1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I need to stop Sinning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lukong, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Just for fun....

[​IMG]

2. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

Religion is an excuse for war and a way to gain control. "Missions" are simply mass conversions to gain followers. Religion also gives power to many people who don't deserve it. That is why I ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮ to religion. We would be better off without it.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Without religion, a lot of the basic premises behind human laws would have not been established. You know, things like "killing et al murder is a crime & stealing is a crime.

Also as OnyxKnight_RupenX said, you going ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮on Religion is indeed you shoving your beliefs down people's throats.

4. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

We would have inevitably come to realize "oh wait, murdering is bad!" without the help of religion.

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

You can't entertain the idea of God existing whilst saying there is no God. You would be a walking contradiction, and last I checked, this isn't a Starsburst commercial.

6. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

But I would define atheism as having an absence of belief in a god, thus not believing in a god could be defined as atheism.

Nonsense. There's no proof for this whatsoever, in fact many theologists would argue that the moral tenants for religion came about by integrating what was already law.

7. OnyxKnight_RupenX

OnyxKnight_RupenX Well-Known Member

RELIGION is an excuse for war? REALLY?

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Is and always has been. For better or for worse.

9. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

People would find other reasons to fight. People just USE religion as a reason to fight. Humans are self destructive and selfish they just use whatever they can to get what they want.

10. OnyxKnight_RupenX

Yeah people being spiritual SHOULD be fine...were it not for those 'my way or highway' morons.

11. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

Were it also not for those "harass you if you see it differently" freaks a.k.a. Biblehumpers

12. OnyxKnight_RupenX

I agree; no religion should try to convert.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

What would you consider "what was law even before Religion came about?"

As far as I know, only one sort of universal law for living beings can be considered as such & that's the law of survival. That is, "Only the strongest/fittest will survive", "or "Eat or be eaten". Both of which contradict religious teachings of "killing is a sin".

If we followed the law of survival, murder, massacre, genocide.... what's next in this chain? IS "THE" Ultimate answer.

Although the holocaust could be cited as an example for your argument.

I'd just like to add this "observation" to this discussion....

I noticed that whenever a self-proclaimed Atheist does comment on a Religion based topic all you attack is the Christian faith. I've yet to hear someone who bad mouths Buddhism, Hinduism, Animism, Voodoo & other Pagan sects. Why is that? Is is because Christianity is such an easy target? Or is it because you just hate Christianity per se, in which case you are more of a Christian hater for doing so. Or is it because you have no knowledge of other belief systems?

EDIT: Addendum:

LOL! I just remembered, Calvin_0 once admitted he hated Muslims & how annoying their thrice a day prayer sessions were ;D

14. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

regardless they always will

My non-religious belief is "you can do whatever the hell you want as long as its behind closed doors and causes no harm to others"
    You wanna shoot yourself in the nuts fine but dont invite your buddy over so you can send him to the hospital too (its and example and a metaphorical version)
    Post Merge: [time]1309555334[/time]
    most people who hate religion aim at the ones who try like hell all the time to force you into what they believe and at some point in your life it affected you negatively. Others just sat up and thought about it and realized it made no real sense to them so they dont care.

I was 7 when when i was dragged to kids chuch one sunday and actually listened to what was being taught and thought "What the hell is this?!"

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

pagan religions are much harder to hate because they're much lower profile than the likes of christianity and islam. Also those religions put a lot weight on converting other people to them, in some cases by force (especially historically), this also makes them targets because it intrudes on people's right to follow their own path.

16. Void

Void Well-Known Member

FEEL BAD FOR DOING CERTAIN THINGS FEEL BAD FOR DOING CERTAIN THINGS FEEL BAD FOR DOING CERTAIN THINGS FEEL BAD FOR DOING CERTAIN THINGS FEEL BAD FOR DOING CERTAIN THINGS FEEL BAD FOR DOING CERTAIN THINGS FEEL BAD FOR DOING CERTAIN THINGS FEEL BAD FOR DOING CERTAIN THINGS FEEL BAD FOR DOING CERTAIN THINGS FEEL BAD FOR DOING CERTAIN THINGS FEEL BAD FOR DOING CERTAIN THINGS FEEL BAD FOR DOING CERTAIN THINGS

AREN'T YOU HAPPY NOW? FAITH HEALS.

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Sadly, a lot of the Atheist on here do a lot of player hating just like how Religious people do to others who do not share their beliefs. Meaning they (the Atheists) are doing the exact same thing that they hate about Religion. But who's not to blame them seeing as some Religious people like the OP (I'm thinking the OP is, that or maybe he was flame baiting) keep on posting Religion references on here hoping to get an answer from everybody.

18. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll bite. How do you come to that conclusion?

19. OnyxKnight_RupenX

How about by using unbiased common sense?

20. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Show me\tell me about a society where you have no religion and wanton slaughter is prevalent.

However, even with your example, it's only members of other races/species/tribes/etc that were killed. Humans tended to protect their elders and children, even in prehistoric times. The arrival of religion did and still does nothing to change this. Animals, other races, and other 'tribes' are still killed/discriminated by the most religious of people or groups.