1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do you cook eggs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by awesomebros, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

put it in when the water starts boiling and give it 3 minutes then take it out.

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

ive tried lots of times, ive tried putting the eggs in when the water is cold then starting the timer when its boiling, ive tried putting the eggs in when the water is boiling then starting timer. ive tried slightly longer and shorter times. its always the same, either white is still not done or the yolk is too hard. Im just not good with soft boiled eggs.
    Im good at cooking chicken foo yung though :)

3. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Add salt to the egg. There you go, you're tasting the egg, XD. Just because a food is classified as bland, it doesn't mean it doesn't have a taste. The only thing that really doesn't have any taste is water.

4. Dannysikth

Dannysikth Well-Known Member

if you add milk to eggs and vinegar you will get mayonnaise. but frying it is still a bad idea

5. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Non-stick is death to cooking.

To the op. Watch the film Angel Heart then go boil an egg. :)
    Post Merge: [time]1277521924[/time]
    How to boil an egg: Boil some water(no eggs). Put your eggs in a pot with some salt(how much salt depends on the hardness of your water, if in doubt add 1 desert spoon, worry not you will not eat this salt). Carefully pour your boiling water into your pot with the eggs and salt(if the egg shell splits then you have not enough salt).
    Now heat your pot and bring it back to a boil. A boil is when the water is jumping out of the pot. Boil for 5 minutes and your eggs are done.

Eat your eggs with a little butter and salt. (and never buy salted butter as it is not butter)

6. Loonylion

picking a hole in the bottom (large end) of an egg is supposed to stop them exploding but I can't say ive ever had it happen.

7. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

you mean 3 right? i always thought it was 3 minutes and i think someone else said 3 minutes too

8. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Egg, Milk, Jug, Microwave, Scramble.

9. Loonylion

5 minutes would be hardboiled. 3-3.5 for softboiled.

damn right

10. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

I have to boil almost 15 mins to get em hardboiled
    10 for soft

11. scarface1980

scarface1980 Member

okay... Pick up the egg with your left or right hand, Crush that egg on a pan so that the stuff would fall into a pan, put the heat On MAXIUMUM!!!! like about 1000 degrees C, and let it BURNNN SUNN!!!