1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I needz help!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by totaldudeperson, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

that explains the disappearance... have you tried searching the file yet...

Next time you should set the download directory of your browser..

2. totaldudeperson

totaldudeperson Active Member

Man, this really sucks... :'( I really hope I can end up laying my game...
    Post Merge: [time]1244354455[/time]
    I'm searching right now, how do I set the "download directory of my browser" ???

3. Blade5406

so you didn't find it, the files I mean?

Have you ever tried using a download manager?

4. totaldudeperson

I'm still working on searching for it...and what's a download manager? ???
    Post Merge: [time]1244354900[/time]
    Have you ever had issues with this?

5. Blade5406

Nope... I think you're the only one I know of who's had it...

6. totaldudeperson

I keep searching in like every way I can think of and I can't find the files.
    Post Merge: [time]1244362577[/time]
    Well according to my searching, the emulator and game files have completely disappered. :eek:
    Post Merge: [time]1244359115[/time]
    Ok, I just re-downloaded the emulator...what do I do with it quick!! Before it disapears!!!
    Post Merge: [time]1244355949[/time]
    Aw man...never mind, I'm really sleepy. I'm going to bed. Let me know if you figure something else out because I still really want to play the game. My only other option is to buy the game console and then the game >,<

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I read this thread...and I'm just as confused as you :(

I'm gonna put in some simple steps that are general, and may have been repeated...

1.Make sure you have downloaded an emulator (no$gba for ds/gba games, works with both)

2.Make sure you have win rar or 7-zip installed (both work the same)

3.If you got one of the 2 options I listed in 2., you should be able to right click on the mouse button

4. If not, prehaps it wasn't installed (win rar/7-zip)

5.When you download via internet explorer you have the option to save a file or open it after download, make sure it is being saved, not opened, other wise your looking at something that's gonna disappear after looking at it's window :(

6.When you save you can choose where to save it, make sure it's on the desktop (so you can confirm it's there without opening 100 folders)

7.Download managers are good for downloading many files at once...I don't use one since my net is too slow to bother downloading many items at once :(

8.If your using winrar, the free one is always an evalutation copy, it SHOULD be fine, it just shows an annoying window everynow and then reminding you to buy the full, some have said it works fine even after 30 days...mine expired but other's have said it should still work...so you shouldn't have to worry...

Ok, don't give up, but you sound like your panicking, that ain't gonna help, it's easy, just right click, extract the contents (or do what I do, just open it and pull out the 1 file I need...if it's a ds game it the one with the .nds at the end of it...the file extension) and after I open my emulator I point it where the .nds file is...

...I'm a noob, but I figured out all of this...just keep trying, and try my method (look upper paragragh) and you shoudl at least have something to go on...

Good luck

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It sounds like when you downloaded the file you chose 'open' instead of 'save'. This causes it to be downloaded to a temporary directory, and deleted when you close the program. You need to choose the 'save' option, and then open it after it has downloaded to a location of your choice. The 'open' option does not work properly in a lot of cases, so don't use it.

9. totaldudeperson

Oh thanks guys!!! I hope this works after I try that. I'll come and tell you if it works. ;)
    Post Merge: [time]1244386157[/time]
    Well I'm downloading the game again and I already re-downloaded the emulator, but when I try to open the emulator it says that it doesn't have something needed to run. Help me? :-[

10. Loonylion

what doesn't it have?

11. totaldudeperson

It says that it can't run because it doesn't have zlib1.dll to run the .exe. Do I need to install some pulg-in or something? ???

12. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You need the zlib1.dll file.

Read the ePSXe tutorial:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=8528.0

It has a link to it.

13. nimishtoory

nimishtoory Guest

Or you can extract it by using WinRar

14. TirithRR

That won't help him with the zlib problem at all :)

15. totaldudeperson

Ok, I'll try that and tell you what happens. :)

16. Loonylion

this is basically a mistake on the part of the ePSXe team, the emulator zip should have included the file and didn't.

17. TirithRR

Understandable mistake though. The developing and testing team probably had the DLL from something else and didn't realize it :)

18. totaldudeperson

I'm still not completely sure how to use my game using the emulator. :-[

19. TirithRR

Read the tutorial carefully. It does a pretty good job of explaining it.

20. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

open the game with the emulator... that's about it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.