1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do YOU get a date/relationship/whatever you call it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inunah, Jan 19, 2011.

1. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

This is stupid and embarrassing

2. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Not if you're witty enough and have no sense of shame whatsoever. :D

3. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

yes. best way to become friends :p but yeah. i am a shameless person in real life, and funny. so its pretty easy to break the ice with new people

4. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Can't. No money or job. Plus, I can't drive (I refuse to go over 20mph. It's too fast).

I am neither shameless nor funny. All situations lead to me wanting to never leave the house again.

5. toffster92

You could study and get a scholarship in one of those bigtime universities, then tell your parents "I have to go to (city name) for my future"
    Also, being witty is not the same as being funny. If you're witty, the stupid people will think you're funny, the average people will look up to you, and the witty people will respect and like you.

6. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

We can't afford it, and I'm already past the point of scholarships.

I know. But for some reason, everything I try to say that is witty comes out as so stupid even the stupid people aren't stupid enough to say it.

7. toffster92

Well then, I'm all out of ideas for you madam.

If you really want to make some friends, then just go out there and do it. Open your mouth, say anything you like, and hope somebody will listen. That's how I did it. Other than that, try going to different forums and try meeting up with the people there, if you can find anybody near where you live.

And if you ever find yourself in the North Side of Chicago, look me up! ;) I'd be happy to make your acquaintance.

8. iluvfupaburgers

one other advice i can give you is probably, just dont think too much about it. if you want friends, go for it. worst thing that can happen is that they say no. or something similar. just going to a group you like and try to talk to them. dont just talk about videogames or anime, there are plenty more to talk about, and maybe you will find interest in someone

9. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Who knows, just talk to people on school ask them to do things,
    People llike you just think its not so easy but it is, its damn easy just walk to someone and ask,
    Go to clubs or something, doesnt matter but undertake action!

10. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

That and Fringe is all I know enough about to talk about, though.

11. iluvfupaburgers

well, theres plenty to talk about. sports, food, movies, animals. anything can be a conversation starter, the only thing that is stopping you is yourself

12. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

can I clarify if its a relationship between

Woman/Woman
    Man/Man
    Man/Woman

13. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Get a job, any job. Save up enough money to afford college or an apartment in a city, and move. It depends which city though.
    If you really hate the people where you live, that is.

You'll have to somehow get the courage to strike up conversations.
    I'm sure there are tons of online self help sites for that stuff, and there are definitely books at any libraries.
    Read them and attempt to get over your anxiety of talking. Because talking incoherently almost ensures you won't be in a meaningful relationship.

14. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I'm so bad at socializing that I'm in Year 2 of Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 1st Love..... Without a love interest. Everyone except Konno denies to go to the coffee/tea shop with me.

......wut?

....I really hate the people where I live, but I don't see a point in getting a job or moving when it's much easier to sit at home where everything's okay.

15. iluvfupaburgers

well, what about here. you write alot, and you say you have many friends in msn. i bet you talk alot there and here you do. its the same thing, you are socializing, except that in real life you do it by speaking to people instead of writing

16. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Heh, even in games? XD

Then do the self help stuff, I guess. You just need to break whatever is stopping you from socializing.
    You won't be in a meaningful relationship unless you socialize (or a random miracle happens)

17. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Like i said before, go and do things, undertake actions whatever.
    I know you may feel lonely but you will keep staying like that if you wont do anything,
    we can tell you to do thios ot that but it wont work.
    If you want to meet people just go to clubs disco's ect whatever!

18. dedboy

dedboy Guest

If everything was ok at home, ask yourself, would you be looking for love/friendship in the wrong places?

Relationships are 50/50- You have knocked everyone's suggestions down piece by piece.
    If you want an easy fix, and are indeed 18- use a dating site.
    Otherwise, suck it up, hit the malls, become a mallrat and find someone.
    Go work at an animal shelter, volunteer to just walk your local neighborhood, just adding what you can to help out. People will notice you faster than you think. Your age has set a flag off in my head...

One other thing; The faster you get into a relationship, the faster you'll get your heart broken.

19. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

I think Hypnos is single-maybe you could meet and shack up with him

20. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I'm not able to talk as well as I type. When I type, I can go as fast as I want before I submit a message and not make any mistakes... But when I talk, I tend to talk faster than my brain can provide words for me to say. Sometimes even when I talk slowly, my brain is still too slow. That's part of the awkwardness.

That's the problem. How do you break something like that if you don't know what it is?

There's nothing around here.

No malls around here, have no way to get to malls. (Not that I'd know how to get to the mall anyway)

And the animal shelter.... Hmm.... I don't even know if there's one in this town... Might be in the next town over, 10 minutes away by car.....

........You think I'm willing to go meet up with someone I barely know? o.o