1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How much are u willing to pay?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by shiraipon, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Around €200,-.

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

so keep paying and paying then

3. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

what makes you say we don't?

4. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

What are you talking about.
    Downloading Roms and playing with emulators and etc was always a kind of piracy.

There is no way any kind of protest would work, for Nintendo we aren't even players, just an annoyance.

5. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

I was talking about boycotting the 3DS, weren't you? 0_o

6. rell

rell Well-Known Member

ouch... you hurt my nintendo pride.. I buy most of the games I download when I get the cash... I usually give the bought copy away, but i still got my receipts to prove it just in case Reggie decides to come and kick down my door demanding my ds like Ramboo or something..

7. msg2009

if people just rush out and pay over the odds for this new 3ds then have a little think, there isn't going to be ANY 3ds roms, every game will have to be bought at full price. hosts are not going to go to jail for you.
    A little piracy can actually help anyway, it sells consoles.
    Nintendo will only keep pushing this anti rom thing this if their consoles are selling, if they aren't....well, like i said, a little piracy can help.
    Im not saying it should continue like it has been but games no longer produced should be available as roms. I for one would pay for the console just for that back catalogue

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewMNDHN0zDk&playnext_from=TL&videos=YWoE0wfxTY4

If there was no piracy or very little piracy they wouldn't have to have anti-piracy. It doesn't matter anyway since someone always cracks the AP anyways.

I literally feel dumber for reading what you said, there's no shred of logic in your points, nor evidence. Seriously, read it over. You're basically saying "You guys should boycott it because if you buy it there won't be any ROMs otherwise". The DS sold extremely well, likewise with the Wii, and you're telling me there's no ROMs or ISOs for these systems?

I'm even surprised that piracy is one of the things you look for when you buy a system, that's quite sad imo. And piracy will always exist, the only consoles that you can't pirate on or have a lot of trouble on is the PS3 and to a certain extent, the Saturn (emulators suck for it). Everything else is possible.

Hell if you didn't buy a 3DS you wouldn't be able to pirate anything for the system. God, your last few posts were total nonsense and I can't do anything but tell you that it's ridiculous that you said the things you have.

9. msg2009

no they sell well because roms are readily available

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The hell are you talking about? I bet you about 20% of the DS owners pirate ROMs. The group that the DS is marketed towards would not know what a flash cart is.

I'll reiterate my point, piracy will always exist. Just because the ESA brought down the DS ROMs on THIS site does not meant all DS ROMs are gone from the internet, likewise with 3DS ROMs if they do (and they will) come into fruition. If you want to find DS ROMs, there's a lot of other sites along with torrents.

11. msg2009

and how many consoles equals 20% of sales? which equals how much $?
    did you read it all or just pick the bits you wanted? here: Im not saying it should continue like it has been but games no longer produced should be available as roms. I for one would pay for the console just for that back catalogue

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'm reading everything you said, I commented nothing on the back catalog or the games that aren't being produced. I commented on you saying that we should boycott the 3DS because if we buy it, somehow there won't be any ROMs for it.

Then you said something about how 'it' will sell because ROMs are readily available, which I doubt is true considering that the market that the DS is geared towards probably doesn't know what a flash cart is. To which you reply with something that I clearly don't understand.

13. msg2009

im just making a point that SOME piracy can help and i believe that a back catalogue of free games that are no longer produced so dont cost nintendo or the game companies is a great selling point.
    if people aren't buying the console they will ease up slightly, make these old games available to make money.

anyway its just an opinion, i think nintendos ban on roms might not be the great money making scheme they think its gonna be. theres always gonna be people like me who will just move on to something else and wont buy the new console

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

As long as their product is good, people will pay up cash money for it regardless. I see the Nintendo handhelds the best made handheld systems, the competitors aren't in the same league in terms of games and the features that Nintendo has. In most cases their competitors have the better hardware, but still fail in the process because of the games. And the 3DS has the hardware, the new gimmicky feature, and the announced games for the system sound fantastic. If the price is right (I'm guessing 300$ is about right for the price). Then it'll sell and be the first successful introduction of 3D.

Regardless of what you say about downloading abandonware (by your definition, anyway), it's still piracy. I think Loony said the same thing in the other topic.

Going down on piracy is not a money making scheme, is a way to prevent losses by piracy.

15. msg2009

I think its not going to go the way nintendo plan but who knows? only time will tell

16. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Agreed.

17. shiraipon

shiraipon Well-Known Member

zzzz i bought a dsi like 2 months ago and nao this!~ kinda piss but excited at the same time lol ._.

18. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

Dont worry, you still have like, a year, to play on your DSi

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

http://gizmodo.com/5520635/rumor-nintendo-3ds-hitting-this-october-six-months-early

20. Chdonga

Chdonga Well-Known Member

Zero. As no games for it have been announced.