1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How many Malaysians?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rpgirl, Mar 29, 2010.

1. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

I was just wondering, is west malaysia getting any rain lately? Because we just had a downpour in over 2 months now. And today it's as hot as hell again.

2. PuffyChain

PuffyChain Well-Known Member

yup hot at midday and rain/ thunderstorm at evening...

3. H_Delta101

H_Delta101 Well-Known Member

Hmmm........doesn't anyone from terengganu,i'm from there.....

I think it would be nice if we can meet each other,hahahahahahahaha................................

4. Karyuu

Karyuu Well-Known Member

Groh...Are you Malaysian???

5. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Don't worry, I won't.

I can see smoke on the afternoon and rain on the evening. I guess there will be more rain for the few days.. I hope.

btw, which part of East Malaysia are you?

6. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

East Malaysia - Sabah - Capital City - Kota Kinabalu,
    Are there anyone from Swak? I am doing a survey on how many Msians visit this net and still counting:)

7. meganova

I guess both of us live on the same city.

8. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Oh really? That's good to know, yes we do have someone from KK itself. There are a lot of Malaysians around here but seldom come across KK for that matter. You think KK people don't game much?:)

9. meganova

I think only both of us are from KK.
    actually, I'm kind of interested where do you live.

10. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

You are not one of those Black Mars guys right from Citymall? Or a business person downloading from this site and making bucks for NDS games? LOL, it wouldn't surprise me though. Hey you notice most of the games available from the shops, well they also download it from sites...PSP Or NDS. Sometimes I even download PS2 games but rarely now as I am playing Xbox 360. Of course these can be downloaded too but it takes like a whole month to do so...man my connection is horrible!

11. meganova

To be honest.. I'm not that Black guy.
    and not that kind of business person.

Yes, I noticed it, most of the stores has done that 'legal' things,
    There are lots of Xbox 360 games at the game stores now.
    I'm sure you can bought one or two.
    Too bad, new PC games aren't available until I 'gave' some new games to the 'Lau ban'.

12. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

PC games are a bit of a nuisance though. Unlike consoles, most of them got patching or crack problem and installation as well. Not to mention games these days need a good graphic card to get going. I love PC games too but because of the hassle, I opt for console games. What do you mean you gave some new games to Lau Ban? You are not a supplier right? I am blur blur here:)

Yeah I could get xbox360 games from the shop anytime but it's a challenge for me to learn how to burn games. I just want to learn it that's all:) Have u got a PSP too besides NDS? Which location are you from meganova if you don't mind me asking:)

13. meganova

Well,
    I'm surprised why Assassin Creed 2 still haven't been sold at there, as well Metro 2033 and Supreme Commander.
    Since it has been released for a while and I managed to download it from torrent and some gaming sites.
    When I 'give' it to one of the stores at 1B, and poof! the next day, it available at most gaming stores.

If I somehow can't install the game, I just return it, and change it with a new one, or other games.
    NDS? no I didn't own it, but I will get myself a PSP later..
    and I live around the IP.

14. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

I saw Metro 2033 at CPS, the corner shop that sells only PC games. Yesterday I got C&C 4 but returned it after it was faulty. OMG, the ones sold at 1B are totally expensive. I get my PC games at 8 bucks per piece, I don't think I wanna get anymore PC games because my PC is kinda old and I can't play most new games. PSP is kinda nice but if you are thinking of getting a new old, do watch out for recons especially the 2000 series. The 3000 series has some major issues like battery and resetting although yes clearer..but hey, if you went under the sun you still wont be able to see a thing..LOL..

You are a student aren't you? Are you a sabahan by birth or from other states?:) I do download pc games from net cause it's faster but the only thing is that it takes ages. You should really try machinarium, a short game but very very interesting using logical solution to solve. It's Somorost' team that made it. Wow, you supplied them with new games huh? I don't think they deserve such royalty though because they are selling them so expensive and don't even cut us some slack..I mean some stores.

15. meganova

8 bucks per piece?
    Is that for a game with 1 dvd or 2?or a cds?
    I found that both places(as well other places) has the same prices,
    if there is the difference, it is only about 2-5 bucks.

Try getting a new PC, some PC stores at Karamunsing offer a great deal for it.
    Well, I had browsing most of the game stores around KK, but haven't found a good deal of PSP.. yet.
    Can you recommend me some place with a great offer? below 800 bucks maybe?

Yes, I'm a student. I'm surprised you able to tell if I'm a student or not.
    and I'm pure Sabahan.. I guess. :)
    Machinarium? heard about it, might as well take a look at it.
    Not really supplying though, just 'give and take'.

16. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Ya it's RM 8 per DVD, but I had to bargain till my gums bleed:) Nah, I don't think I will be getting a new pc any sooner cause I have calculated if I needed one for gaming it would over 3000k!! I want the newest graphic card and just the motherboad Intel cost like 1k plus memory, plus a kick a** monitor...don't think I can afford that right now. I have just gotten an Xbox 360 to solve that problem and another problem with my old tv which I can't really use to play HD games. ( Some games has dialogue that are hard to read)

And as for PSP, I got mine last year it's an original 1000 series, a bit bulky but steady and what do you know? It's the most saught after piece of gadget in our days. RM 800 below? I got mine at 799..LOL, just 1 ringgit difference. Hmm..have you tried looking at Smart Shop below CPS, next to the elevator? They sell a decent range of PSP at a good price. What model are you looking for? Certainly not PSP GO! cause you can't play modded games. You know I had a PSP way back in 2006 but I sold it at 800 within 3 months because that time there weren't any great games and I got bored. I cannot believe myself that I went and got it back last year because of GOW and other RPG titles.

