1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I need to stop Sinning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lukong, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

catholics and protestants are both branches of christianity.

2. OnyxKnight_RupenX

OnyxKnight_RupenX Well-Known Member

Knew it was one way or the other.

3. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

I just told my brothers that I'm an atheist. Suffice it to say, their reactions were expected seeing as I'm part of a very religious family.
    However, for my mom, I just said "I don't have any reason to believe" instead of bluntly saying I'm an atheist.

The following months should be interesting.

4. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

^toffee: I'd say the next year minimum not months. It will suck if your family isnt accepting of your choice

i thought protestants and christians were branches of catholosism

My teacher showed me a chart where it showed off all the religions that branched out, when they branched out and from where the branched off....that was a big frickin' chart

5. OnyxKnight_RupenX

I thought so too, but I've been wrong before.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

protestants originate from the church of england, which came into being after king henry VIII of england fell out with the pope and the roman catholic church because they wouldnt allow him to divorce his 4th wife. he split from the catholic church, outlawed catholicism and started his own branch of christianity.

7. Nitemare_ Plague

doesnt matter. religions dont just hate non-believers, they hate anyone even them selves and people who believe the exact same thing + or - 1 tiny detail.

8. OnyxKnight_RupenX

I knew about the Church of England and the wife thing.

9. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

You know I wonder if the OP just made this thread just to get ppl to beat the crap out of each other ::)

10. Nitemare_ Plague

on this site. its no doubt the op is trolling

11. OnyxKnight_RupenX

It was entertaining for a while though.

Poor Jebus...

12. Nitemare_ Plague

The op hasnt been on since he posted this tread and he isnt banned...odd

13. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Well, if I was leaving a forum, I'd post a topic like this as a leaving present.

14. OnyxKnight_RupenX

Interesting.

15. AnimeboyX3

What for?If I was leaving a forum I just leave unnoticed.

16. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Different strokes for different peoples.

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Bill Maher?

18. AnimeboyX3

I guess.But the OP rarely posted anyway.But whatever the OP should've came up with something else like I'm leaving this forum or something(Not like anyone would care ::) )Instead of flamebaiting.

19. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

English protestants maybe, but not protestantism itself. It originated in protest to Catholic corruption in the 15th and 16th centuries. Martin Luther nailed his problems up on the church door and it just kind of spread.
    Wiki-proof
    Proof to back up the Wiki-proof

20. Void

Void Well-Known Member

My favorite part of all religion is that regardless of what religion (or lack of religion) is the truth, the majority of people on earth are still wrong about their faith. If Hinduism is right then everyone else of every other faith is persisting is blind delusion. If the Catholic God is real, then everyone else of every other faith is persisting in blind delusion. So regardless of what the true answer to spirituality is, pretty much every human being on earth is delusional to the point of believing in invisible friends. And if the majority of people on earth are irrefutably yet fervently misinformed (which they are, this is a statement, not a suggestion) then we should probably recognize that we are capable of persevering in lies and, you know, step back and reconsider the conditions by which we devote ourselves to our beliefs.

Everyone is delusional as fuck and no one wants to admit it. Confidence and the illusion of understanding is far more satisfying and the majority of those capable of recognizing these patterns are usually busy exploiting people for these exact psychological weaknesses.

Am I right or what?