1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do YOU get a date/relationship/whatever you call it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inunah, Jan 19, 2011.

1. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

simple solution,
    Move out, live on your own get a job to pay it then live in the city ect
    You'll get a friend soon anuf!

2. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

It happens you know. All the time. Scroll back 2 pages and see what I'm talking about.

3. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

You sound like you don't want to help yourself

4. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

...That's what everyone's been saying, but I don't feel that that'll help any.

I do... I just have no options to do that....

5. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Hey pal,Ive been on numerous blind dates,and most ended with the "log going to the beaver" LOL

6. dedboy

dedboy Guest

You need to settle into being comfortable in your own skin. This sounds less like a major issue, and more of a lack of self-esteem. You should know if you're ok with being you, making friends just happens on its own.

Like Honest said, you sound like you just want to have a shoulder to cry on, rather than a real solution to your 'problem'.

7. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

well, everyone here is giving you simple solutions. but you are still overthinking it. that is why you keep rejecting everyone's help. making friends is pretty simple. even for people that have many problems. i used to be shy, overthinking about stuff like this. but then i though about it and said to myself, why be scared about something so simple and then just did it. now you see me around with many people in college. some weekends im not on here because i go out and everything. but you wont get to do friends if you dont really try it. or you pray everyday for a friend!

8. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Stop being a pussy, go out and talk to some guys. I suppose you'll now say you can't hold a conversation? Well there's only one way you can develop your interpersonal skills, and it's not sitting in the house moping about things.

9. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

You dont listen to people ok,
    Just go into your little town and find people, you know this topic wont help you in anyway
    sorry if i'm being hard but it is the truth, you have to face it, if you cant get friends in town you cant get any.
    So just go and find people!

10. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

So simple = too difficult now?

11. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

is that it seems you dont really want us to help you. im sorry to say this, but so far this topic seems it was made to feel pitty for you for not having friends. but the thing is you are in your house not doing anything about it and not really wanting to try any of the suggestions, which are similar because thats like the only way to make friends... socializing

12. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

It will help if you really want a relationship, then don't shy away from everyone. Large cities are great places to meet people, since there is usually public transportation, and things are mere minutes away even by foot.
    Which is bad. Crying and lamenting can help ease thoughts, but it won't actually get anything else done.

13. dedboy

dedboy Guest

It's only difficult due to you making it that way. You want a real relationship? Work for it.
    You want a real man? Work for it.
    You want to have someone play the 'guide you by the hand' card? Forget it.
    Stop generating obsticles, and gather up your energy, go out and challenge yourself to do better.

Turn off the computer, walk to your street corner, then come back.
    Do this for a few days, then walk a bit further. Even if you have to do it slow, you're still doing it.
    And to put it all into perspective:

Grow up.
    Coming from me, that's pretty damn bad.

14. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

......................and dont think of joining one of them "Sects".

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

innuah, you sound alot like soemone I know, right down to the enjoy being at home bit XD

Unless you try to venture out, you'll have to try for an online relationship/just get a big ass bunch of online buddies to drive away the fears of dying alone.

Dedboy is right too, will and effort is required, simple solutions=impossible.

I didnt even consider relationships at 18, or before it, wasn't until recently that I tried, get some life experience that doesnt involves the computer and see how you go :)

16. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I barely have the will to get out of bed in the morning. o.o

Didn't know getting life experience was possible in a small hicktown where there's nothing and nothing happens.

17. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

It would be possible if you had friends, and hung out.
    This is a circle, since meeting friends requires going out. And having fun outside in a small town almost always requires friends.

Anyway, no relationships will happen if you stay this way. Somehow, you're going to have to eventually get the will to change yourself.

18. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Yeah..... :(

19. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

Join a random group or volunteer for something/anything that looks vaguely interesting.
    And from there just be enthusiastic, even if you don't act like that normally, just put on a new face and bust out an exciting introduction of yourself.
    This gets people interested in you and acts as an ice-breaker if the moods chilly; it also helps people remember your name.
    It feels good to break free every once in a while.

Are you still in any form education?

(I'm pretty much a shut in myself, but I still make friends through clubs and other stuff. I find that it helps if the people you're talking to are complete strangers so that they don't know how non-social you are beforehand. Confidence booster y'know!?)

20. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Dress very slutty, that will get some attention.