1. This forum is in read-only mode.

If you are atheist, should you be considered the anti-christ?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Russky, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

what does unbunkify mean?

2. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Because science, like I've said planty of times, debunkifies everything the bible stands for. Science says we were created from a bang. That's total idiocity.

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Kind of like debunk i guess? Where you disprove something.

4. msg2009

ok im just trying to understand everything

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Ah!

I know what you mean. Some of these arguments are full of holes. :p

I just like to watch.

6. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Not true, much of the scientific research done from about 500-1600AD was done by monks in the Catholic church. One theory of science says the universe was created by the big bang, however, this doesn't mean that the big bang wasn't created by a god. You're basically lashing out at what you don't understand. And you still didn't answer my question; what makes you so sure the Bible is true/written by a god?

7. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

And what makes you think, we humans have evolved from Apes?

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Very true.

Catholic Monks did most of the science back then because they were the some of the only few who took the time to study the world around them.

And I know what you mean when you say that some being may have caused all of these "scientific" discoveries/theories.

He didn't say that in that post.

9. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

I know but he and others had been going on about how we evolved from apes, so I want to know how in the hell have humans come to such a theory.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I actually don't see evolution as a natural process.
    It is supra-natural to me. I just don't see how everything can exist the way it does without something guiding it along. It just doesn't add up to me.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

The fact that we have a lot of DNA in common with apes, we have scientific proof of most of the different stages of the evolution process (fossilised remains among other things) and we share more behavioural traits with apes than any other species.

12. gaynorvader

I have been through this before, but here we go again:

Humans did not evolve from apes. They evolved from something that was similar to an ape, they shared a common ancestor with the modern ape. There is a huge amount of documented evidence pointing to this and next to no evidence showing that the Earth was magicked into existence 5000 years ago.

13. msg2009

tyson could you answer gaynorvaders question please

14. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

What does that mean? Humans coming into existance through an animal such as an ape is just proposterious. Humans try to focus on all this crap regarding that we can from apes, but they don't have the audacity to try and see how the other side works as well. Spiritualism, people think just because it can't be seen thn its not real, not many people has tried to go on that concept, but they wanna believe everything was created with a bang, and that we come from apes. Some things were meant to be unexplainable. people just wanna slap a lie into things to try and make since out of it.

15. gaynorvader

yes, it's called religion. Now, could you answer me:

What makes you so sure the Bible is true/written by a god?

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

On a side-note.

Supposedly during the reign of Joseph Stolen (Soviet Russia), there was an experiment carried out, trying to breed a human with a chimpanzee.
    The offspring was supposedly born, but the creature was so vile, repulsive, and unholy that they euthanized the creature.
    Nothing was ever tried again with this. (If it ever happened.)

17. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

I have. I said some things were meant to be unexplainable. In the end it comes down to if you believe or not. Science over the centuries has turned things around, making people believe that religion is phony. I said before Humans can't grasp on everything because it's not possible and we can't, that's why they try to take the easy way out by using the theories that have been presented.

In the bible days, there were proof, because their were witnesses.

Put it like this...what do you think about your scientists finding Jesus' shroud?

18. gaynorvader

The theories represent massive amounts of work and effort. Religions offer a simple reason that doesn't really explain anything.

There are still "witnessess" most of them are crackpots or responding to their fear of death by grasping at anything to help alleviate that fear.

[qupte]Put it like this...what do you think about your scientists finding Jesus' shroud?
    [/quote]
    I don't know a lot about that. There have been many fakes over the years though. I find it interesting that you deem science to be okay as long as it proves your point.

So you think that because one person experienced voices/whatever and told someone else who told someone else who told someone else etc etc and then someone wrote it down, that proves the Bible is absolutely factual? That's without considering that the original person could have been mentally ill or seeking attention. To be honest I'd prefer to put my trust in the incomplete picture that science paints as it's more likely to be true than stories told over centuries.

19. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Well than you sit in believe about it all you want. I could care less to be honest. It all counts in the end anyway. I was just seeing what you'd say about scientists finding Jesus' shorud, but clearly you haven't got an explanation to that. You just don't want anything to do with that part of the area that's all. And may be there has been many frauds but now they are really determing if the one they found today is actually Jesus'. After all some of the scientists admit by examing his shround how jesus was tortuared. You just stick to your views and I'll stick to mine.

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It'll tell you what about jesus' shroud. It's a fake. It is not old enough to have belonged to jesus and the catholic church acknowledges this. they authorise the turin shroud to be used as a representation of the original. it is NOT the original.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.