1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I liked the game so much, I bought it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gboyrich09, May 16, 2010.

1. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

You're preaching what others have already preached

2. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

My family drops by Burbank frequently. If I wanted to I could walking into Insomniac's doors. I've never pirated any of their games (all original, actually...), but if I did, and I was dragged away to Burbank like usually, I would feel pretty guilty knowing the guys who slaved over a game that I didn't pay for are just a few blocks away...

I don't see how anyone with a computer that can run video games would have piracy as the only option in getting The Orange Box.

3. Reme

Reme Well-Known Member

or u could just turn in games u dont like and dont want anymore to GameStop to get money back (even tho its usually not much) I never really do this myself because i might realize i actaully like the game after not playing it or might want to play a game of its style at a later date

4. Lukong

Lukong Well-Known Member

Will if you got the money
    I got the time well go honky tonky
    Were going to have a great time

Seriously developers well always have there fans who don't mind paying for quality, but for sites like this and many others like ****** which supplies me ps2 games that I wouldn't be able to play cause my ps2 was broken and as for the games they weren't mine, people can use them.

Though it is good to keep things like this on the down low or not.

5. useurcamera

useurcamera Active Member

me too.
    my dad bought me soulsilver coz i believe its a great game. XD
    i just put a heartgold rom in his wood r4

6. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

POKEMON ISN'T QUALITY.QUALITY?MARIO GALAXY,UNCHARTED,MASS EFFECT 2...

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Pokemon is pokemon, so is uncharted, mass effect, etc...

All opinions.

All irrelevant.

8. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

congratulations.

9. gboyrich09

gboyrich09 Member

Anybody else feel like somebody is screaming when they read this? I understand his opinion, handheld games "suck" to a certain group of people.. And hopefully the guy above me wasn't being sarcastic. Or else this whole forum is different than I thought. I thought you guys had reason behind downloading these games, or even cared about the developers. I'm talking about most of you, not all. Emulation, to me, is just a way of getting games for free to try them out. Or just getting games that you can't really get anymore. I'm not bragging about the fact that i BOUGHT the game. I just think more people should.

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Lol, you're funny. He's being sarcastic obviously.

A lot of people download ROMs to play the game for free and not have to buy it. Be it the excuse is having no money, or stores are far away or prices are too high etc. There's no reason that can justify piracy besides one that involves buying the actual game new.

Comparing a handheld DS game to a full fledged console game = lol.

11. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

I download ROMs on systems you can't buy games for new anymore(SNES, GBA, PSX(to a lesser extent), Sega, etc). I've also downloaded a few DS games to see if the console would be worth me buying (so far, no). They're pretty good reasons if you ask me! :)

As for the piracy is green thing, that's one of the most naive, badly thought through pictures I've ever seen, even if it is a joke.

12. gboyrich09

gboyrich09 Member

You can argue about added energy used by emulation or providing servers to keep roms alive. I personally believe that if a game is too old to actually be bought at a store(meaning no profit for the developer) then we are open to download it. I have a few old SNES games.

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Eh, yeah. My favorite reason to pirate is still 'because I want the game free'.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Not really, a server uses the same amount of power regardless of what its used for, and if it wasnt hosting a romsite it would be hosting something else.

15. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I hate buying games anymore. I might buy it if it is REALLY spectacular, but that is rare for me. Pokemon for example; the pokewalker was a gimmick so people WOULDN'T pirate the game. To me though, that isn't incentive enough to go blow $40 on a freaking DS game. Right now I'm playing FFXII: Revenant Wings. I find this game to be very impressive so far and the $20 price tag it carries anymore would be well worth the purchase. I used to buy games when I could (which wasn't very often, low income family = needs come first), but since I discovered flash carts, I have yet to buy a game. Even when I bought games though, I only have about 8 that I found to be truly worthy of buying to keep.

Really, the DS games have only been dropping in quality. Ever since Nintendo went hardcore family and kid games on the DS, there has been a pretty swift decline of quality titles to partake in. I find myself searching for games between 1 and 2500 ID wise, as those numbers contain some of the best games on the DS. I haven't played a new game in the past 3 months or so except for Dementium 2 that I would consider worthy of my money.

Just a little thing, I could never figure out why people liked Disgaea so much. I tried the game and gave it a lot of time and just could not become immersed in the lack luster story. Just a personal opinion though.

16. MessoMesso

I liked the humour and the whole you can level up to 9999 thing.

Don't play the game with English voice overs... It ruins a lot of the humour...

17. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The voice overs did make me want to slaughter myself. That may have been an attributing factor to my dislike of the game.

18. MessoMesso

Dude, since when does an English voice over for a Japanese game NOT suck? Aside from Bayonetta, though admittedly Yuri Lowenthal sucked ass frequently.

19. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

The english voices for games are usually fine, only ones i didn't like was some game i saw on youtube, and suikoden tierkesis, since they all talked like they were in a hurry.

20. MessoMesso

I'm guessing you've never played Kingdom Hearts 2 then. DIE HALEY JOEL OSMENT YOU MOTHAFUCKA!