you know you're alive?

Prove to me that you're alive and I'll believe you.
    But you can't prove to me that you're alive.
    Even with video and picture evidence, you still cannot convince me that this is nothing more than a dream realm where none of you exist and it is all in my mind. (Matrixish)
    This goes for the real world as well.

How do you know anything is real?

20. Littlekill

The Matrix Has You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.