1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ice cream amywhere

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonathan 321, Aug 17, 2009.

1. feyenoord1st

feyenoord1st Member

the italian ice is the best and most in the place san Gimigano

2. Truntemus

Truntemus Member

We dont have like tons of ice creams here ... But Cookies and Cream (those cereos)... and nougat...mmmmm

3. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

Import it? What do you mean?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

buy it from another country and have it shipped to you.

5. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

Hmm. Nah that would take too long, I don't have PayPal or anything anyway.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Sorry for the extremely late reply guys & it's not Mango & cheese ice cream, it's mango ice cream & cheese ice cream :D

Mango ice cream usually has mango fruit bits in it, but only the ripe ones as unripe mangoes taste sour :p

Cheese ice cream has bits of cheddar cheese mixed in with a buttery flavored ice cream similar in taste to butter icing.

Just a bit of idea of mine:

For those of you who saw that KIDS Next Door ice cream episode, the forth ice cream flavor I thought could have been cheese ice cream. When it turned purple when the KND's enemies poured sprinkles on it I thought it turned into Ube ice cream :D Ube is a relative of Yams & here in my country Chocolate, Cheese & Ube are the big three favorite ice cream flavors where as in the west it's Chocolate, Vanilla & Strawberry.

OK here's a Youtube video of a typical ice cream TV Commercial here in my country, the ice cream being featured here are Chocolate, Ube & Mango combo pack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDCap1XIcmc

Another one, this one has Cantaloupe (we call Cantaloupes here as Melons, go figure), Corn (Ugh, this is another common ice cream flavor here but I don't like it) , ube & Pandan which is a sweet flavor you get from boiling the leaves of the Pandan plant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x76BT6APluU

7. AcroneSF

AcroneSF Well-Known Member

oo i love Maxibons (icecream cookies)

8. Loonylion

cheese ice cream certainly sounds interesting.

9. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Wow, we also use pandan leaves for traditional foods but it mainly used in traditional steamed cakes. :) I wonder how the pandan-flavored ice cream will taste.

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Has anyone had deep fried ice cream?

The most I've heard from it was that it was awesome, although I can never ever find any.

11. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

It tastes like pandan and smells like pandan ;D

12. kamuikurou

Yep! I've tasted one. The one I tried is hot and (not really actually) crispy fried batter on the outside and yummy neapolitan ice cream in the inside. >_< Yum... now I want one...

Sounds gross, but I don't know until I tasted one. :D

13. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Actually it isn't gross...it's somewhat sweet and has a beautiful aroma....
    *stomach growls*

14. kamuikurou

Hummmm... now I really want to have some... >_<

But for now, banana and chocolate ice cream seems nice. :D

15. ultra

ultra Guest

baskin robbins calls this flavor "triple play".
    "Triple Play - caramel ice cream loaded with popcorn, candy-coated peanuts and chocolate-covered peanuts and pretzels" http://archive.supermarketguru.com/page.cfm/29298

basically, an ice cream with caramel and salt will be a good flavor!

16. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

lets see something thats sweet and chocolaty

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

When we say "fried" ice cream I can only think of two things:

1. An ice cream treat where you roll & cover a scoop of ice cream with some flour & egg mixture & some crushed nuts, then you deep fat fry it for just a few seconds until the coating mixtures gets fried & crisp. Believe it or not, the coating will indeed shield the ice cream from melting.

2. Another treat I know of said to be "fried" is a sort of ice cream crepe made by this local food establishment. What they offer is they let you choose what flavor your ice cream crepe will be & what toppings you'd like to go along with it. Then they will prepare your selected ice cream mixture in a bowl, then they will pour it onto what looks like a frying pan that is actually not hot but is freezing cold thereby instantly "flash freezing" the ice cream mixture. Then the cook (or whatever you call him) will start flattening out the ice cream, cutting it into strips & rolls them up into small crepe like rolls. In this sense, the term "fried" ice cream is just an illusory term caused by you looking at that thing that looks like a frying pan.

here's a Youtube video of the process :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9_cBsIHjeM

EDIT:

I just had to edit this, I was wrong about the whole Liquid hydrogen thing :(

18. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

My favorites would be butter almond or butter pecan.

19. Loonylion

believe it or not, we made ice cream at school using liquid nitrogen once :)

20. manny2260

manny2260 Well-Known Member

My favorite would have to be either Hazelnut or Mint Chocolate Chip.
    Not the most complex set of flavors.
    But im absolutely enticed by either.
    Particularly the Hazelnut.