1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how do you get 32mb gba files to run in ezy3in1 expasion pack

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sadboy, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadboy

sadboy Guest

only plus runs 32mb gba files

2. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Are you sure the AceKard doesn't work?! It's probably a clone, I never heard of a EzFlash 5...

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Prehaps.

But...ezy 5...that's got me.

That's the slot 2-this card may be the key to solving this.

The slot 2 may be a clone-not the slot 1.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The non-plus can run 32MB as well.

You just have to use NOR mode, like I said earlier. NOR flashes the game to the GBA memory permanently, and treats the 3 in 1 as the actual GBA game, you can start it from the DS menu in slot 2.

I just put Chain of Memories on my CycloDS to confirm. It comes up saying "The selected ROM is too large to fit in PSRAM. Would you like to write to NOR flash instead?"

In GBA Exploader, pressing L or R will toggle between NOR and PSRAM modes. NOR mode takes much longer to initially flash, but once flashed, it runs instantly just like a GBA game, without needing to load again.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

What about the ezy 5 sad boy is talking about?

6. TirithRR

As I said earlier, the full name of the 3 in 1 is "EZFlash V 3 in 1"
    V being the roman numeral for 5. And in big lettering on the card it says "EZFlash V" (or EZFlash 5).

So when he said that's what his card said, that's what he meant.

7. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

EZ V is a Slot 1 card! 3in1 is the expansion, V is the Slot one card! Wait... AKAIO has more compatibility for EZ FLASH!!! USE IT!!! IMA GENIUS!!! or an epic nerd failure...

8. TirithRR

Please, I'm telling the truth.

Look at the picture:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967

EZFlash V
    gba game/ram expansion/rumble pack

9. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

10. TirithRR

I know that the EZFlash V is a slot 1 card.

But that's not what we are talking about. The 3 in 1 expansion pack is also labeled with "ezflash V" on it's label. They are both made by the same team, and the EZFlash V expansion pack is made and sold as a direct compliment to the EZFlash V slot 1 card.

I'm just trying to get you people to drop the confusion and talk about the Slot 1 card, because we are talking about the expansion pack.

11. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

NVM, I'm a dumba...-gets shot-
    Still, try AKAIO for the r4(?)/Acekard or YSMenu for the R4

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

thats the EZFlash Vi. Its the DSi card

13. TirithRR

To be fair, I believe the EZFlash V (non-i) slot 1 card was their card before the DSi version.

14. sadboy

sadboy Guest

i got to run in nor it was a file in rumble feature was blocking it thanks boss everthing is running fine now
    Post Merge: [time]1254625768[/time]
    ok heres a good thing about 3in1 expasion pack 5 after you save in nor file you dont need any r4ds are acekard2i to load the gba file it shows up at loading screen in gba slot.i just put the 3in1 in dslight without top cart and the rom loads one rom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.