1. This forum is in read-only mode.

i hate bus trips

Discussion in 'Rants' started by ab0456, Feb 3, 2012.

1. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

They have them in canada too.

2. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned scottish buses being good, that person is obviously insane.
    Buses here are full of neds, jakeys, junkies and weirdos.

3. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

Better than here in Brazil. I used to live in Scotland.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

We actually got 'new' buses in our area fairly recently (in fact, other routes operating out of the same town got brand new buses to replace their nearly new ones, and we got the nearly new ones to replace our rattling bone shakers. At least the 'nearly new' ones are wheelchair accessible, unlike the ones they replaced)

They're still never on time though.

5. shredc0re

shredc0re Guest

We have a mix of old and new, so it's funny. And yeah, timing.. Yeah. Not even going there

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

We have a bus company.
    They go through red lights.

Figures.

7. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I'm one of those "assholes" that blares open-eared headphones on buses. I know people complain about this shit all the time on the Internet, so I'll offer a preemptive counter-argument here:

1) If you can hear my music it means you're not listening to headphones. If you're on the bus without headphones, trust me - you're not taking in any beautiful ambient noise anyway and you are a braindead fuck for forgetting music, the most powerful emotional force that exists. That's your loss, so sit back and rustle your own jimmies over what would be a shitty commute with no psychological and emotional engagement anyway.

2) Again, music is amazing and the pleasure I derive from it exceeds that of your arbitrary irritation. Try learning how to feel. I can't tell if it's a lack of empathy or a lack of enjoyment of music when it comes to others, but I absolutely let people play their music as loud as they want. I know it means a lot to them - more than my enjoyment of, uh, silence.

3) I've never once been approached. You can ask me to turn it down and I will because I'm not a confrontational douchebag. I've seen posts on reddit complaining about music and buses with thousands of accumulated upvotes and I have never seen any post saying they've done anything about it. It's always a passive-aggressive sob story about how they got all worked up and ruined their own day and then they come bitch about it on the Internet.

Guess what: if you're too much of a socially defunct basement dweller to approach me like a person then I will absolutely step all over you just because I can, you awkward bitch-faced faggot.

From me, to all with sincerity.

8. sylar1000

Turn your shitty music down bro. No one wants to hear your shitty screamo, dubstep/whatever you listen too.

9. Void

Void Well-Known Member

What a well-articulated and logical argument. I don't listen to either of those genres of music. I listen strictly to Sunn O))) @ max vol.

Again, though, listen to your own fucking music. What kind of square are you? I'm willing to bet I've pissed off dozens or more people who share your sentiments but again, the same kind of people that get worked up over inane little things are the same insecure douchebags that can't confront their personal problems. So, I hope your continued days of passive-aggression continue to be stained by abrasive dubstep.

Edit: Seriously, you're complaining here but I bet every dime I have you're quiet as a clam when it happens in real life.

10. sylar1000

I don't know what Sunn is either, but it's probably crappy. I have no reason to listen to music on a bus, it's a bus. I'm only on for a half hour or under anyway. I'm more focused on sitting on clean seats because somehow the bus seats become magically dirty.

Calm down there dr. void. Just because people don't want to listen to your crappy music.

11. Void

Void Well-Known Member

That's enough time for an EP and even some LPs. You can literally sink in and have an experience and create associative memories in that half hour, and you're utilizing it by focusing on how dingy the seats are for 30 minutes straight while boiling up about what the people around you are doing? Look, man, that sounds horribly boring and depressive, and I refuse to live my life in such a grey world when I can live in one of color without consequence.

Uh no I swear and I am blunt because it is the most effective means of communicating my ideas and emotions.

tl;dr: no.

12. sylar1000

It's a bus ride, i don't need memories lol.

I don't pay attention to what people around me are doing ever. I just sit down and wait for my stop.

13. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Well that sucks for you but listen guy, I can't just sit for half an hour without something to do or, at the very least, actively analyze. That is a torture and I'm not about to adopt a meek, complacent pass-through-life attitude to try to brighten up your day. Again, sorry but lrn2deal.

14. sylar1000

There is nothing to deal with, no one on the public busses i ride ever listen to music :p

15. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

There are headphones in everyone's ears here (40 minute bus rides ho!), but it's discouraged to listen so loud that others hear. You can be kicked out a bus for that here.

Usually only tween girls have their music loud enough for anyone to hear Kesha's next blurred mumble of a chorus.

I guess my point is nothing. Nothing at all.

16. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

^Your point is valued.

Shitty bus driver today. We were shouting at her to drive right (she went through a few red lights) and she didn't stop at my stop.
    So pissed.

17. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

is European a race? lol

18. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Where the actual fuck do you live?

It's probably worth mentioning that I actually haven't been on public transportation in like a year and a half and I wear my earbuds when I'm public anyway which have no sound leak (my open-eared phones stay inside). So I'm mostly arguing on behalf of everyone with loud music more than I am myself, although I have listened to my open-eared phones on a bus before (edit: actually only ever buses for my school, never a "public bus").

I'm just making a point because I hate sob-story bitching about little harmless things like peoples music by hermits who are out to inflict their own depressive attitudes upon other people. And if I want to listen to loud music I will. I guess that's the point.