1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How much are u willing to pay?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by shiraipon, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

http://kotaku.com/5564483/nintendo-3ds-every-announced-game-right-here

2. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it will be $200

but i will wait awhile to see which games are actually enjoyable, and also the possibility of a new 3DS, like 3DS LITE

3. shiraipon

shiraipon Well-Known Member

FUUUUUUUUUUU!!! ... persona is coming out on 3ds ._. damnit now i want it even more tnx alot D:

4. rchuncleskeleton

rchuncleskeleton Well-Known Member

Boycotting the 3DS is pointless and childish! Nintendo is trying to make money off of their products and trying to protect their right to do so! If you had a shop you'd be pretty pissed if people were stealing from you! The way I see it is, a flash card is great to try out games and also carry an abundance of games without the trouble of dragging around a case full of games. If you like a game and wish to see more valiant efforts from the developer you should purchase the game to support that dev so they can continue to produce top notch games....on the other hand flash cards are also a great way to weed through shovelware and other terrible titles you needn't waste your money on, in all honesty I have no idea why Nintendo allows such terrible software to be released on their systems.

5. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

i think the october release is for japan. i hope the language can be changed, but for the rest of the world, i think 3ds will be released next march 2011.
    http://www.worldbuzznow.com/nintendo-ds-3d-version-nintendo-3ds-release-date/2960

aww, i hope it's 200 USD too, all i can pay for this 3ds is not more than 250 USD. the wiki site is stating it will be $348 AU Dollars at the EB games website.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS
    but then, there's a lot of 3ds price info from other sites too...
    http://www.nintendoeverything.com/43089/
    http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=127253

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The DS actually came out in America a month before Japan, and normally nowadays, consoles and systems release more or less at the same time internationally. Also that article you shown, has no proof as Nintendo hasn't said a release date (there's actually NO official Nintendo announcement of the release date or price). In fact, that whole website you've shown just makes stories on speculation (see Justin Bieber breaks his neck).

The price has been estimated by retailers. Even the Australian EB Games. Your second link shows an estimate and a broad range of prices, second is estimates from analysts. There's no price announced, only guesses.

7. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Its being released in Japan 11th March i think

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Before the end of the fiscal year? Oh, why that leaves from now to March! That must mean it comes out now or the end of March 2011!

Any say of the price and release date is speculation and rumor, there's no announcement, nothing. Although I can see them pushing the 3DS for christmas, as it'll sell like hotcakes or atleast like the Wii at launch.

9. Yupingas

Yupingas Well-Known Member

I'll pay anything, I even preordered it and MGS 3D [working title I guess] just today.

Although, since games will be up to 2 gigs big I doubt i'm gonna get a flashcart for it. I'll stick to buying games.

10. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

around 200, 250 if need be.

11. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

so what are you saying?
    fuck romu they cost nontendo money? or fuck gamers cos nintendo are right?
    your comment is invalid if it supports both sides

12. rchuncleskeleton

rchuncleskeleton Well-Known Member

I said neither of these things, why don't you grow a brain and think before you spout off nonsense! What I am saying is that Nintendo and every developer has every right to request their stuff be kept off the internet. I'm also saying if you like a game you should support the developers by buying it so they can continue to make games and if you don't like the game enough to buy it then don't play it! Why would you boycott something just because that company doesn't want their software being pirated? Tell you what, go ahead and spend your time and money developing a video game, hoping to make some money from it only to have it pirated and let me know how you feel!

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Your initial point makes little sense though, so why are you telling him that his argument is invalid?

Piracy may push a couple sales in terms of hardware, but it prevents sales for software. Game companies get a bigger profit margin for software than hardware. If you want more games, support the games by buying them, or expect something like a sequel not coming into fruition for a multitude of reasons (hi Shenmue!) or the developer going under (hi Free Radical, Grin, Clover, Midway etc).

skeleton's was saying that having a flashcard is a good way to test games to play them and see if it's worth the purchase, which was his initial point in the first place.

14. Croassassin

Croassassin Well-Known Member

Anything under $300 aus if not $350 would be my max :)

15. 6Toushiro9

6Toushiro9 Well-Known Member

$0 until they make a flashcart.

16. exiavalanche

exiavalanche Well-Known Member

17. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Nintendo President' Satoru Iwata said that the price of the production of the new DS is higher than the old ones (well thats quite obvius).

He said the the price of the 3DS should be US$ 200,00 and its said that the price will probably not go down.

For comparison, prices the Original DS when launched was 150 and the DS lite, 130.

IMO, thats a overall good price. To bad that shipping and taxes on Brazil will probably raise the price to much for me to buy it T_T . Curse lucky north americans D:

18. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

oh, you actually looked at all those links i've posted? well anyway, no one said those websites are nintendo's official release date or price, those are just their own infos. but this is a 3ds price thread after all, rumors and speculations are part of this, considering other people's opinions. there's really no official announcement from nintendo yet, i guess that's necessary to mention so thanks for pointing that out.

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

http://www.worldbuzznow.com/nintendo-ds-3d-version-nintendo-3ds-release-date/2960

By the way, this article is from March. This news site sucks, basically. Reports stories based on speculation and rumor and claims it to be true.

[me=Natewlie]waits for Nintendo announcements.[/me]

20. Sneggz

Sneggz Well-Known Member

i wont buy it because i already got a NDSI XL , NDS x 3, and NDSI so im happy