1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How long before a 3DS emulator

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Icarus007, Aug 14, 2013.

1. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Yes, the 3DS ROMs that have been dumped are legitimate (they work on the Gateway).
    Secondly, Chinese companies and developers don't need to know how to dump ROMs. That's the scenes job. They're is simply to figure out how to get them running (which is harder than dumping them, I can assure you).

2. 8bitstory

8bitstory Member

*browsed thru gbatemp*
    so gateway works that way, games beyond firmware 4.5 do not work, it's good when you start with older games.

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Incorrect.
    The Gateway 3DS can support games that require firmware above 4.x+ by fooling the console into thinking it's on that firmware.

There's only a few games that don't work, notably Batman: Arkham Origins, Pokemon X/Y, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and a Mario game.
    That's impressive, considering there are 477 games dumped.

4. 8bitstory

8bitstory Member

477 games? Then why those people on gbatemp whine about it? Maybe they are too young or too old remember that the gba flash reader/writer was around $300+ and it only has printer port, usb ports came out much later.

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Some have all the right to whine, that is if they make their own money and still it isn't enough to afford buying them. Gateway/R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe for USD 70 - 81, it's a rip off ... might as well get rob in daylight in the middle of a crowd. What's cheap to someone, may not be for others. Just have to be understanding or close your ears/eyes if you're fed up. The guys/girls at GBATemp whine about it because of many reasons, such like they blame themselves for fucking up their chance of playing 3DS rom because they wasn't patient enough to refrain from updating their console for no reason. And now they regret doing so. Can't blame them on the most part, you know how stressful it is living on one's parent's money, being a beggar in one's own home with no hope of making more than what they gave you to spend out of pity. Begging for mommy and daddy to agree and trade off their upgraded consoles for one that hasn't is hard work and stressful. It's more stressful than their parents who works day in day out to earn money to shut up their consumptive kids. :p

6. 8bitstory

8bitstory Member

Ok. I understand their point.

As I recall, gba was emulated quickly and people at that time flocked over roms. It was for the gba emulation after all and only few has/had flashcarts. So the average price of gateway is $75 to $90? Not really bad in my case, because 3ds games here in my place is around $100 for 2 to 3 games, considering those 400+ games have high compatibility. These 'kids' should sit tight, relax and save money. Some would get 2 3DS systems one for hacks and the other for legit.

Oh well, as we speak Nintendo is prepping up for their next gen hardware in 2 to 3 years after they learned this mess. They are always like that.