1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how to convinve parents to get black ops?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EMIN3M, Nov 10, 2010.

1. EMIN3M

EMIN3M Member

Well I like both single and multi player. That's just me. I respect other people's opinion but you should respect mine
    Post Merge: [time]1289531132[/time]
    ROFL

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I did respect your opinion, although I was commenting why you should reconsider.

But if you insist that I don't respect your opinion though, then your opinion is fucking putrid and horrible, and you should never share it again.

3. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

Why don't you rent your games? I mean back when all my friends had Super Smash Bros. (for Nintendo 64) my parents couldn't pay for video games all the time. It took me 4 months to get like one video game and that was like if I had all A's in my classes. So there was a store back in the day called Albertsons that you could rent video games for $1.00 for 5 days. Now there is blockbusters(idk how much that is and I think it is almost out of business) or rent online at gamefly.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

guess its a good thing I havent played a CoD since 3. the single player was pretty good in the ones I played (1, 2 and 3). I dont really care about multiplayer.

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Quite honestly, CoD 1 and United Offensive had the best single player component for a CoD game next to CoD2. Past 3, things got ugly.

6. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

CHEAPSKATES?!?!?!? you don't know the meaning of the word. guess the last time my mom bought me a video game. NEVER! they force me into reading these stupid books because they liked it so much when THEY were a kid. ALL the games I have are either a gift or bought using gift money. you're lucky you're even getting a game on christmas but me? not once have my mom and dad bought me anything that I want. I look up to my brother because he buys me whatever I want. gifted me quite a motherload of games the past years

7. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

why post here in the first place?

9. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Because he can.
    ---
    Guys, I think that the game itself isn't important, because to his parents' eyes, they all seem the same. You could replace Black Ops with Dead Space 2 and it wouldn't make a difference.

10. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Haha, honestly, who cares?

I've never gotten games actively and am pretty much always behind in terms of the latest games. If it's at least three years old, I might just finally own it. Kinda lulzy in my opinion, as I've learned to just not care. All because you don't have the latest games doesn't mean the end of the world. I want Black Ops, yeah. I've played Black Ops quite a bit already and KNOW I would like to own it. I probably won't own it for quite awhile though, and really, it doesn't matter. Will I die because all of my friends are playing it and my life is just soooo boring without it? No.

It isn't like MW2 suddenly ran out of people to play against or anything. It isn't like all my other games just stopped being fun.

tl;dr version: Suck it the fuck up. :D

One final note, this thread has made me lulz very hard.

11. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

What does it matter? It's CoD now. Tomorrow it'll be Halo X and then MGS : Rise of the Trolls. Then next week you'll want Deux Ex.

Tame the boiling stream of jealousy and longing in you, Child, and go play something free and sparkling like Neopets. That or step on the study gears, make loads of cash in the future, and buy games that are even better than the ones now.

I'm a jealous person too, and I retaliate by collecting my food/school allowance and buying what I want. Thing is, the world ain't a one-man highway. If something's in your path, you wiggle around it. Starvation for me was a small price to pay for whatever I want (clothes, books, games, consoles). You figure out your own way if you really want one so bad. Pawn something of yours off. Trade a game you don't want in for a new one.

Steal money! Hit an old lady! Cash in your insurance! The world is your oyster, now you just need to open the shell! DESPERAAAATE RANGER!

P.S - Oh, and if you use my method, don't groan under my window if you die from it.
    Zeeriously.

12. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I live in hope that maybe one day I'll get the message into peoples' heads that they are not in fact special little snowflakes who other people actually give a shit about.

13. dupasuka

dupasuka Well-Known Member

µtorrent is your friend :)

14. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

This game is good.

15. EMIN3M

EMIN3M Member

Yeah I haven't gotten a game in like 3 years. I don't ask for much from my parents and I really want this game. That's all. I post one thing here and it turns into a giant argument lol.

16. doughboy

doughboy Guest

It turned big because of you, mainly...
    It's like we give a response and you tear it down by saying your parents disagree with it as well...
    Either way the bandwagon strikes again...so do us all a favor and don't post again until you have it, or get a different game while you wait...

17. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

This.

Even though I don't like the posters here as much as you do, they're right. The CoD single player mode went downhill from the third one. It's still okay, but I wouldn't buy it.

Also this.

You remind me of a polar opposite of my brother. When a game gets out, he has to has it ASAP. He blows his money on new games instead of waiting a few months for the price to possibly lower or for used ones to come out in GameStop. I only downloaded two ROMs in the last three months, which are Black and White, and I haven't played it in about a week or two. Hell, I haven't gotten a legal game for over a year. I still want NSMB Wii, yet I know I'm not getting it. Why? I don't need it.

At the OP:
    I'm not being a jerk, just try to listen to what I am saying.

18. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

this pretty much sums up the whole idea why this should be locked

19. Kronat

Kronat Well-Known Member

If you get bored, like me (I don't have Black Ops either, because my good PC is broken...), play some Operation 7! It's a free online FPS, which looks like Call of Duty. You can customize your weapons with different types of barrels, red-dots, foregrips, etc! EU players should use the FIAA site.

20. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

The customization is very limited in O7. AVA has a much better system.