1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How you found Romulation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shuvo01, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Ultra: I probably posted that I wanted feedback on it, I did that on a lot of active emulation forums, got some good advice as well. :)

I haven't left the site at all, it's true that I post less, but this is more like my usual forum dedication level, before I had a community to start so I had to really engage myself. I prefer to sit back, program new features, optimize and such. But rest assured that I still have a hand in everything, from decisions to server stuff to updating ROMs whenever they are released. :)

2. aleksi

aleksi New Member

How I found this site? Well I wanted to play Medievil once again since I havent played it in like 5 years. I searched google for psx isos and this site popped up. Been happy since after.

3. 32BitPwns

32BitPwns Well-Known Member

I was a typical leecher looking for a website to leech from...Then I found romulation, leeched from it, liked it, and im going to continue leeching from it, hehe not, but I WAS a leecher...I decided to settle down here, its roomy

4. razielleonhart

razielleonhart Well-Known Member

was looking for Rockman ZX rom and found you guys

5. mrfatso

mrfatso Well-Known Member

was looking for roms to play, if i remember it was gba roms, i search the net, found them on emuwizards, but they were down, so i went back to google, search through all the results and here i am, happy and blissful =D

6. Quintafeira12

Quintafeira12 Active Member

Same reason for all it seems.
    We're a bunch of cheap people who want to play games for free that "Stumbled upon" this site and liked it.

7. Woolie1994

Woolie1994 Well-Known Member

I dont remember :D

8. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Odd.. I thought I already posted on this thread...

All I remember was that i was searching for NDS Roms... and I kept on looking for a one without any ads :)

but yeah, I'm kinda busy so I'm not on that nuch...

9. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

There was this guy wanting to create some new piece of art in this dark alley, but he had no inspiration. I told him to listen to the whispering of the wind. Also, I wisphered to the wind stuff about clean websites and php, in the hope somebody would listen.

For those who don't get the above part: I gave Seph the idea and helped with designing it, giving advice, giving tips, giving ideas. I don't manage it.

Btw, don't go into dark alleys. It really is a bad idea.

10. ultra

ultra Guest

this site was better then the other sites. other emulator/rom sites back then had trojans and other spywares that would often install into your computer. the one site that i had more comfort in coming to was this site. sure this site has ads but not like how it was back then with pop-ups and all that crazy spyware and such.

11. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

This was the first site i saw that had all the gba games that i wanted to play for free :p

(via Google)

12. tiklu

tiklu Well-Known Member

Found when searching PSX iso [Don't remember what one] if I remember correctly.

13. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

The guy that I bought my DS One Super Card from told me about this site.

14. dark.faerie

dark.faerie Well-Known Member

my boyfriend sent me the link on msn XD

15. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

googling free rom downloads.. LOL... i think thats how i got here... o_O

16. seiryu666

seiryu666 Member

I came here from emuparadise while looking for some hard to find PSX ISO's. I was impressed by the large collection and decided to stick around. ;D

17. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

[sarcasm]To think... I thought you lived in one ::) [/sarcasm]

I didn't know you contributed to the making of the site -.-

18. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Oh, you mean how do you found a site like romulation? ;) Well, you start small, get a forum, clean website, big ass server and start shouting you're the best (you can't, only romulation can, as it's the best).

19. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

I was searching for the second Harry Potter game for GBC. And as far as I remember, only RomU had it, so I started camping in here. :p

20. 9NineBreaker9

9NineBreaker9 Well-Known Member

I hadn't really known much about emulators, but after hearing about it at school and seeing them in action, I started to look around the vast interwebz. It didn't take long before I had my hands on a few little emulators, but I lacked the ROMs for them. I searched far and wide for some games, but, not matter where I turned, all I found were registration, personal information required, credit card spaces and adds upon adds.

Then I stumbled here. A username later, I was downloading everything in sight. Then I actually started to pay attention to the forums...

... and here I am. Hola world.