1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do YOU get a date/relationship/whatever you call it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inunah, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I don't have any rl friends. Which probably means that when my mom said my bday party was Saturday (the day some relatives are coming over) she meant that she'd be making food anyway, so just call it a bday party.

For some reason, my priorities have been fucked with for the past however long... At one point, my priority was to live alone in a nice house with everything I'd need/want and without a job. o.o Which reminds me... The only reason I graduated was so I could go to the after-graduation party and so I wouldn't have to do things ever again. o_O

You said it. I get mental strain just trying to imagine doing things not related to video games or computer.

I've never gotten an allowance. But I do get christmas and birthday money from my grandparents. :p It's unlikely I'll have enough for a 3DS for another 2 years, though.

2. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

So, you thought you could live the rest of your life (after completing your education) without taking on any responsibilities, such as paying bills, and buying groceries for yourself?

Let me tell you something, if you ever, and I do mean EVER, want to get the most of your life, one of the things you will have to do is never rest from learning. That is, you should challenge yourself (probably by obtaining a rewarding career) and always expect to learn something new each day.

I've read this entire garbage thread, and every single one of your posts in which you respond to other users here are always filled with excuses, (i.e. no malls around here, I'm bad at socializing, I don't like meeting people, I hate driving, etc.)

Those excuses of yours need to STOP! You are limiting and inhibiting yourself by making bullshit excuses. You hate driving? Then how do you expect to get around in life without driving? Let the man drive for you? And you hate meeting people? Then how do you expect to get a date? Do you see where your problem is?

Each excuse of yours has been a nail in your coffin. You are asking for help in terms of getting a date, then when people here present feasible options for you to undertake, you turn around and shoot yourself in the foot with excuses. That's not the way you should be living your life. You need to step out of your comfort zone (as many people here have said before) and start living out more. Take on more responsibilities, make progress in your life, and pretty soon, you will encounter some guy that takes interest into you.

3. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

Only one left to do then, become a NEET and mooch off of your parents/relatives for the rest of your life.

If you don't want to do that I'd recommend getting some ambition. Find something your passionate about and work from there. You'll meet nice people along the way and at the end, you'll hopefully have a stable career and friends. You don't even have to step outside your bedroom to do so! You like anime right? Well then why don't you draw inspiration from other anime artists and start drawing (Practice, practice, practice!); from there you could either branch off into other art forms, or try to break into the anime industry (which is nigh on impossible to do but at least it's something). Maybe go on and present your work to an art college; apply for a grant.

It doesn't have to be art either; grab an instrument, or put down a pen and paper and just start writing; you'll find out what you're best at soon enough.

You can't just wait for something to happen; you've got to go out and make that something happen. Be bold, be brave, set your sights on a higher ground and then you can grasp whatever you want.

Most importantly, do something - at least by creating this thread and replying you've acknowledged that you do have aspirations to achieve! So no more excuses!

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

On the right is your comfort zone. On the left is where you should be.
    [​IMG]

5. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I probably don't have a comfort zone. I'm constantly nervous and fidgety, even as I sit here right now.

I know this may sound like an excuse, but if I get paid to do something with something I'm passionate about, I don't want to do it. If it has any link into a job in my life, I would rather die than do anything with it. What's more.... I would rather get paid to sit staring at a wall than have a job at all. I don't have any clue why. Don't ask me. That's just how indecisive I am about work.

6. LuckyTrouble77

Everybody has a comfort zone, your's is just lacking an even remotely okay sized diameter.

The only way to expand it is to get out there and forcibly do it. There is no easy way. Life isn't easy. You have to grab it by the balls jerk it around a little, get it to the point that you are ready to rip them off, then ease up once you get to a good point that you feel you have made decent progress.

7. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I had a reply to this, but I forgot it the moment I completed the thought.

8. LuckyTrouble77

Then I was successful. Now, go, live life!

9. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Which command key was that again? L + Ctrl + Alt + Windows Key + F9 + Enter? o.o

But seriously. Why are you successful in making me forget things the moment I think them? I do that all the time.

