1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do you think the human race will become extinct?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by assasinseye1, Apr 23, 2010.

1. ZEGMAN

ZEGMAN Active Member

By continuing to do exactly what we are doing now.

2. dancedanceyo

dancedanceyo Active Member

the population will become too great, the earth's resources will be exausted by 2040, and by that time we probably would not have really become smarter

3. 1up01

1up01 Member

Advancements in teleportation technology will lead to the creation of an inter-dimensional rift from which aliens from another world will enter and enslave the human race.

[​IMG]

4. jbsucks

jbsucks Guest

37990 years from now on in the future, there will only be war.

Okay, perhaps there won't but I have a quote that's pretty good.
    "The greatest threat to mankind, is man himself"

5. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I watched a program last night about the chernobyl disaster, if it had been any worse the whole of europe could have been left as a wasteland totally unliveable, cities 360km away would have been leveled.
    This is one quite possible way the human race could be wiped out, terrorist attack on a nuclear plant or just another human error
    maybe someone slips whilst holding a nuke and drops it on a big pile of them :)

6. jbsucks

jbsucks Guest

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl?
    (except for the anomalies, mutated animals and stuff)

7. msg2009

it was called battle of chernobyl
    it was a big deal because they had former president gorbachev telling his side of the story as well as some top military
    its amazing to think europe was almost completely wiped out and nobody really knows/cares

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

modern nuclear reactors are much safer though.

9. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

The R4 will get Angry of all that people that hates them And they will take alive and they will eat our brains and use them to make a new Frimware xDDD. They will spare r4 lovers like me

10. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

`
    Did it talk at all about how Chernobyl was basically a test to see what would happen. It wasn't an accident, it was completely ignored, maintenance was more or less stopped and precautions were ignored. Thank goodness they stopped the core from burning through to the water though.

11. Reme

Reme Well-Known Member

someone will throw a match into the gulf of mexico which will cause either a wildfire or an explosion over the sea which will cause a tidal wave which will cause other countries to exploit the weakness thus sparking world war 3

THAT or Pokemon will get more popular and cause an otaku order to rise and slay the non believers

12. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

> implying the incident was deliberate

It wasn't "to see what would happen", it was to ascertain the capability of using an existing steam turbine to power the coolant systems in the event of a power grid failure, as the diesel generators would not be able to generate sufficient power for over a minute.

I don't think oil combusts explosively enough to cause anything of the like. For that matter, I don't think there's enough oil there to do that even if it did combust fast enough. Besides, burning the oil has been used to control the spill. Ain't good for the ozone layer, though.

And the kiddies who make Pokémon "popular" in the first place are likely the same kids that get beaten up at school.

13. gaynorvader

Perhaps, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Soviet government actually handed down the order to ignore the safety procedures, although I agree that there's no conclusive evidence to support my claim. My point was that nuclear power is safer than people would believe.

14. msg2009

yes its safe but it just shows what can happen if something does go wrong

15. jaimitovond

jaimitovond Well-Known Member

In general, many usually "safe" stuff can turn quite dangerous if not handled correctly

16. XeNo - A.K.A Steelez

XeNo - A.K.A Steelez Well-Known Member

It is written in the bible so why should this even be a question.

17. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

Hope I'm not being too forward on the subject, but are you saying that Jokingly? As in trying to be a sort of up-in-your-face type of Christian? Or are you serious?

Anyways, I know for a face there's enough nuclear weapons on this planet to destroy itself I think 10 times over, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were all used at some point.

18. msg2009

lol

19. gaynorvader

I hate to tell you this, but that was 30 years ago, there's more than enough to do more than that now.

20. By just continuing what we're doing now. The population will keep increasing and eventually all resources will have been used up, thus making everyone die of starvation.