1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do you think the human race will become extinct?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by assasinseye1, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Reme

Reme Well-Known Member

i have to agree with this but u have to wonder what the solution could be? kill off anyone that lives past 70? Limit child birth to 2 per parent and force any born after that into adoption by those who cant have children (or worse Falcopunch with abortion) and lastly is the most likely...starting another world war

2. 2 kids per family is already too much. One kid per family, like in China. I'm not saying I want that to happen, definitely not, but it has to.

3. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

a new plague/aids type virus that is much worse than anything so far

4. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

IIRC there is more than enough food to support the current population (something like a 25% surplus).

5. NyteWalkr

NyteWalkr New Member

One word. Cthulu. 'Nuff said. He will kill, and eat us all, destroy the world, and still be able to swallow the sun for dinner. He'll probably need some pepto bismol after, and an after dinner mint. Heart burn, y'know.

6. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

You're correct except for the whole eating humans and destroying the Earth and sun part. Humans taste like shit, and the sun would give me an upset stomach. I don't like eating things that'll probably require me to eat Pepto-Bismol.

7. Adam@Adam

Adam@Adam Active Member

Global warming. I think that it's funny, everyone is sayin' that we're destroying the world, but we're not, we're killing ourselves, earth'll still be there, laughing at our stupidity.

8. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

... We are destroying the world. And ourselves.

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I forgot why people should care about the human race as a whole. We maybe smart at times but we sure are assholes.

10. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

For the Dallas cheerleaders.

11. georockman

georockman Well-Known Member

hehe... how about my neutron star farts?
    neutron star has the most powerful gravity man knows... but so much crap is up my butt i can't pull it out nor push it out

12. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Leaving aside your flatulence, neutron stars do not have "the most powerful gravity man knows". Black holes are smaller, denser and have greater gravitational pull.

13. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Man only imagines black holes, their existence has not yet being observed.

14. tehuber1337

It's pretty difficult, if not impossible, to observe black holes directly. However, their effects on surrounding space and matter are seen easily enough.

15. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

maybe a star explodes and its blackhole sucks us in thus ending the earth. But I agree if we don't do Something about Global warming we may never see the day of flying cars or flat cell phones and what not:|

16. tehuber1337

The star* closest to us that's likely to go supernova is approximately 150 light years away. Not only is that too far away for the supernova itself to affect Earth's biosphere, but even if it results in a black hole the inverse square law would dictate that the gravitational force it exerts on Earth at such a distance would be inconsequential compared to the sun.

* To be pedantic, IK Pegasi is actually a binary star system.

17. tarotmaniac

I wasn't serious when I said that, it was sarcasm for the global warming bit. I know we won't end up getting sucked by a blackhole im not stupid, I went to school.

18. georockman

georockman Well-Known Member

fine... Jackie chan - Jet li - Donnie yen clashing together... the world explodes in to pieces... :)

19. tehuber1337

Life as a scholar has taught me never to overestimate someone's mental faculties.

However, if you're not stupid, you'd be well aware that sarcasm is not effectively conveyed through text, no?

20. tarotmaniac

yes lots of things arent well conveyed by text like narrative comedies, so i was hoping you'd give people better credit. When it comes to theards like these we want to use our imagination and not get too scientific of logical. When we open our minds to the impossible we sometimes find the truth.