1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I hate reality tv shows

Discussion in 'Rants' started by msg2009, Jun 11, 2010.

1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

whats the point in them? why do people want to be on them? i cant believe people actually watch that shite!
    My girlfriend just came into the room and said "this guy has just been talking to the cupboard and everyone thought he was talking to himself, its sooooo funny!"
    erm.....yeah.... sounds funny. must have had to be there
    she moans like hell when i watch documentaries because their boring, but im expected to watch a group of attention seekers play up for a camera.

2. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

I hate reality shows too. I don't get why are they so effing popular... I'd rather watch a good movie or something on Discovery instead.

3. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Back in the mists of time (before reality T.V became popular and people chose to be involved in it for the sole reason of becoming a celebrity), reality television may have had some merit as televised "social experiments".
    But now, I feel, they are just populated with the most unconvincing, fake, unstable people that the producers can trawl in from the local asylum.
    Maybe this isn't the case with all shows (I don't really watch them much), but it seems like it to me. It's just so difficult to care about the actions of people whom are so brazenly performing for the camera; it's no better than watching a lot of terrible, immensely unlikeable actors do improv for hours on end.

I heard about a Japanese show that made a guy eat nothing but catfood for years on end (with every can he opened, he had a small chance of "winning" real food, or his freedom - or something, I'm not sure of the details -). It's supposed to be really funny, not sure though : /

4. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

Yeah, American reality TV is not that good, but the Japanese embarrass the heck out of their "stars."

5. msg2009

The people they pick for the shows are the last people on earth i would be friends with. They are all over the top attention whores that want to get rich without working for it.
    How can anybody watch it? really? its not entertaining, it makes me cringe when they are showing themselves up

6. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Reality TV show is distracting teenagers from learning useful things like Science,History,etc.
    I hate MTV,E!,or whatever the f*** channel that has quite some Reality TV shows.Well,almost every freaking channel from every corner of this planet airs at least 1 reality TV show annually.
    What's the point?What's the benefit of watching The Kardahsian?Kimora-(i hate her kids)?
    It's a waste of time.Haha girls love that kind of thing.(i assume,based on my sisters)
    Those events in most reality shows are actually scripted in some parts.

MSG-you have a girlfriend?Surprising.

7. msg2009

why?

8. allkratos

I assume you are a zealot gamer.
    Like me :)

9. msg2009

i am.
    but im also a 31 year old amateur cagefighter, have a daughter and i haven't been single in 13 years.
    theres more to life than games........just. although sometines i wish there wasn't.
    but back on topic, kids want to be in big brother when they grow up or be WAG's! nobody wants to work anymore, they just want a get rich and famous quick scheme
    whats wrong with wanting to be a doctor or something instead?

10. allkratos

You must be though then;both physically and mentally.Also,don't look down at games,there are games that teach us more than those Outrageously-Useless-on an-EPIC-proportion Reality TV shows.
    People nowadays want to be like celebrity,so it can't be helped that they love watching attention whores doing something-even walking a dog.

11. msg2009

pac man taught me more than reality tv

12. allkratos

That's pacman;how about those RPGs like FF or Xenogears?

13. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

i watch a few reality tv shows but big brother doesn't really make sense to me. my cousins are insanely watching it. they even paid for a cable tv just for the 24/7 big brother.

pacman taught you boxing... lol.

14. msg2009

seriously though, social experiment? I learnt more doing psychology at college. a very poor college.
    I cant see any reason whatsoever for this shite to exist.

15. allkratos

Really. Reality TV show is not grounded on reality at all; our life way different form each other.

16. msg2009

If theres any terrorists reading this, please please please bomb the big brother house

17. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Reality shows actually are less related to reality than real life. In real life you don't have cut edits, interviews and stuff.

18. cuccio123

cuccio123 Well-Known Member

Because Reality shows are cheap, easy to make and make shitloads of money off teenage girls and women viewers.

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

There's only one Semi-reality TV Show I like watching & that's The Amazing Race. I like that show because it let's me see a glimpse of other places in the world that I could never visit.

Another Reality TV show I liked because it was just a one time deal was Kid Nation which was about 40 kids who were left to live & run a whole town by themselves for 40 days.

As for "Big Brother", I'd rather watch actual Pr0n than watch that bit of garbage on TV. Same goes with Survivor. I do have mixed emotions towards The Apprentice seeing Donald Trump was involved in a Scandal with the Miss U.S.A. Pageant.