1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do you cook eggs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by awesomebros, Jun 23, 2010.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

can you elaborate on the odd position?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I can make nice soft boiled eggs, and ive made scrambled egg at least once (I use the microwave).

3. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

Scrambled eggs all the way!

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I'm not the right person to describe it. Let's just say it's unbelievebly painful

5. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

microwave for scrambled eggs? i haven't tried that before o_O

6. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Active Member

1a. place 1 slice of bread in toaster(don't push it in! that's your timer!)
    1. bring saucepan of water to boil
    2. add 1 teaspoon of vinegar (that's right!)
    3. break egg into teacup
    4. stir boiling water into whirlpool
    5. gently pour egg from teacup into centre of saucepan (whirlpool effect should keep your egg in the centre of the pan.
    6. now you can put your toast on.
    7. keep stirring to prevent egg from sticking
    8. when toast 'pops' remove egg from water with a slotted spoon or a spatula, allow to drain a few secs and plop onto toast
    9. add seasoning of your choice
    10. eat it!
    you may need to experiment with the timing depending on your toaster and some of the egg white will separate when you add it to the pan but this can produce really tasty, fluffy eggs.
    Oh yeah, fresh eggs are the best bet.

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmmm....i've cooked eggs before, but never like that....gonna try it for breakfast in a few minutes. 0_o (it's 11:15 where i'm at 0_o)

8. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

No, people get tired of eating eggs the same way over and over again.

9. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I use a fuckload of leftover oil from my sausages and fry the inside yolk cause the yolk is disgusting. I also fry the membrane which holds the yolk. Turns pink. Yum.

10. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

I am allergic for eggs...

I baked one once, my mom said it tasted horrible.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The only eggs I can eat and tolerate is hard boiled and omelettes. I can eat scrambled eggs but I won't enjoy it, and the only way I can have sunny side up is with bread and ketchup.

But omelets are the shit. I usually put salsa, sausage/bacon, and cheese in the omelettes. Om nom nom nom nom. Although I don't really like to fluff up my omelets.

12. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

You can actually fry eggs in the microwave.

13. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I LOVE OMELETS. I has them with Tomato, Ham, Sausage, Bacon, Cheese, Green Onions, Bell Peppers, Potatoes, and more. I don't like omelets too crunchy (like my mom makes it) or too gooey (like my dad makes it), so I make my own. 13 year old Filipino cook right here.

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Omelets aren't supposed to be crunchy..

I just don't like it fluffy, like adding milk to make it puff up. Not only does it physically make me ill, it makes it kinda gooey like you said. Although maybe cause the fluffed up once that I had, had too much milk. I don't know, I just like them without the milk though. :3

Also salsa in omelets = awesome. Delicious.

15. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Omelets are omelets. Some people sofisticate them too much. Adding milk and this sort of thing makes the egg taste disappear. And if you're making omelets to not taste eggs, then you're not supposed to be making omelets in the first place. Try pies or panckakes that have tasteless masses and you can stuff them with everything you want.

16. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I never add milk, and I add all the shitz to make them taste awesome, it doesn't cover up the taste of egg.
    My mom doesn't cook them too well... And my dad doesn't need to add milk to make the omelets gooey... He doesn't cook em enough, makes me hurl. Never add milk. Spicy green sauce + mild salsa = om nom nom

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Egg is like chicken, it's a bland food, you're supposed to add things to it since there's not that much flavor.

Also if you wanted to taste egg, just make scrambled or sunny side up

18. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Scrambled ~~ Omelet

19. agxthesorrow

agxthesorrow Well-Known Member

as the normal way... put 2 of them in a frycook and fry them with some oil and salt... hoallla!

20. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

soft boiled is the hardest to do, i can never get it perfect