1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How much money do Romulation save you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvin_0, Nov 7, 2007.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

wow this topic is still alive....

2. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

If you take the average GBA game to be $25, and the average NDS game $40...
    I've downloaded 40 GBA games and 15 NDS games : that makes around $1.600 or Rp 14.400.000 <- 6 months' salary.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Wow.

GBA games here in NZ are around $50 and NDS games are about $90-100. So try with these figures :p

4. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Well, they were in USD. At my current budget (pay I get from part-timing) I just can't afford games. Hell, I saved up a year and a half to buy a NDS with R4, even then I had to beg some.

5. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

i get like 100€ a month from my part-time (sunday work only for 5 hours) and download like 6 games a week to see if they are fun.
    So that makes

100€-(40*6)€= Minus(-)140€

6. ultra

ultra Guest

i spend about 500-1000 dollars on games during a year. i typically buy about 9-12 ds games typically marked at 30 dollars a game [about 33 dollars after tax] when stores have them on sale. other then that i won't buy games unless i can get them at good prices. 9 ds games for about 210 or 280 for 12 ds games [tax included in those prices]. i managed to get minish cap for 10 dollars during the holidays two years ago, my god what a price.

fear for pc was 20 sealed at target several months ago and universe at war was 30 dollars about a month ago.
    i bought gears of war pc during november 2007 last year for about 35 with taxes.

7. mick1234

mick1234 Well-Known Member

if only this i know about this site sooner think of all the money i spent in games i have get a lot of bad games so rom download for me saves money that i don't have to began with you trade game you don't like you payed 40 dollers for and get like 6 dollers back i always buy the game i like

8. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

games shouhld be cheaper, because of Inflation, the more demand, teh cheaper, the less demand, the more expensive, so if we stop pirating games, they'll be cheaper soon...

9. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Romulation saves me my fortune and piggy bank. ::)

10. einherjar

einherjar Well-Known Member

It actually costs me money... I want to buy my games, because it keeps the innovative developers alive, but I discover so much cool games with RomU, that I buy more games than before! :D

11. err

err Well-Known Member

I saved a crap load of money. This site rocks. I'm just glad I found a website with respectable owners that know what they're doing. I just can't express my gratitude enough. I'm re-living my childhood and discovering great games I would have never played, all for free. A great comminuty to boot as well. So pretty much this site has given me more than just roms. Sorry, had to say it. RomUlation FOR THE WIN!

12. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna count the games I've donwloaded... but I need a GBA flashcart now...

13. gameace99

gameace99 Active Member

Your grammar is wrong in your title. It should be how much does or how much did romulation save you. Anyway, I do not have an R4 because I am a console gamer; but if I did I would have saved hundreds of dollars. ;D

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

RomUlation does save me heaps of money from buying games, but the cost I save goes directly to my electric & internet bills ;D

15. aeonds

aeonds New Member

I don't have to worry about my internet bills but the electricity is another story.

16. damn this topic was forgotten *casts life*
    I don't really save anything, as I don't have any modded consoles/handhelds, although I have tried to mod both my psp's back when I had them, both times it failed :(
    anyways, I mainly download psx games I used to have or older games that I once loved ;D
    good times...good times :'(

17. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I've saved hundreds so far. I don't think I've made it past a thousand dollars yet. I did save $2,499 by downloading Adobe CS3 Master Collection Corporate alone off of Demonoid though. :p

18. lol, adobe is insanely expensive if you just want it for personal use :p

19. lilblkridinhood

lilblkridinhood Well-Known Member

hahahaha and whatever happened to people who hated geeks, or made fun of them :p but now we THANK THEM

20. yep, times have changed lilb
    and winter, shutup, no one wants to hear you, we're having fun, don't like it, leave
    also...it says rules about bumping amended...I believe that means I can bump, though I found the topic interesting, and its better than starting a new one