1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how is microsoft trying to beat sony by having better graphics...?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by ultra, Aug 20, 2007.

1. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

plus, vista has 2 versions (besides vista ultimate, etc.), one for older computers and other for good PCs. people just don't use the right one.

2. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I was just joking. I'm running Vista right now and I'm happy with it. (since March) I have a dual core 1.6GHz with 1GB of RAM.

3. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i've never tried it, but i suppose it's good. why do you say that?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yep. Are you sure you want to run this program? Are you sure you're sure? Clicking OK will make this popup disappear, continue? You don't want to not run this program?

Plus its ass slow, making a high end computer perform like a 9-10 year old machine

5. MusicAddict911

Unstable? What are you talking about? My computer has only crashed 2-3 times in past two months. Sure, it's not totally stable but it's more stable than XP in my opinion.

Bull. I installed XP on this machine that natively came with Vista and I didn't see a whole lot of difference in the speed. A little. Not a lot. And for the 900th time, You can disable the User Account Control (UAC) notifications and they don't even pop up all that much. Since I reformatted about two days ago, I've gotten one.

6. Loonylion

I used vista once, and never again. It's true what they say about first impressions, you know. I put up with ME for 2 weeks, but i'd had enough of vista within 30 minutes. Thankfully, it wasnt my machine.

7. MusicAddict911

What things about Vista don't you like? Like I said, you can disable UAC and the Aero interface to help speed up things.

8. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

microsoft have strong things like Vista and Xbox360

9. Loonylion

Vista? strong? are you serious? Vista is the worst joke M$ has ever come up with.

10. MusicAddict911

Once again, other than UAC, you don't provide evidence as to Vista being the worst operating system.

11. Loonylion

personal experience, its a total resource hog, and they advertise it as a gaming OS....

12. MusicAddict911

It's not that much of a resource hog. It hogs more resources than XP but it's not that bad.

13. adrelith

adrelith Well-Known Member

To say that Vista is a resource hog, while true, isn't exactly doing it justice. You could say the same thing comparing how much resources are used by Windows 95 and Windows XP on the same machine; I'm sure XP would use more. Vista runs fine on my PC, and any recent PC, and I have so much ram and CPU power that XP is unable to utilise it. You couldn't run XP on a Pentium I, but you're not meant to. Also, nearly every single thing I've heard people complain about Vista about can be change through user options.