1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I need to stop Sinning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lukong, Jun 26, 2011.

1. OnyxKnight_RupenX

OnyxKnight_RupenX Well-Known Member

If there were a people that knew nothing of Religion, they would still start killing each other.

2. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

No. They would live happily as equals and would not waste their money on keeping priests alive.
    And also, people who know of religion kill each other all the time.

3. OnyxKnight_RupenX

4. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I don't see how it would be a waste of money if the priests are passionate about what they do and if the people are willing to support them. It's not a bad service.

5. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Most scientice have solid proof

Religion is built up from lies and false hope.

Its human nature to feel emotion for someone is hurt or crying. Thus explaining why religion stopped or guided people from killing each other.

6. OnyxKnight_RupenX

Regardless what you have heard 'most scientice' say, you can NOT have proof that religion is based on lies.
    You may say it is our nature to feel compassion, but it is also our nature to feel a need for spirituality. Just as there are people who DON'T feel the need for spirituality, there are people who don't care about anyone but themselves.

7. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

In what exact context do you mean by this? Give examples please.

8. OnyxKnight_RupenX

If you, say, took a group of infants to a faraway planet where there was no Religion for them to follow, they would eventually start killing each other anyway.

9. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

With a religion they would kill each other as well. Religion doesn't prevent killing. if anything, it causes it.

10. OnyxKnight_RupenX

I didn't say Religion preventing killing, though, did I? I said PEOPLE WILL KILL EACH OTHER REGARDLESS.
    And don't say religion causes people to kill because that's most tired argument there is.

11. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

There would also be no development of law, or a functional human society on this theoretical faraway planet. So, how can you say that the absence of religion would be the sole cause of people killing each other?

12. OnyxKnight_RupenX

I"M NOT SAYING THAT, DAMMIT.

13. Reider

Reider Modereider

Calm down.

I think the point you're trying to make is that religion isn't necessarily bad, rather it's the people involved with it that are the problem.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

14. OnyxKnight_RupenX

There you go.

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

'I have no problem with god, it's his fan club I can't stand' - cant remember who said that, but someone did.

16. OnyxKnight_RupenX

That's where I have the problem.
    "If you don't believe what I do, you're going to spend eternity in hell!!!"
    "Please change your beliefs to match mine, lest you spend eternity with the devil."
    So on so forth.

17. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Funny story. Dunno if it fits here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NW3RLnXmTY&feature=mh_lolz&list=FLfTJIAIh53jc

18. OnyxKnight_RupenX

lol Good for him.

19. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

Similar to what loony said i heard a quote alot of times just like it

"Its not your christianity i hate, its your christians"

I hate one slightly more than the other but i still hate both for my own reasons

20. OnyxKnight_RupenX

Catholism is worse about stuff. Though Christianity is just a protestant version of it.