1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I liked the game so much, I bought it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gboyrich09, May 16, 2010.

1. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I played it, i found his voice fine.

You people need to lower your expectations

2. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm not a masochist and I don't like eating shit sandwiches.

3. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Your version of shit, is my version of fine.

4. jarred121

jarred121 Well-Known Member

this reminds me of how the music industry is retarded because the sort of people that buy cds are mostly retarded wealthy adults. this isnt a fair cross section of the music listening population.

5. MessoMesso

And you're sure it's the wealthy people buying CDs? Because, really, I almost forgot that CDs were still sold until you mentioned it.

6. gboyrich09

gboyrich09 Member

I played the PSP version of Disgaea, they spoke every single line of dialog in the game.
    I'm the person who likes the over-the-top skills and numbers in Disgaea. I almost passed out when i found out the Level cap, Then you get to start over, and over. For higher stats. People don't like the skills but i like the Pupil/Mentor thing, i used it to teach the main character "heal". You can use monsters in your team or just create your own characters and play through the story with them.

We are entitled to out own opinions, i actually like the pokewalker. It makes my playing experience a bit more portable, i leave it in my pocket all day and get 6~9k steps. I use the watts to catch pokemon or get free items.

The music industry is a bit different, developers actually get payed for the games we buy. And artists lose very little from a downloaded song, some thrive on downloaded songs. (Damien Fernandez gives his songs out for free in order to promote himself).

7. jarred121

jarred121 Well-Known Member

why do you try to make people feel bad?

8. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

People don't really buy CD's much anymore unless they don't pirate, or they really want to support one of their artists. I already read somewhere that lack of CD sales is far from crippling for the music artist.

9. MessoMesso

Or they want the sexy little booklets that come with the CDs...

10. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I was been sarcastic :)
    I think most people on here buy games, dont you? most of you have xbox 360 or ps3 and have to buy games
    I have over 40 xbox 360 games, i dont mind paying if somethings good.
    I mostly download old games that you cant buy anymore, everything from atari 2600 up to the psx
    I cant get into handheld games, they are just not as good as xbox 360 games(obviously) and my daughter doesn't even bother with her DS so basically i use this site to get what i cant buy.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If you got a 360 you don't have to buy games...but miss out on s stupid subscription service.

I buy what I know and trust, I download new music that I'm not sure if I actually want.

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No you don't. If you have a flashed drive you don't get banned instantly, Microsoft goes on a banning spree for modified hardware once every two years or so.

Also I still buy CDs, although I only buy them if they're really really good. There hasn't been a lot lately that I've bought in a while though. I'm thinking of buying The Mint Chicks CDs.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I thought it's like the psn where it detects it in an instant...I know I was banned in an instant.

14. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Hmmm.
    Games with 8hours single player should cost a lot less than games with robust multi player while having an enormous single player.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The cost is relevant to all the money put into making the game, packaging, wages, coding, etc...

8 hour games can still be amazing if the people it's aimed for enjoy it.

16. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

*removed*

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Often times, the games with the robust single player cost more to make than the multiplayer focused games.

18. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

With a few exceptions,WoW and The Old Republic both cost about 100mil$ while God of War 3-44mil$,Crysis-much more robust than GoW 3 in replaybility,non-linearity costs less,with 22mil$ in development cost.
    So what does that means?It means God of War 3 costs more than Crysis not because of the amount of gameplay,robust engine but because of cut scenes,graphical polish on Kratos and presentation.Mass Effect 2 -with choices in progressing the plot unlike the linear God of War 3,probably costs less too.Final Fantasy 13 probably costs a lot,mainly because of the graphics but in gameplay?Meh.

19. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

In some places it's $30 or $35.
    Costco <3

20. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You have to take into account on the developing side, not the game.

FFXIII cost a lot to make, not only because of the engine or the length of the game, but because of the engines they had to make for prototypes and the length of development. God Of War 3 has been in development for a while, and the devs had to spruce up their PS3 knowledge to make a good looking game. Also take into account things like research, story, art assets, number of developers etc.