10. LuckyTrouble77

It's Ctrl+Alt+Right arrow key fyi.

I was successful in my advice, as it was so astoundingly good, you forgot your response.

11. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I don't know if that's the correct logic....

12. LuckyTrouble77

Logic is for logical people. You have to step out of the realm of logic, go to a fucked up place, then come back to really know "logic."
    Nah, I'm just kinda tired and have slept horribly the past couple of nights.

Either way though, I do mean what I said. Step out of that comfort zone, however small it may be. It is only holding you back and making your life even more difficult. Grab life by the balls and get shit done. You will never regret it.

13. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Logic meter -_-

14. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

1. Stepped out of realm of logic.
    2. Went to 4chan. (You can't deny it's a fucked up place)
    3. Came back unscathed, though quite butthurt.

It must be shit tons of small, since I don't even know where my comfort zone is.

15. CoolKill3r

Inunah seriously, how do you expect to have friends when you sit behind your PC all day,
    We give you all kind of options but you don't listen to any of it, then whats the use really?

16. Conrannex

Conrannex Guest

Holy turkey balls and some salad this thread has moved fast, I'm not sifting through this horse manure.
    Alright, ho, let's put it simple, kay? No man wants some clingy lady all up in his balls, just like no lady wants some chowder sniffing boyfriend, you hear?
    So what you do, as I assume you're a walking colossus of lard, is you LADY UP, go eat some salads, go shopping and go exercise that flab away like the ghostbusters took care of slimer, you hear?
    THIS LOOKING TOO COMPLICATED FOR YOU, PUNK?!
    WELL LET ME GIVE YOU A LIST TO FOLLOW.

1- LOSE WEIGHT, ACQUIRE NICE BODY. (EXERCISE, SALAD, REMOVE JUNK FOOD FROM THE EQUATION)
    2- LADY UP (BE CONFIDENT, MAYBE PUT ON SOME MAKE-UP IF YOU'RE A COOTIE-FACE, ACT CUTE)
    3- BE YOURSELF (A RELATIONSHIP WON'T WORK IF YOU'RE NOT YOU!!!)
    4- CLEAN UP (SMELL NICE, BE CLEAN, NO MAN WANT'S SOME STANK-ASS HO)
    5- PATIENCE (DON'T RUSH IT, YOU'LL FIND THAT RIGHT GUY EVENTUALLY, DON'T SETTLE FOR LESS)

YOU FOLLOW AT LEAST SOME OF THIS LIST AND YOU'RE BOUND TO GET SOME GUY

17. CoolKill3r

Thats just sad dude,
    Its about how you feel on the inside not how you look on the outside,
    Well yea its importand but if a guy only wants you for your body then its not good.

18. LuckyTrouble77

Your comfort zone is obviously your home. You can't say that you don't feel more comfortable in your home than anywhere else in the world as it stands now. Every aspect of your home, the safety of it, the familiarity, it's all things you are well acquainted with and you know to not actively change without pretty much your express consent.

You need to basically start just by going around, saying "hi" to people as you pass. See somebody familiar? Ask them how they are doing as you go by. See somebody you don't know? Ask them how they're doing as you walk by. That is about a million steps up from where you currently are and will help to build a foundation. I wouldn't suggest flinging yourself out of your comfort zone by catapult right away and forcing yourself into an overly social situation you aren't ready for though.

Take your time, take it slow, but get the ball rolling and it isn't gonna stop.

19. Conrannex

Conrannex Guest

You some hairy gangrenous blue waffle? You have no sense of reality, man.
    HOW DO YOU GET ATTENTION? SHOW 'EM SOMETHING THEY WANT. NOBODY WANTS SHADOW OF THE COLOSSAL GUT.
    WHAT SOMEONE APPEARS LIKE ON THE OUTSIDE SHOWS WHAT THEY ARE LIKE ON THE INSIDE. GO BACK TO PRIMARY SCHOOL.

20. CoolKill3r

Please dont abuse caps-lock.
    And you do like girls must look perfect too have friends.
    So if your a fat girl you may cannot have friends, is that what you mean?