1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do you control your anger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rock91, Mar 10, 2010.

1. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I was going to say that that would be the definition of a sociopath, not a psychopath; but some quick research proves me wrong:
    http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-difference-between-a-psychopath-and-a-sociopath.htm
    Personally, I try to do something "constructive" with my anger (i find it easier to exercise and write when i'm angry). Sometimes though, I'm just really destructive and childish and end up pissing off people around me.

2. xJonx

xJonx Member

I know some people are going to nag about this one but I smoke. Yes it seems rediculous, but the nicotine does calm the nerves.

3. knightof3

knightof3 Well-Known Member

I usually dig my nails into my arms or legs(dont worry i dont have long nails), read something, take a knife and cut up a book and see how far the knife has cut through it, slam doors, throw my stuff, shoot people in games, destroy easily destroyable stuff like paper, and throw myself into my bed and go to sleep. I dont hit things cause it hurts later on. I get mad easily its just me.

4. boredsimon

boredsimon Well-Known Member

I do puzzles that make me even more infuriated and then play GH Through the fire and flames(medium) and just waste time

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I yell and hit things

oh wait, thats not really controlling is it

6. knightof3

knightof3 Well-Known Member

LOL i would do that except i like to use my pillows at night XD

7. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Well-Known Member

1) Draw Tentacle Rape

2) Draw Gore

3) Go Exercise (Might as well use this built-up energy... :p )

4) Go post my rage in a "Shout out your rage in this Forum Section"

5) Eat lots of instant-noodles.

8. bellsarc

bellsarc Well-Known Member

all the things i try in order

1) slap my forehead

2) think of something else

3) call people names in my head

4) sit down and rub my temples

5) lie down for a bit

and if all else fails, 6) go skits at everyone in site

9. MysticMaja

MysticMaja Well-Known Member

"Getting angry is punishing yourself for the mistakes of others." I saw that posted on a wall and I kind of agree. It takes a lot to anger me and I mostly just laugh trivial offenses off. When something makes me angry, I just fix whatever it is that's bothering me if I can. If it's something beyond my control, I just vent to friends.

10. DECADE5

DECADE5 Well-Known Member

Dude doesn't 1) make it worse? Cause then you're angry AND your face hurts. Double trouble,eh?

11. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

The pain distracts you from your emotions.

12. DECADE5

DECADE5 Well-Known Member

True.

13. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

I'm very slow to anger but i could be a bull when i'm furious. i try to control my anger by just taking a deep breath and thinking of the consequences before taking any actions since you can say a lot of awful things you don't really meant when you're mad, and i don't like fights nor arguments.

14. hegyak

hegyak Member

I play The Ship. I call it, "Getting a case of the murders" It helps with my anger as I get to beat the crap out of someone who I am supposed to and I get to be paranoid about who's behind me.

15. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

I also yell into a pillow, and then slam it down and punch it until i get exhausted. :D

16. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

At home: I go to my room and sit on my bed... Door closed, if someone disturbs I yell at them...

At school: Go sit on a chair in the classroom, or (if being outside), stand in an corner.

I am more of the "I do not want to be disturbed" type when being angry...

17. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

Compress your anger kiddies!
    It makes you a better man :3

Fix'd

18. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

19. Tian Maut

Tian Maut Well-Known Member

Eating expensive foods and sometime cursing.

20. bellsarc

bellsarc Well-Known Member

well im not so stupid as to hurt myself... most of the time
    and it just makes me laugh so im happier