1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How many Malaysians?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rpgirl, Mar 29, 2010.

1. teheezin

teheezin Guest

It's at MidValley (K.L) , hmm.. I'm not sure how much is Pokemon platinum , Zelda, and GTA though.. but Soul Silver is around RM 270..

2. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Well,there are magazines like Gempak that do game reviews.It's like the Malaysian Famitsu,generally biased in favor of JRPG especially Square Enix's products.

3. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Oh yeah.. abt that.. I used to collect GEMPAK XD but they have really less updates.. so I started buying official Nintendo or Playstation Magazine. but I GEMPAK is much cheaper =) I kinda like the comics in GEMPAK haha

4. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Well-Known Member

By Citizenship I am also a malaysian... so go figure. ::)

5. PuffyChain

PuffyChain Well-Known Member

Gempak and Utopia is my fav magazine...

6. teheezin

teheezin Guest

I dont read Utopia I do read STARZ though XD

7. kiyo8989

kiyo8989 Active Member

yeah me too i collect them since number 1 issue until now
    Post Merge: [time]1271666990[/time]
    agree but i really like jrpg though especially Tri-Ace and Square Enix.I also like Tales of series especially Tales of Abyss mainly because of the multiplayer
    Post Merge: [time]1271667088[/time]
    u kidding me

8. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Hmm...gaming magazines can cost alot..I used to buy Electronic Gaming and that was like 10 years ago. Even then, it was sold as RM 24 per mag and depending on which one you were getting as well. I mean, the one with tips and tricks costs a whole lot more too. Sometimes I notice gaming mags costing over RM 55 per mag! I throughly enjoy reading reviews and previews on a mag but the net has a lot to offer too when it comes to games and comments.

Then again, the debate goes on whether you can take the ratings of a game to heart, considering people has all kinds of tastes when it comes to gaming. Like the saying goes, 'Someone's food might be another person's poison' so this goes for gaming too:p You have to admit there are famous games that are overrated and some good games that are underated. For example, 'Kingdom Hearts' scored pretty high with a ratio of 8 out of 10 but I personally found it not my cup of tea. It's always big companies that scored high rating even though some of the games they produced aren't that hot shots. But of course, no one can argue that some of the big titles are what they are hyped about example, Grand Theft Auto series. I can't say much about the FF series, being a RPG gamer for that long, but even Square Enix has prioritized GC animation over a good old gaming experience. Not all great games need over winded GC animation you know:) Just for the record, gameplay that focuses on camera, movement and save features are argueably the most important factors in giving out scores. A good looking game is nothing if the controls suck and has bad camera angles. Another thing we have to keep in mind is that most reviews done on sports game like Winning Eleven gets great score but that doesn't mean it's for everyone. I mean, if it's not your genre, you won't like no matter what the score is.

As gamers, we should not just take reviews as a source of our gaming experience. Rather, we can broaden our horizon and just hands on games that even scored less than 6 out of 10. Who knows? You might find something great in the midst of the bad summary. I wouldn't just take ratings as an impedement to gaming, rather use it as a guideline and do a comparison myself. Then and there, you will know whether you can actually sit down and put extra hours on that particular game or just leave it aside for someone in your family or friends to have their say:)

9. teheezin

teheezin Guest

No I'm not :D

10. kiyo8989

kiyo8989 Active Member

Is there any other place that i can buy soulsilver original game rather than the Nintendo Official shop?

11. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

goto regular game shop. depend on the area, in puchong, there is IOI mall, and in subang there is summit.

i dont know where my friend get our HGSS, but it only like RM130, with pokewalker and nice quality box, so i'm pretty sure its original.....

also lately alot of shop keeper using lowyat plaza forum to sell and take order.

12. teheezin

teheezin Guest

basically, most of the gamestops now are selling it "original" , so you can go around asking for price and maybe if you're lucky enough you get a better price than 270 bucks

13. kiyo8989

kiyo8989 Active Member

Calvin can you ask your friend where did he bought it.Is there gameshop that sells ori ds games at Sungei Wang?

14. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i'm not sure about sungei wang, its been a while since i been there. i'll ask my firend.

15. kiyo8989

kiyo8989 Active Member

16. allkratos

Is there any agnostic/atheist other than me here?

17. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Does that mean you don't believe in God whatsoever? And you go for scientific stuff like evolution and the Darwin Theory and that human actually existed from the descendant of apes??? Or you just don't believe in any but regard you just existed because of "because"? Is that agnostic/atheist means?

18. kiyo8989

kiyo8989 Active Member

Any of you guys enjoy monster hunter?

19. allkratos

Let me clarify-not believing in God is pretty much atheism.
    Agnostic-do not believe in God but do not want to confirm/rebute the existence of any omni-being.
    As for evolution and anything related to it-there are some religious people that adhere to their religions but at the same time support Darwinism.

20. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Does anybody here knows where to get Nintendo points without using the credit card here? in malaysia?