You said you live near IP, so I just guessed you were a student plus you are in your 20's. I have been gaming since I was 8 years old, I don't think you can find any girls around KK as crazy as I am. One time people offer me to work at a games store because of my passion for games and guys here are just amazed at me but I really have to stress out that girls should play more games because these days it's not a guy's thing anymore and there are so many great titles out there a girl or anyone can find it their own kinda game:)

And no..sorry I am not selling my PSP this time around..LOL, but if you really want I can help you ask around. Do not buy any from citymall because they are really expensive. Did you know they charged like RM 5 for games under 500MB and for 1 G it's like 8!! They are really ripping people off because it shouldn't be this expensive. Afterall they got it for free too. That's why I so need to learn the curves to whatever that's happening with the PSP or NDS although I have to say I am such a noob but I am learning so that I don't have to spend extra on things that should be free:) It's good to know how because sometimes we don't wanna get cheated or be in the dark not knowing what is what.

Ah...I wish they have a PSP fan club in KK or NDS fan club where players can meet and play together.

17. meganova

Holy,
    that's a one long post.. here goes!

Uh oh, that's a high demand, I guess.
    But nothing can fulfill the needs of gamers except a good PC and a HD tv.
    That Smart Shop? I thought the prices at there is a bit higher than the one at Karamunsing(around 3rd floor).
    Well, better go check it again.. I agree no City Mall.

Some stores at there sells their PS2 console around 700-800 bucks without free controllers, games, as well memory card.
    while PS3 slim sold around 1500-1800.. I guess they need to do that to cover the store expenses, but that are too much.
    1B has a high store rent, but still sells it at decent price, one store at there sells FFXIII at 200 bucks, and GoW3 at 180,
    might as well take that in to consideration though. Too bad, FFXIII PS3 Slim is not buy-able though.

I do have some girl friends that like to plays games, but not very into it like you.. I guess.
    They only like those Yahoo! Games, and also know about FF(a bit) but not other game titles.
    yes, it's very rare to find a girl who loves to play game, except in Arcade, lots of them at there. ;D
    by the way, how old are you? guessing from your interest and all that, I guess we're on the same age?no?

18. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

3rd floor..no way I am buying from them, infact their headquarter is in CityMall itself. And their services su*ks! I don't think playing video games has anything to do with age either. Did you know that an 80 year old can play DS just as good as an 8 year old? Seriously, that's why they have the bigger version of DS so that older folks can see clearer:)

Arcade I don't really dig it because I will be inserting more money than playing it:p It's hard to play and besides, I can do that at the comfort of my own home, playing console games without having to spend $$$ and get to continue all I want. This goes true for games like Metal Slug..OH it's really awesome but too difficult without getting shot!:)

Most girls here are casual gamers, and only into Yahoo! type of games. The real hardcore ones are rare but in other countries you may find some. I am like a supermarket type of player...Used to only play RPGs but these days will settle for any kind of nice action or adventure and some FPS games. Though I am not into fighting and sports games because I am not good at them and has no interest whatsoever in them. I'm more of a console player than a PC though I have to say.

What consoles do you have meganova other than the trusty PC? I thought like many of our members here you visit this site to download NDS games and some of the old games here? It's rare if you just join for the sake of forums. What prompted you to be a part of the team here?:)

19. meganova

There is one pc store that I thought has the best service, forgot its name though.
    Well, my father do play some games , to be precise, console sport games. Like PGA tour.
    Haha, rather than making it bigger, why not play it on bigger screen, like TV.
    curiosity... How old are you really?

Sometimes, it's good to get something to smash on. Relieve some stress I guess.
    Especially that boxing mashing game.
    You can always try the arcade with card, although its a bit expensive than the coin one..

I like most of the genres though, but more into RPG, RTS, and Turn-based genres.
    Especially games with a good storyline, and gameplay.

Well, I only have PS2 and PS3, I do have Xbox years ago, but sold it for the sake of a new PC. :)
    I didn't own a DS, but my sister does, only play it on emulator though.
    Thought I get a DS back then, but PSP will do... I guess.

I found this site 2 years ago, but didn't go into forum until last year.
    Nothing much though, something 'pushed' me to go here, and helps some people..

20. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

At one time I thought of getting a PS3 but I didn't want only to have the console and not being able to purchase any games. Whoa..PS3 games cost quite a bit and you really have to be very sure what title you are getting or else you will have your pocket burn..(well maybe not, if you can afford it then that's fine). The thought of RROD on the Xbox 360 did scare me very much but I guess it's the fear of not playing games scares me more even:)

I used to play only DDR at the arcade, I have some really funny friends who were into it and we usually play together. I have broke 5 dancing mats throughout the years with my exessive jumping everyday. I have not played PS2 for a long time because there aren't any more games made for it these days. The last one I played on my PS2 was Shattered Memories, in which I downloaded it from the web and burn it onto a dvd. It worked and I was estastic.

DS is really nice actually and has more games than PSP although if you compared the graphics, then I guess PSP wins. I would like to play PSP or NDS with a friend anytime:)

I am a chinese by the way, but can't read any chinese. I don't have many female friends because of my interests...LOL, it doesn't matter because my interests keep me alive. You and I should be friends as we are gamers. It's great knowing you meganova:)